• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like the main musou games but some of the spins off have interesting takes on the core game play, i especially like DQH1 for its tower defense RPG like style and Fire Emblem where you are require to switch up characters in battle to make use of the rock paper scissors tactics elements.

Zelda (and if i am not wrong, One piece and Gundum) play more like a traditional musou with IP fan services.

I do hope Persona 5 S is more like DQH /FE where they actually changes the core game play.

I am surprised they haven't done Dragon Ball yet.

Xenoverse is what i wanted from a musou like game so i am ok with that.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Nah the most baffling Musou crossover to not happen is Fairy Tail

It's such an easy fit (rocking music, large cast of characters, anime fanservice bullshit) that it's shocking that it hasn't happened.

Honestly, FF has loooooots of characters that's perfect for a Musou game, not to mention SE has made several crossover games with collaborations (World of Final Fantasy, Dissidia with KT, Theatrhythm, Dragon Quest Heroes with KT).

Not to mention there's a lot of crossover Musou games:
- Persona 5 Scramble
- Berserk Musou
- One Piece Musou
- Dragon Quest Heroes
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Hyrule Warriors

DQH isn't a Musou. DQH1 is a weird hack n slash with tower defense elements, while DQH2 is straight up an action RPG

Thinking on it, I am too. I enjoyed Dragon Quest Heroes.

Same as above

(Also as someone recently going through DQH1, I'd really recommend the sequel. It is such a massive improvement in terms of gameplay, though the tower defense elements were removed if you liked that)

Its taking a genre that was already played out on the PS2 and putting a skin of your favorite IP over it and Koei Tecmo are making some cash money on it. I understand it from a business perspective but my god is the genre boring. They could at least try to make the games more challenging so I don't sit there clipping my toe nails and mashing a button at the same time.

Uh all the games have higher difficulties. And all the games, even the PS2 ones, are supposed to be played on higher difficulties because there's usually special content that can only be unlocked by playing on them (like rare weapons, items, etc.)

I'm still wondering what the hell is going on with Dragon Quest Heroes 3. After the release of the second, the producer all but said the third was already in production, and then... Nothing.

KT did help develop Builders 2, so maybe they just figured that was a better investment? DQH2 sold extremely well (iirc, 600k+ copies), so Iunno.

I figured that they wanted to get Builders 2 out of the way first. I really hope a sequel hasn't been cancelled, DQH2 is so, so goddamn close to being an amazing ARPG (they just need to iron out some of the quirks like proficiency. They also need to add a real post-game to the sequel.)

2 was honestly worse than 1 due to the totally aimless endgame, ill-advised multiplayer components, and trophies that require 3 playthroughs to finish.

The postgame definitely sucks (god is it grindy), but DQH2 is better in every other aspect, especially the gameplay. DQH1 is a tedious slog by comparison. All the loading screens and the slow paced battles are driving me nuts.

Oct 27, 2017
While Final Fantasy isn't at the top of my most wished Musou collab, it is and has been a blatantly obvious contender to make.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they made FF Musou instead of Dissidia NT. God, NT was such a horrible game and such a terrible followup for 012. :(

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_mqdoswu3gx1qhf31ao7_500.gif

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I'm certain SE is more protective FF than their other major IPs. That being said the blowback for a poorly received Final Fantasy title could be more detrimental to SEs bottom line than any other IP given how much they've spent developing and marketing their current FF titles. That being said, if done well I would be all over a Final Fantasy muso. Make the moves needlessly flashy, pay homage to the right character fighting styles, and put more effort into the game's level design than previous the average muso and you'd have a huge hit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They're still updating it as well so I can only assume it did considerably better in Japan

Surprisingly, it didn't do that well over there either. It sold slightly more in Japan than it did in the US, but it wasn't a hit by any measure - Square actually announced it was performing below expectations.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Would've likely been a better investment than Dissidia. Enix side proving once again their superiority over Square side SE.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Sure didn't take long for the Musou hate trolls to start crawling into a thread they could have avoided from the title.

Pretty much why i stick mostly to main OT's.

My fave genre that ive spent countless hours in the various titles. Bring to me all of the crossovers i say. Fuck the haters.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Despite not caring about the series it's a spin off on, Hyrule Warriors was the only game of those I actually enjoyed...

A FF one would certainly perk up my interest but I'd be way too worried it'd go the way of FEW and just throw in like characters from 15 + 7 and call it a day

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Despite not caring about the series it's a spin off on, Hyrule Warriors was the only game of those I actually enjoyed...

A FF one would certainly perk up my interest but I'd be way too worried it'd go the way of FEW and just throw in like characters from 15 + 7 and call it a day

FF Musou would probably just import the Dissidia cast straight over, I imagine. Like half the work is already done.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Musou is a style that for me looks good on paper but every time I play I get bored 15 into it
Same. It's pure fan service. Characters and music that I love with boring-ass gameplay. For me, Announcing a franchise I love is getting a musou is like announcing it's getting a mobile game. But I acknowledge some people like them, so I'm happy for them.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
LOTR musou is the only one I really want.

SE had the chance to make FF musou already and they decided to go with Dissidia instead

Oct 27, 2017
They should do:
FF
Star Wars
Berserk 2
Playstation All Stars musou (I want to play as Kratos and Sweet Tooth in a musou damn it. Kat as well.)

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wow you're totally right. It would make total sense too since basically almost all final fantasy characters have a melee weapon of some sort. So many characters to choose from too. I'd totally buy one.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
They should do:
FF
Star Wars
Berserk 2
Playstation All Stars musou (I want to play as Kratos and Sweet Tooth in a musou damn it. Kat as well.)

There is a plethora of properties that could be used. Ive always said a He-Man/She-Ra or Thundercats musou would be awesome. Or how about something based on Arthurian Legend or Robin Hood?

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
They had Final Fantasy: Explorers which I absolutely adored. It was a little more basic than I hoped, but I was hoping a sequel would maybe add some depth. I think that's about as close as they've gotten? I guess it was more of a Monster Hunter/PSO knockoff than Musou.

Oct 27, 2017
There is a plethora of properties that could be used. Ive always said a He-Man/She-Ra or Thundercats musou would be awesome. Or how about something based on Arthurian Legend or Robin Hood?
Damn He Man would be awesome. I would play as Skeletor all day.

They can also do a musou about the crusades too if they wanted a real life setting. Playing as Salah Ad-Din or Richard could be really cool.

Nov 17, 2017
Honestly, I don't want one if they're just going to make Vaan the FF12 rep.

Me every time Vaan reps FF12 in a FF crossover game instead of Ashe:

tumblr_op0f9erq881qe9lpso3_r1_250.gif

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
Same. It's pure fan service. Characters and music that I love with boring-ass gameplay. For me, Announcing a franchise I love is getting a musou is like announcing it's getting a mobile game. But I acknowledge some people like them, so I'm happy for them.

You said exactly what I think , agreed completely

Oct 25, 2017
In a way, we already got a hilariously bad Final Fantasy Musou (Edit: or more like reverse Musou?) in some form a few years ago:

Except that instead of one fella clobbering a thousand enemies, it's a horde of heroes trying to clobber one or more enemies.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Give me a Star Wars Musou first, then we can hit FF. Give Dissidia a little more time to breath as the big console FF spin off.