• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
OP, is it possible you could try to get some rest? I know it's probably the last thing on your mind, but it doesn't look like you have another option.

Especially if it's late and anyone you could try to call will be sleeping.

Maybe the doctors can be of more help in the morning.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Reading the thread before replying should be a priority .. jesus.
I did read the thread, thanks for the reply

Dude is handcuffed/being taken to a facility and needs to get a hold of a contact in real life, not on a gaming forum where people are going to question his story and try to find holes in his logic

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I did read the thread, thanks for the reply

Dude is handcuffed and needs to get a hold of a contact in real life, not on a gaming forum

I'm not going to argue in this thread, but you need to read OP's reply again. He has tried to contact the people he can and is asking for some emotional support.

You do not need to post if you don't want to help

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
There is probably soooooo much more to this story. None of this shit is our business to discuss. It won't do any good. Somethings are best handled in real life, by professionals, and not strangers on the internet.

Mods, please lock this thread.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This thread needs to be closed and OP needs to not be on an internet forum.
There is probably soooooo much more to this story. None of this shit is our business to discuss. It won't do any good. Somethings are best handled in real life, by professionals, and not strangers on the internet.

Mods, please lock this thread.
The guy is asking for some support. This would be horrible to go through alone.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
I'm not a mod but either lock or curb the meta 'discussion' about ethics please. It's beyond stupid and petty given the context.

Not a single extra word needs to be added on that.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I really, really hope someone in the hospital knows the OP is suicidal.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a mod but either lock or curb the meta discussion about ethics please. It's beyond stupid and petty given the context.

Some of you people are incredible.

I'm out, OP you can PM me if you need to talk with someone.

This will pass. It might be super hard right now but it will pass.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
The guy is asking for some support. This would be horrible to go through alone.

All we can do is assume and speculate. That does nothing for the OP's situation. Who knows what the actual circumstances are. It's not our place to know or understand. The OP is better off sorting this out with those he knows, people in his immediate vicinity, ideally medical or legal professionals.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
All we can do is assume and speculate. That does nothing for the OP's situation. Who knows what the actual circumstances are. It's not our place to know or understand. The OP is better off sorting this out with those he knows, people in his immediate vicinity, ideally medical or legal professionals.

Or you could give a little emotional support and not do the rest.

I don't want to argue with people ITT, I just don't see the value in playing detective here. This would be hell to go though all alone.

If you have been in hospital you will know sometimes no one is available to speak with.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Eject the sim card from your phone
  2. Use it as a lock-pick on your handcuffs
  3. Throw your phone into the hallway as a distraction
  4. Escape out the window
  5. Track down Solidus Snake
In seriousness, sleep it off as others have said and cool your head off. The current situation really, really sucks, but they can only hold you for a limited amount of time if you don't prompt any further action. What you do after this is a big wide-open thing that I doubt we can help with given the few details you've given us, but for now, the short-term solution is to weather through it for a few hours and get out of there in as agreeable a state as possible.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That sucks OP. I hope you can recover.

If I have learned anything from my older brother and his crazy girlfriends, Do Not Engage with her personally (physical/electronic) anymore as that's just ammunition for her.

Just sleep for now.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/

Well, if you have your phone and have no one to talk to at the moment I highly recommend this chat line. They're great and are totally no judgemental.

Good post.

OP, if you're feeling distressed because you can't speak with someone, please try that link.

Or if you want to rest but can't perhaps ask for something to help you sleep? I'm not sure about cost of these things in the US though...

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
It just concerns me that he says he's suicidal and we have no way of knowing if the hospital staff are aware of this.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
OP, I've been the nurse in a situation like this quite a few times. I'm sorry but it's going to be a long night for you. Get off here and talk privately with those in this thread that have come out as close to you. Get some sleep if you can or at least close your eyes for a bit. Nothing is going to happen for at least the next few hours before psych can see you. Be nice to the nurses that come in, vent to them how you're feeling if you want. Things will improve, alright. They'll get better but you need some rest right now.

OP
OP
A real sad boy
Oct 25, 2017
The hospital knows I'm incredibly suicidal. That's why I'm handcuffed and under guard. Still waiting to hear from my parents.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Hey dude, things will be alright. Sometimes we need to hit rock bottom to pick ourselves back up. Try to rest now, and if you would like to talk, hit me up.

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get through this and one day this will be an amusing story you tell friends after becoming a stronger, better person. Keep living so you can see that day.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The hospital knows I'm incredibly suicidal. That's why I'm handcuffed and under guard. Still waiting to hear from my parents.

I mean it btw, if you need to talk please PM. I've been in hospital while suicidal and it was hard enough while I had contact with my loved ones. I understand how distressing it can be, but it will pass.

Also please read the posts above from djinn and Wag they have some great advice.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
OK. Thank you for posting this, I feel better knowing you're hopefully going to get the help you need.

I've had a long road with depression myself. It seems hard now, but it will get better. Probably doesn't mean much now tho.

Try that chat line, as well as being good listeners they can point you to a lot of good resources in your area.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
OP,
you need time.

don't forget, you are young and time is on your side.

That Ex will become a flash in the past and will be forgotten with time.

The Future is not written, you can re-write it and pave a new path.

Don't give up! Stick close to your parents for a while to recoop.

You'll bounce back

OP
OP
A real sad boy
Oct 25, 2017
My life is legitimately a disaster. Like full stop 200%. There's no way I'm bouncing back from this. There's nowhere for me to go. Can't even get my fucking parents on the phone. Ive given up. I'll be in the hospital however long I need to be until they release me and then I'm killing myself. I cannot do this shit anymore.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
Jesus. Tough break OP. I hope it turns out well. I literally just got into a closed off mental hospital myself for various reasons, but I'm not handcuffed. That seems really serious.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Shark, life sometimes is a fucking disaster and we all feel like giving up from time to time. Going through a break up is always hard, and I think most of us can relate to that. What you need to do is understand that there is more to life than what you've been living right now, you deserve a lot more and you are capable of being happy. One of the hardest lessons I've learned with relationships is that regardless how much you love someone, it won't always work out. It sucks that your ex-girlfriend had an argument, but here's something I hope you understand: it's ok to love someone and walk away, because at least in that moment in time, things aren't working out. I'm certain that even with bad blood, you care about your ex-girlfriend, and she also cares about you, even if it's not working out. Remember that there are people that love you and would be destroyed with you around.

The world is full of wonder, mate. There is SO MUCH that you can do with your life. So much things to look up to. I know it looks bad right now, but trust me, it gets better. No one can give a chance to you other than yourself. Allow yourself to cry, relax, wait for the doctors, allow them to help you and once you are ok, please come back here to tell us of the all wonderful stuff that you will be doing with your life. Who will help me convince Kevin Feige to get the Midnight Sons film going?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Without knowing exactly what's going on, call a relative or friend and maybe also your lawyer dude.

Vinnie20

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Inappropriate Commentary in a Sensitive Thread
Mod Edit: Removed Inappropriate Commentary

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel there's more to this story that were not seeing here or maybe I'm totally naive to the American law system.

Edit: regardless. Hang in there Op, I've been through some tough spots with EX girlfriends and in time you'll be over it, I promise you.

Frunobulax

Apr 10, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Inappropriate Commentary in a Sensitive Thread; Account in Junior Phase
Mod Edit: Removed Inappropriate Commentary

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 40797

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
My life is legitimately a disaster. Like full stop 200%. There's no way I'm bouncing back from this. There's nowhere for me to go. Can't even get my fucking parents on the phone. Ive given up. I'll be in the hospital however long I need to be until they release me and then I'm killing myself. I cannot do this shit anymore.

Please don't do this. You can always recover and find something that brings you joy. Call one of the aforementioned suicide prevention hotlines. Let someone care for you. Please, let someone take care of you, and do not feel ashamed about it.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Hey man, you are in a bad place right now but things can get better. It may not seem like it right now, but this situation could be a very good thing. You need help, let them help you. Be open, be honest, and know you are not alone. Stay strong.

If he's in the process of being transported, his phone either has been taken or will be very shortly.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm being transported to another facility to begin my in patient stay. Still haven't heard from my parents. Or any other family.

Try to use your time as a patient to rest as much as you can.

Speak with professionals openly and honestly.

You can get through this as impossible as it seems right now.

I've been there.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Theres more to this story. I'm pretty sure you cant just tell the police someone is crazy and they arrest you without more cause.
Thia ia 100% true. I have had crazy patients BITE COPS and still not get cuffed. Chances are OP is on a 72 hour hold for suicidal ideation and then will have some legal stuff down the line.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thia ia 100% true. I have had crazy patients BITE COPS and still not get cuffed. Chances are OP is on a 72 hour hold for suicidal ideation and then will have some legal stuff down the line.

I grew up with my mother's boyfriend who physically and mentally abused us while my mother allowed it to happen.

One time when I was old enough, I fought back and got him on the ground. I held my hand above his head showing I could now beat the shit out of him if I wanted to, and told him to remember I didn't and that he could never hurt me again.

He called the police and told them I had beaten him by punching him multiple times in the face and they arrested me on his word because when they arrived I was upset (not angry, or in any way violent, just fucking crying) and he was calm. This is a man who once stamped on my head on Christmas eve in an argument over me leaving a pen on the kitchen table.

Thankfully, even my mother couldn't put up with this and she kicked him out afterwards.

My point is police sometimes do just go on another person's word.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
Hey OP, you've been under a lot of stress and things might seem fubar right now but sleep, give it some time and you'll be okay. You're not thr first person to go through something like this and come out the other end, and you won't be the last. It's amazing how thought processes can change. You'll see. Take it easy.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Can't speak for other hospitals but normally in situations like this you're not supposed to have your phone. Personally I think it's a bad idea for you to be posting on this forum and this thread should be locked if for no other reason than to protect yourself.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
What time is it where you are? Are your parents asleep maybe?

Regardless, getting moved to a facility so quickly is a good thing, OP. Depending on your situation your phone might be confiscated there. In the case that it is here's some quick advice.

Tell them everything. Everything you feel. They will not judge you for feeling suicidal, for feeling that life is worthless right now. It's OK to feel that way right now because honestly you've had a really bad day by the sounds of it.

I've seen people get better. I'm not going to say it's easy or that you'll like the process. But know that the mental health staff advocate for you and your safety. They care about you and want to see you well and leaving the facility in better health.

All the best, OP. You have value and are worth staying alive.