• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Title Screen music of all time

• Dragons Dogma

Votes: 232 40.8%
  • Buck Bumble

Votes: 255 44.9%
  • Everyone else

Votes: 81 14.3%

• Total voters

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
I was really surprised to see B'z singing the title screen song. The song is actually the english version of this one:

The original version was released in 1998.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Of the two, Dragon's Dogma no contest. Of all games? FFX-2 and Chrono Cross give it a legit run for its money.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't here to argue with you OP, because Into Free is terrific, I'm just gonna also post the original Life Is Strange and LiS: Before the Storm's title/main menu themes, because they are both excellent at setting the tone of both games.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
My man.

I think it's a toss-up between that and this.

You did NOT just post that. Holy fuck. I remember when my dad had the shareware demo or something for this back in the day. I used to think this was the coolest damn song ever lmao. I'd just watch the opening over and over and over again so I could listen to this song. Bless you for posting this.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Dude im sorry but that dragons dogma song sounds like the most generic possible anime theme being given a "rock remix" on youtube or something. Not that its poorly made for what it is or that the band isnt talented, but buck bumble is in a different league.

OP
OP
Redfox088

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Dude im sorry but that dragons dogma song sounds like the most generic possible anime theme being given a "rock remix" on youtube or something. Not that its poorly made for what it is or that the band isnt talented, but buck bumble is in a different league.
..........don't be a hater all your life dog.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Some dope entries here, and not just Buck Bumble.

Not the best, but a requirement on any list is this wtf-worthy dark-future 9-minute opening-screen song..... from a licensed Adventures of Batman & Robin game. Jasper Kyd got so much blood out of the Mega Drive's Yamaha chip with this one.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like both especially dragons dogma but the buck bumble devs never changed buck bumbles opening theme so I think he gets the win.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Sorry, but it's time to rock with the biggity Buck Bumble.

Edit: To be quite honest, Metroid Prime has probably the best main menu ever made overall.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
It's a competent track but not really feeling it. Would suit some cheesy anime though. They at least got some energy into it.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I perfectly remember the day I entered my trusty videogames shop just in time to witness the owner about to start playing buck bumble.
"What the fuck is this that I'm hearing??"
"This is called raggae, my dude" he said as he started to nod staring at the screen.

(Note: it was the PAL version and sounded waaaay slower than this, close to YT video of it played at 0.75x speed)