• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rey who?

• Reypublic Commando

Votes: 127 17.1%
  • Rey Rey Binks

Votes: 239 32.1%
  • Rey All the Jedi

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Rey Barone

Votes: 43 5.8%
  • Rey Palpatine

Votes: 162 21.8%
  • REEEEEEEEEYYYYY

Votes: 134 18.0%

• Total voters

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
323455.jpg

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
"Rey who?" is also a super contrived line. When else in Star Wars did a character ask someone for their full name or last name?

Oct 30, 2017
"Rey who?" is also a super contrived line. When else in Star Wars did a character ask someone for their full name or last name?

i honestly think this is the dumbest thing about the whole scene! it's just incredibly torturous dialogue.

if they were going to go with that name we should've just had a close-up of her filling out an application form for an apartment or something, would've been much less cringe.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
The Rise of Skywalker is the prime example of why you should never treasure anything.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
when i saw this at the cinema someone loudly shouted 'fuck off' at this line and it was the only entertaining moment of the whole afternoon.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I can't believe that they fucked up this movie so much.
It's a franchise with potential to make billions. What the hell are you doing?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I fucking hated this movie so much. I almost walked out multiple times. When this scene came up I think I was just numb. Just a colossal fuck up and the reason I'm done with SW for a long while. What vapid fucking garbage.

I'll play Survivor tho lol

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Many have done a 180 on the prequals due to nostalgia / Clone Wars propping it up , but the sequel trilogy is beyond saving right? Its just such a waste.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Many have done a 180 on the prequals due to nostalgia / Clone Wars propping it up , but the sequel trilogy is beyond saving right? Its just such a waste.

I actually really like TFA and TLJ, but TROS is so incredibly bad that it makes me want to never revisit the earlier films. It's a lot like how the last season of Game of Thrones completely killed my interest in rewatching earlier seasons.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched The Last Jedi recently, and it's just sad now knowing how much TROS retcons it all. The development Rey had was so dependent on her being from nowhere, and Daisy Ridley sells the shit out of it. I kinda finished watching it and just decided to ignore the whole Rey Palpatine in my head canon. To me she's 'just Rey' which makes the whole trilogy a lot more enjoyable tbh.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stranger: "Rey who?"

Rey: "Rey.... none of your damn business. Why do you need to know my full name?"

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

It's insane that nobody working on this movie understood that this was the setup and payoff that would have worked. The instant I saw this scene I was like "And at the end she'll be just Rey and be happy about it." Nope, JJ and Chris aren't even THAT competent. Astounding.

And that's leaving aside the sudden interest in surnames that never existed before in Star Wars.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I would've been fine if she decided to consider herself a skywalker. But having her be a palpating kid was so fucking bad

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't care how stupid it comes across in Episode X but retcon the hell out of TROS, she isn't a palpatine, she isn't anybody, just Rey and make sure it's clear she isn't a Palpatine or Skywalker, Palps lied, get ghost Ben to say he lied as well and also tag on you don't have to be a Skywalker, you're Rey and Rey believes this herself and it's how she moves on. I will accept nothing else.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I don't care how stupid it comes across in Episode X but retcon the hell out of TROS, she isn't a palpatine, she isn't anybody, just Rey and make sure it's clear she isn't a Palpatine or Skywalker, Palps lied, get ghost Ben to say he lied as well and also tag on you don't have to be a Skywalker, you're Rey and Rey believes this herself and it's how she moves on. I will accept nothing else.

No joke, I'd be fine if they start pulling some multiversal/timeline shit to retcon TROS.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Nothing wrong with her choosing Skywalker as a name. Star Wars fans continue to be embarrassing