• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
No clap earlier here either, and we usually get a text from the neighbour inviting me...whilst my better half is making her way home from a 12 hour shift at the hospital.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
This was the weirdest thing. It was 'clap for carers is back, this time as clap for heroes'. What it should have been is 'person on twitter posts something saying we should clap'. Or actually 'here is the weather' because how the fuck is a single tweet from a member of the public headline fucking news?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this person responsible for the original clap for carers too? It's just last time the government latched onto it to cover up for their monumental cock up in providing PPE for frontline staff, which was breaking in the news at the time.

And the nation gobbled it up, banging their pans and, in my area at least, even setting off fireworks every Thursday as thanks, yet not a peep to be heard about how the Tories let down the NHS during the worst pandemic in living memory.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone clap? I didn't notice anyone here making noise and they were pretty noisy first time around

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone clap? I didn't notice anyone here making noise and they were pretty noisy first time around

I didn't hear anything in my area.

Seems like it was quite muted everywhere.

www.bbc.co.uk

Muted response as Clap for Heroes returns

The weekly applause is back - but its founder distances herself from the initiative.

Not cool if she was receiving threats though. I never got the impression that she, herself, was trying to do anything cynical with it - she asked for the original one to stop after 10 weeks.

Last edited:

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Heard nothing around my end. It's embarrassing stood there clapping like a dickhead knowing they're getting shafted and shit on.

I'll clap when they get paid an appropriate wage.