• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Do you like Homeland, Bourne, and stuff like that?
If so yea
I felt it was more like if you enjoyed the leftovers, OA, Lost, then this show will be 10/10 experience for you. And it was at least for me.

Anyway, I hate that I know how this show is going to end, W/O anyone actually knowing the truth or be sure of it.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I felt it was more like if you enjoyed the leftovers, OA, Lost, then this show will be 10/10 experience for you. And it was at least for me.

I really like Homeland, Bourne, The Leftovers (pure genius imo), and OA (the first one, haven't watched the second). I absolutely hated Messiah. The problem is in the execution, the show's idea may be ok, the execution is garbage level imo.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I really like Homeland, Bourne, The Leftovers (pure genius imo), and OA (the first one, haven't watched the second). I absolutely hated Messiah. The problem is in the execution, the show's idea may be ok, the execution is garbage level imo.
It definitely feels low-budget and sloppily assembled. Which is sad, because with enough money and in the right hands, I think there's a good enough story in there somewhere to make an amazing show.

As it is, it's a good idea stuck inside a decent show. I'm happy I watched it.

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot of rehashing of existing philosophical thought in this show and painting it like it's a new culture altering concept when it comes from the titular character.

And to borrow from another philosophical source: "A leader is best when people barely know that he exists."

I don't trust Jesus 2.0 one bit. He's manipulative but pretends he's not.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares? None of the gods are even remotely real. It's a fantasy series like LotR.

r8MLbMY.gif

Openrob

Nov 5, 2017
It's a great show, but the later episodes were a bit weak. Loved the whole premise and like you said, what this whole situation would look like on the global stage, state and religious leaders, etc.

It's what I hate about 'Christian' adaptions of Jesus life - it's all too clinical and avoids the groundedness which is actually really interested.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of positive reaction here but I must admit I didn't end up enjoying this too much. I'm a huge Lost and Leftovers fan btw.

In the end virtually nothing happened. And by episode 4 or 5 I was convinced I was watching a TV series version of one of those God's Not Dead movies - except there never ended up being a comic book villain liberal.

Also the way they utilized Philip Baker Hall as the CIA lady's dad was weird - it felt like his scenes were all filmed at once (minus the beach scene). And also totally random when Beau Bridges of all ppl shows up.