• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was 34 for you?

• Good

Votes: 163 75.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 54 24.9%

• Total voters

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
That was right around starting my new and current fantastic job and the start of the pandemic, it was quite an interesting year haha. I worked a couple months before moving to working from home.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
It was fine, nothing of note happened that year to be honest. I'm 38 now though so reaching the big 40.

Overall my 30's have been a pretty stable decade for me, and that is good enough for me.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Alright. My birthday is two days before Christmas so I am used to it being not a focused on event. It just happens.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
34 is when I finally took control of my life and doing things for myself and putting myself out there. Things have been great since.

33 sucked and involved a suicide attempt and a psychiatric stay.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
34 was a height of pandemic year for me so it was pretty bad.

That said, outside of that particular year and maybe half of the early pandemic year, my 30's has generally been pretty good.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
It was 14 years ago just as the banking crisis was kicking off and I had just committed to a massive expensive house that required a ton of work whilst balancing raising 4 year old twins. It was a tough time. But I was a lot happier than now.

Oct 31, 2017
30s is a really good time compared to my 20s. Not that I didn't have a mostly happy 20s, but I'm much happier with myself as a person now, I have more freedom in what I can do, and how I respond and process what happens to me is much better than in my 20s. I was already 34 and it was just fine.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, 34... the time just before everything starts falling apart. I remember not having lower back pain! Barely. At least I still have a few non-grey hairs in my beard.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
It was almost a full year after being diagnosed with cancer when I turned 34. Had two major surgeries to remove tumors. Still didn't have my abdominal reconstruction surgery yet (that would happen the following summer). Hopefully when I get my tests done next week and go to the doctor's the following week, I will be considered cured :).

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
30s wern't much different than my 20s, honestly, though when I was growing up I viewed 30-39 as "old" in a way, probably because that was my parents' age during that time. I still felt young/fine in my 30s.

I didn't really start feeling "old" until I hit 45. It's when I finally started noticing my mind and body starting to slip, but so far it's a very gradual decline.

Orzix

Oct 30, 2017
Just turned 35 , 34 was like another year. 35 also. I guess 40 will hit harder.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
My 30s have been really good tbh - hit lots of life and career milestones. Mid 30s I started being really careful with what i ate and how much I drank. I also quit smoking around this time. 30s are a great time to take stock and think about about the next 30.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was good. I went back to school and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

lampeater

Oct 27, 2017
It started pretty well, but then the pandemic kicked in and everything kind of froze. I'm still thawing out years later. I guess it makes it kind of an ok year.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Honestly as soon as I hit my 30s I really stopped caring what my age is. I'm closer to 40 now and I have to stop and think how old I am.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 34 too, it's a solid age. I'm at one of my fittest I've ever been, great family, making good money.

GetLuffy

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 19, 2022
Just turned it this year and my body has been shitty to me so it's forced my hand to start really living like an adult (work out, vitamins, dietary attention, ect.)

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Today is our 2yrold's half birthday. Winter parties during covid is hard, we're celebrating w/ a semi fancy restaurant dinner.

I'll be 40 end of this month. I started my 30s doing a 600k bike ride and getting the fuck away from friends that'd pull me in to drinking parties and such for the occasion, not sure what I'm doing for the 40th though I'd love a few days to work on the damn yard in peace.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I turned 34 in 2016, so I mean, it could have been better.

The last few years of my 30s were filled with a cavalcade of personal & professional issues. It was terrible, but my 30s overall still kicked the absolute shit out of my 20s.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I had a braindead job at the time that I dreaded to go to everyday, so 34 was not great for me.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
88 represent!!! Turning 34 in 28 days! Feels great health wise. Ppl still id me at the bar/restaurant so thats good. Gonna focus on doing more outdoor stuff this year

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to sound like a cliche but I didn't notice a real change until I turned 40. I have the aches and pains now. What I would give to be in my 30's again. I cant drink like I use to. The hangovers are just brutal if I ever let it get that far. Pizza gives me heartburn.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still two years off, but I'm 33 in seven days.

So far everything's good. Just gotta lose more weight.

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, happy birthday! Can't say anything about 34 as I just turned 30 today, i feel no different, don't know if that's good or bad.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
I can't remember a ton of specifics, but it was a good birthday. My parents were still living at their house, so we had a pool party.

The worst thing about that year was Hurricane Sandy, where we didn't have power for 11 days. I didn't work for almost a month because we were so devastated here at the Jersey Shore. That was a great ski year though, with a ton of powder days.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Fantastic!! I made some life changing decisions at 29 that paid off at 33-34. It was one of my best years and they keep getting better.

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Turned 34 in June, feels good. Uncertain about where my life is going but health wise I'm good, hairline intact and I don't look my age so I'll take it.

Well yeah, you look great!

latest