• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I mean personally all sub places are mediocre. It's just bread, deli meat, cheese, and mayo or whatever condiment you put. You can easily make the exact same thing at home.
The kicker is the bread. A lot of places uses varieties of bread that goes bad rather fast. So you need to buy the bread the morning of or night before to have the sandwich for lunch.

MasterCheeze

Oct 29, 2017
I usually go with a Hunter Club, but always make sure you get the hot peppers. Never forget them hot peppers.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Here's two tips:

1. Go anywhere else.
2. If you must eat that trash, then get water instead of soda because each sandwich is a sodium bomb.

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I got an Italian Night😀
Nice. I saw this thread way too late to give a rec but you got what I was gonna suggest. Thats my JJ go-to sandwich, an Italian Night Club on white bread. I really like their white bread; it's the only white bread I'll eat from anywhere. Wheat-only anywhere else.
I just wish I had a Jimmy John's closer than hour's drive. For cold subs (Firehouse is my hot subs place), it's second only to Publix IMO.

OP
OP
Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I saw this thread way too late to give a rec but you got what I was gonna suggest. Thats my JJ go-to sandwich, an Italian Night Club on white bread. I really like their white bread; it's the only white bread I'll eat from anywhere. Wheat-only anywhere else.
I just wish I had a Jimmy John's closer than hour's drive. For cold subs (Firehouse is my hot subs place), it's second only to Publix IMO.
I got it on white, and I have no complaints.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I missed the opportunity to tell you what to order, but Club Lulu add avocado is damn good.

Also, be aware that the owner is a safari hunting dick face, which YMMV but makes me go to JJ pretty rarely.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate JJ, but I don't really like it either.
For me the big chains would go like this:
Jersey MIke's > Firehouse/Which Wich >> JJ > Subway

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean personally all sub places are mediocre. It's just bread, deli meat, cheese, and mayo or whatever condiment you put. You can easily make the exact same thing at home.

Well, the quality of the meat is major. There is an ocean of difference between the middling priced meat you can get from Sysco (or random restaurant supplier) and Boar's Head. Next is how fresh a place keeps their produce. And finally the bread - do they bake it inhouse? Is it any good? If they don't bake their own, do they at least get a few deliveries a day?

For a fast casual place Jimmy John's has better meat than, say, Subway, the bread is decent, and they refresh the produce frequently.

But I sort of agree. I prefer to make my own subs using a bun fresh from the bakery, Boar's Head meat and cheese, and produce I just sliced myself.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this thread was about liquid going to a well known brothel and askin for the italian night club. Its just sandwiches though?

maxpl

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
primo hoagies in jersey/pa/maryland is better than all these places.

dibellas is second.

Last edited:

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
JJ's is delicious. I used to get the vegetarian sandwich with peppers and alfafa sprouts but now I usually get the roast beef. No matter which sandwich I get though, I always get jalapeno chips and a pickle to go with it.

It's good food.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have none of you had Publix subs before? What kind of deprived life are you living where you have to slum for Jimmy Johns and Subway.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I like their sandwiches and they are right by my work and cheap. But I will go out of my way to go to jersey mikes or a local place and pay the more expensive prices cause I refuse to support a ceo who hunts endangered animals. And jersey mikes and my local place is much better (though if I didn't have an issuer with the ceo I'd probably just go to JJ cause they are right on my way home and a helluva lot cheaper).

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Proud of you, OP. Going to get food is a big accomplishment. Too bad Jimmy Johns is trash.

Any local deli > Jersey Mikes > Firehouse Subs > my ass > Jimmy Johns > everyone on Era combining their ass > Subway.

Order is correct. I do subway once like every three years because some wants to go. I'll eat anything. But that shits barely edible.

jersey mikes as long as you go mikes way is great in a pinch

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Have none of you had Publix subs before? What kind of deprived life are you living where you have to slum for Jimmy Johns and Subway.
Having both JJs and Subway is better than the global average. Internationally, you'll probably mostly see Subway. Maybe a Charley's Grilled Subs or a Quiznos here and there. Publix is regional as fuck.