• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
invincible-title.gif

This. Probably my nr. 1 superhero show of all time.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Only one recommendation for Bosch, rest of you must hate OP.

Bosch
Upload
Undone

I don't think You have time for much else with only 10 days

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Don't mean to come off as dickish and am earnestly asking this what tv isn't "smart" in the last 10 years? Lol

And touché to your reasons. To each their own.
A TV older than 10 years. 😄

It's a 2011 Panasonic plasma that's still sees regular use (even though I've got a 2021 Hisense in the living room).

Last edited:

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
Don't mean to come off as dickish and am earnestly asking this what tv isn't "smart" in the last 10 years? Lol

And touché to your reasons. To each their own.
Also I've had numerous smart tvs and the iOS are always sluggish compared to a dedicated streaming stick so I bought streaming sticks for all my tvs. Not to mention they generally don't support as many apps or get updated as frequently.

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
Undone was my favorite show of the year when it first came out. Thought it was one and done and was surprised when season 2 dropped. How could another season top an amazing story that ended so beautifully? Well just finished season 2 and it blew season 1 out of the water. So yeah watch Undone.

blainethemono

Oct 27, 2017
Patriot is really good and I keep forgetting there was a second season. also Fleabag, The Kettering Incident and Top of the Lake

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Update:
  • Finished the rest of The Outlaws.
  • Watched both seasons of Patriot.
  • Watched Eva 3.0+1.0.
Patriot was a nice surprise. I had seen it recommended elsewhere recently, prior to starting this thread. It's an unusual? show, but give it a couple episodes if you don't immediately click with it. It can be simultaneously suspenseful and completely ridiculous and it works.

Last edited:

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Only one recommendation for Bosch, rest of you must hate OP.

Bosch
Upload
Undone

I don't think You have time for much else with only 10 days
Not to mention if you do finish Bosch before your sub ends the new Bosch sequel series is on Freeve (formally IMDB TV) and is free to watch without a sub. Win/Win.

Reminds me i need to re-watch Bosch.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Please watch Patriot, one of the best series ever.

If you have the time after that; I liked Outer Range.

Edit: i see youve watched Patriot. All is well.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Is Bosch really that good folks? Im all out of new content to watch.

Ive heard the actor likes Deftones so thats a plus. And I liked him in Deadwood (and Lost i guess lol)

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Not to mention if you do finish Bosch before your sub ends the new Bosch sequel series is on Freeve (formally IMDB TV) and is free to watch without a sub. Win/Win.

Reminds me i need to re-watch Bosch.

I plan on rewatching Bosch too, easily the best thing Amazon has made.

I've read the spin off is good, but the adverts and weekly drops are annoying. I'm gonna binge once they all drop

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I plan on rewatching Bosch too, easily the best thing Amazon has made.

I've read the spin off is good, but the adverts and weekly drops are annoying. I'm gonna binge once they all drop
Yeah it's why i haven't started it yet. Freevee's release schedule is weird because this dropped 4 episodes and then week-week where as Leverage Redemption dropped half the season then went on hiatus then dropped the other half.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017

Ive heard the actor likes Deftones so thats a plus. And I liked him in Deadwood (and Lost i guess lol)

Bosch has an actor from The Wire. In an episode said actor talks about how they binged watched The Wire, that alone means it's worth watching.

Being serious, yeah it's that good.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's why i haven't started it yet. Freevee's release schedule is weird because this dropped 4 episodes and then week-week where as Leverage Redemption dropped half the season then went on hiatus then dropped the other half.

How bad are the adverts on Freevee? I haven't used it yet, but I guess if the show is made with adverts in mind, the breaks will feel more organic.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Invincible is the best thing on there. Even non-superhero fans i know adored it and binge watched it. Only 8 episodes i think.

Undone, The Patriot and Documental are great too.

Mr Robot is kind of incredible but also intense in a wired electric way with can make it an uncomfortable watch. Really good though.

Outer Range, Upload etc - they're all nice but just OK really.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
How bad are the adverts on Freevee? I haven't used it yet, but I guess if the show is made with adverts in mind, the breaks will feel more organic.
I've only watched Leverage Redemption and every episode had 3 ad breaks around a minute and a half each in 50-53 minute episodes.

Unfortunately they weren't that organic and they top heavy the final act of the episode with 2/3 ads fairly close to each other when can kill some steam.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I've only watched Leverage Redemption and every episode had 3 ad breaks around a minute and a half each in 50-53 minute episodes.

Unfortunately they weren't that organic and they top heavy the final act of the episode with 2/3 ads fairly close to each other when can kill some steam.

That sounds pretty bad, especially when you are used to streaming ad free. It's annoying some regions get Legacy as part of their Prime sub, so no adverts.

It's sad seeing how Amazon has seemingly demoted this show when it's one of the best things they have made. I'm sure there are financial reasons, but they should have just kept it on Prime.

I think I read there were contract disputes with some actors and that's why they don't appear in Legacy, but I'm not 100% about that. The adverts and maybe some missing actors are concessions I'm willing to take if it means we get more Bosch. I hope they do have some cameo's from the OG cast though.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
If you're into that genre, Amazon Prime has a pretty decent selection of Horror movies

Goron3

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2020

It's absolutely superb. It does a great job (especially from S2 onwards) of making the City of L.A the main character, as opposed to Bosch himself. Titus Welliver is superb in it, as are Jamie Hector, Amy Aquino and Lance Reddick.