• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 9, 2020
Calling it now, I think at the end it's the fortune teller. Probably tricked the King into digging up the guardians so they could be used against Hyrule by Ganon.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
- Kohga (similar to BotW incarnation)
- new Yiga clan villain (more fit than Kohga, more serious lol)
- woman(?) at the end

I'm happy they're making intelligent villains!

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Person at the end, with his/her Gerudo cape and Ganondorf-esque forehead jewel, has to play into the plot of BOTW 2, right?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Also it's not gonna be Vaati or Yuga when they specifically separated BotW from all the timeline shenanigans

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to kill this guy to death so badly

Good to see they're going to be substantially fleshed out here

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The one at the end has a Gerudo emblem on his back.

Maybe it's a non-Ganondorf evil male Gerudo.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
So Kohga is pretty much copy/pasted, not surprised but a bit disappointed.

Interesting tease at the end. Instantly thought of Yuga from ALBW, looks like people are also saying it reminds them of Agahnim. Is that a Gerudo symbol on their back? Twinrova? Most likely a new character.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So Kohga is pretty much copy/pasted, not surprised but a bit disappointed.

Interesting tease at the end. Instantly thought of Yuga from ALBW, looks like people are also saying it reminds them of Agahnim. Is that a Gerudo symbol on their back? Twinrova? Most likely a new character.
They also showed a new Yiga villain in addition to Kohga

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new villain at the end there seems like they could be pretty cool addition. Hopefully we can play as the villains like HW1.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
That person at the end....is that...is that the "person" in the BOTW2 trailer? :O

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Also it's not gonna be Vaati or Yuga when they specifically separated BotW from all the timeline shenanigans
They separated BotW from "timeline shenanigans" by referencing all the different games from different timelines though. It wouldn't be that odd if we got more recurring characters.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Speculation:

The new char at the end is Vaati.

Headband thing is eye-shaped. Has red eyeball color and golden / yellow iris, just like Vaati in his true form.
The char's eyes also appear golden / yellow.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
y'all what if that corpse under the castle wasn't Ganon at all??

Damn I love all the little teases they've been doing with this game!! The world-building is looking really cool!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
y'all what if that corpse under the castle wasn't Ganon at all??

Damn I love all the little teases they've been doing with this game!! The world-building is looking really cool!

That would result in a paradox imo. Dorf's Demise reincarnation, so if the mummy under the castle wouldn't be him, why would Calamity-Ganon exist if there is no reincarnation of Demise around?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
They separated BotW from "timeline shenanigans" by referencing all the different from different timelines though. It wouldn't be that odd if we got more recurring characters.
The recurring characters we've gotten have all been the usual suspects that have different incarnations (The triforce three and Impa).

Yuga is a Lorulean citizen who sought the power of Ganon, confined to the time period of ALBW. They'd just as soon make a new name because there won't be any similarities, unless they plan on incorporating a reincarnated Lorule, Hilda and all that. Or worse, time travel shenanigans.

If we're looking for a Gerudo villain who has proven to cross multiple ages, im surprised no one has suggested Twinrova yet.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I mean, its always the problem with prequells, especially so "near" to the base story, but the designs, characters and locations just look to familiar for me (as someone who played BotW a ton of times, i am just ready for new designs, locations and experiences)

Oh, yeah, if its Vati i would be thrilled, since its a new element, and could be used to kickstart the story of BotW 2.

If its just a Yiga member that died back then, but started ganons resurection...then it would be boring, since it would not have repercusions for neither the sequell nor BotW.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I think we will see in this game an actual effort behind-the-scenes to awaken Ganon, rather than be told that he "just woke up," like we were told in BotW.

In that case, I think this character could spearhead that. I'm 50/50 on them being a new character or a new incarnation of Vaati.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Very interesting trailer. Not only is there a mystery character, but we have voice acting for a character who previously didn't have it (besides his grunting, that is).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Guys what if it is Yuga and BotW2 is bringing Lorule back holy shit
After writing my post, I actually did think of that lol. Would be a perfect way to twist up the map, make more dark and fantastical. Lorule's triforce three (Ravio, Hilda and Yuga) probably do reincarnate too in different ways like Hyrule's