• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have a lot of friends but I feel like I have friends here. I am so grateful for Era. It keeps me sane.

And for all of you who have helped me with all of job-related bullshit, I love you. Thank you so much. I really mean it.

If anyone ever wants to play Dota, Borderlands 3, Gears, anything... hit me up.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Honestly, this thread made me tear up.

I've been going through such terrible shit since April. I'm an hour away from my family, my best friend moved to another state. A 9-year relationship likely just came to an end after months of drama.

And I completely agree with the OP. Some people here have shown me such random kindness lately, at the lowest point of my life.

Thank you.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I've been going through such terrible shit since April. I'm an hour away from my family, my best friend moved to another state. A 9-year relationship likely just came to an end after months of drama.

And I completely agree with the OP. Some people here have shown me such random kindness lately, at the lowest point of my life.

Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear about that. That all sounds really difficult. I'm glad you've felt supported by this community. I hope things start going your way again real soon. Keep your head up, Zeo.

OP
OP
ExhaustedWalrus
Oct 28, 2017

Thank you.
Bro I have your back. Not just saying that while drunk. I'm here for you. Let me know if you wanna talk or play something. I know how it feels

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Cheers man, as someone who has no close friends anymore thank you too!

Better to drink water in between drinks though rather than gulp it down before bed!

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel grateful for Era too.
People laughed with me and cheered me up the other day when I went berserk and shaved my head on a whim after my divorce :p
The place has its issues sometimes but it's full of good people. It's also the place where I can be myself the most when talking about political and/or social issues, without the fear of losing friends (and I've lost some because of that, but fuck I just can't stand people who lack basic empathy anymore).

I think I would be a worse person today if I hadn't browsed the other site for years before we moved here. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and I'm forever grateful.