• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the reputation of Saudi around the world is .. not good. So many wrong ideas are being spread all over. There's some truth to what's being reported but many many wrong false news are being spread too. I'm proud to be Saudi, it's my home and it's where I was raised (I hope I don't get resented for saying this)

I love the community of Era (as it's multi culture community) so I had this idea to share some answers to you as a Saudi national.

Ask your questions about anything and I'll answer them.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great idea for a thread! Hope you don't mind if some of the questions are about sensitive topics.

I was curious about how Saudis feel about MBS and the Khashoggi situation, do people tend to believe the government or international news?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Is Suadi a safe place to travel and do they have any western establishments?

Oh and what's your favorite music ?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
How long until you buy Manchester United and what do you think of the term sportswashing?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does the average Saudi feel about the US-Saudi alliance? For example, if Bernie Sanders becomes president, it's highly likely we would be scaling down our support, to say the least.

OP
OP
Storybook

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
Great idea for a thread! Hope you don't mind if some of the questions are about sensitive topics.

I was curious about how Saudis feel about MBS and the Khashoggi situation, do people tend to believe the government or international news?

I hope we recover from this soon. It was a shock for all Saudis. With MBS as crown prince things were looking great. We were advancing rapidly then this incident happened. Most of Saudis are shocked and we feel it dragged us in unwanted territory. We all wished this never happened and we feel the consequences of this event won't disappear anytime soon.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there was one basic thing you'd like people to know about what it's like living in Saudi Arabia, what would it be?

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
So many questions!

What's life like?
What are your work hours?
Any protections in terms of rights in your vocation?
How are minorities really treated? and be honest!
Why do women *have* to cover up?
How are Americans generally viewed?

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
How are general public opinions/views towards outside world like U.S, EU,India, Israel and China?

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I'll bite. What's the attitude of the people around you to the war in Yemen and blockade of Qatar?

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we recover from this soon. It was a shock for all Saudis. With MBS as crown prince things were looking great. We were advancing rapidly then this incident happened. Most of Saudis are shocked and we feel it dragged us in unwanted territory. We all wished this never happened and we feel the consequences of this event won't disappear anytime soon.

Thanks for the answer and sharing your perspective.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Do you know any atheists?

Just how religious is the country actually?

mis it cool for teens to have like, disrespect or apathy for the crowns?

OP
OP
Storybook

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017

Most of Saudis don't care about WWE and I'm one of them. But it was an effort from Entertainment Authorities. Still, there're huge number of Saudis who love WWE. The youth of Saudi are extremely attached to more entertainment events and a lot of them are huge WWE fans. So in my opinion I think WWE hosting events here is good for those fans who just want to see their favorite wrestlers and have fun.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
How common are comedy clubs? I know their illegal but are they common? Also why were they banned?

Jan 3, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Hostility; Account in Junior Phase
When is your country gonna fly planes into my cities buildings after the government-sanctioned threat occurred in 2018 for having the audacity to bring up human rights abuses in your country???

Just want to know so I can be out of the city that day. Thanks.
5b6864ea64dce81c008b4ad8

OP
OP
Storybook

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
Are you okay with women not having equal rights as men in your country?
Well, regarding this subject.. the government is doing extremely good job. Just in the last 4 years Women now have equal pay, drive cars and free not to wear black abayas (modest clothing is still enforced though)

Before, it was illegal for women to work in the same environment with men but now it's legal and women and men are working in the same offices.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, regarding this subject.. the government is doing extremely good job. Just in the last 4 years Women now have equal pay, drive cars and free not to wear black abayas (modest clothing is still enforced though)

Before, it was illegal for women to work in the same environment with men but now it's legal and women and men are working in the same offices.
That's the official line but doesn't seem even remotely true.
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/N...ave-more-rights-than-Westerners-says-princess (Official line)

Saudi women occupy the 107th place in gender pay gap worldwide. They are receiving 56% less salary than their male counterparts. (Data)​

OP
OP
Storybook

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
How many sexual partners would you say is a lot?
Ok, people still having sex outside of marriage but it's a no no to let the public know that you do. Keep it low key and no one will talk.

Men and women are now dating in public. Before they were getting arrested by Religious police but Religious police is no more since 3 years ago.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the reputation of Saudi around the world is .. not good. So many wrong ideas are being spread all over. There's some truth to what's being reported but many many wrong false news are being spread too. I'm proud to be Saudi, it's my home and it's where I was raised (I hope I don't get resented for saying this)

I love the community of Era (as it's multi culture community) so I had this idea to share some answers to you as a Saudi national.

Ask your questions about anything and I'll answer them.
What do you think about the Saudisation rule is as well as the dependent fee applied to expatriates. What's your opinion on injustices faces by ex-pats living there

OP
OP
Storybook

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
Is Suadi a safe place to travel and do they have any western establishments?

Oh and what's your favorite music ?
Saudi Arabia is extremely safe. We love all kind of music. We're hosting music events now with artists from all around the world. Men and women dancing together in concerts and having fun.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
With homosexuality and/or being transgender being prohibited and facing severe punishment, how is progress (if any) looking in this area internally from your perspective?

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I think people need to remember he is a citizen and can't answer for his government.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
what would you say are the "wrong ideas being spread all over" and "wrong false news" about saudi arabia?

Status
Not open for further replies.