• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy a good cry once in a while. I usually look up anime that'll fit this description, but I was wondering if there are any game suggestions that'll do just that.

Edit

Suggested games:
  • Mother 3
  • The Last of Us
  • Undertale and Deltarune
  • Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • 999/VLR
  • Nier
  • Nier Automata
  • Mother 2
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
  • To the Moon
  • Final Fantasy type-0
  • Rime
  • Life is Strange
  • Brothers: A tale of two sons
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Journey
  • The Last Guardian
  • Lisa the Painful/Joyful
  • Night in the Wood
  • Celeste
  • The Missing JJ Macfield
  • Xenoblade 1/2
  • Evil Within 2
  • Gone Home
  • Persona 3 and Persona 4
  • Klonoa
  • Rakuen

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney Trilogy
999/VLR
Nier
Nier Automata
Mother 2/3
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Undertale/Deltarune
To the Moon

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Play Rime. It starts off like a fairly standard adventure but it quickly turns into a very memorable and emotional ride. Once you "get it" it's really intense.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only form of media i've ever cried at is The Iron Giant. Haven't really come close to a video game story that made me tear up, but the closest thing to that would probably be the big twist at the end of Brothers: a Tale of Two Souls.

the actual story isn't too sad. But that ending... bruh.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
A Plague Tale. I'm not even done with the game yet and it's had moments that really got me. Buy it, support Asobo Studio and Focus Home.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nier & Nier Automata
The World Ends With You
These all might leave you depressed for a few weeks but it is worth it. These games show video games can be art.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Indigo Prophecy's story will make you cry.

Also: Night in the Woods. Maybe.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
How the hell has no one mentioned The Last Guardian yet. If you're an animal lover then that game will render you an emotional wreck of endless waterworks.

Edit - I didn't see any mention of TLG prior to hitting the post reply button, honest!

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Lisa the Painful/Joyful
  • Night in the Woods
  • Celeste
  • The Missing JJ Macfield
  • Xenoblade 1/2
  • Evil Within 2

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
To the Moon
Gone Home
Finding Paradise
Life Is Strange
What Remains of Edith Finch
Persona 4
Dreamfall Chapters
Thomas Was Alone, not exactly but close!
Brothers Tale of Two Sons
The Walking Dead

Jan 20, 2019
the only form of media i've ever cried at is The Iron Giant.

I re-watched this as an adult a few months ago and holy cow did I forget how sad it was. I was bawling on the couch at the end.

My most recent cry came from Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna~The Golden Country, but I think there were extra Cry Points (CP) built up after playing through the original XC2, as well.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Kind of a weird pick here but once you get immersed in, and put together, the story in Hotline Miami 2, it's pretty damn tragic and sad. I got really wrapped up in this whole 'universe' and it's possibly one of my favorite videogame stories.

I especially like the Rosa and Richter storyline.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The Last of Us
Undertale
That Dragon, Cancer
To The Moon
The Last Guardian

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Others have already mentioned them, but Life is Strange (all of them) and Night in the Woods would be my first recommendations.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I re-watched this as an adult a few months ago and holy cow did I forget how sad it was. I was bawling on the couch at the end.

My most recent cry came from Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna~The Golden Country, but I think there were extra Cry Points (CP) built up after playing through the original XC2, as well.
Still gotta get around to playing torna... i bought it/it released just a week or so after I beat XC2. It was a great game but that god damn polar bear blade Ursula legit lowkey ruined the game for me. Looking forward to going through torna once I finish up FFX.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the only game i came close or misty eyed was Kentucky Route Zero, the part where you pick lyrics for the song.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
You must guide us to what sort of emotion make you cry. Love, friendship, beauty, drama, death, ...
The problem with list like that, is that you will know that something will happened, and it is the best when you are caught of guard by it. But you ask, so anyway :
  • Journey
  • MGS 3
  • The Last Guardian (espacially if you love pets)
  • The Last Of Us

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
On top of my head:
- MGS4
- Crisis Core FF VII
- Nier Automata
- Persona 3/4
- Utawarerumono Mask of truth