• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
damn young impa going all in on ninja shit

they nailed the UI aspects of this hot damn

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
That looked so good! I loved the variety of actions shown. Looks like your move set will be quite expansive. Really loved the animations, especially how fast, cool, and snappy they looked.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Another new character coming tomorrow!

Wonder if it'll be one of the two kings, Purah, Robbie or an original character

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
curious what they'll show off tomorrow. Seems like they're being pretty tight-lipped with this still, as we didn't learn/see much of anything new.

Dec 23, 2017
Never been able to get into these games. I really want to play this one though. Probably going to get it and just have to deal with learning to love these mouso games or whatever you call them.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Will it actually be a new character as in not previously shown, or a look at one of the new characters already announced?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never been able to get into these games. I really want to play this one though. Probably going to get it and just have to deal with learning to love these mouso games or whatever you call them.
This one REALLY seems to be leaning in on the Zelda side if nothing else, even more so the the original Hyrule Warriors.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so now we have a canon Impa moveset thats baller as fuck, Sakurai has NO excuses.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
It is so strange Nintendo does not upload a direct feed of the gameplay. This is their biggest holiday title and people are getting familiar with it looking at stream quality video with Japanese commentary.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
It is so strange Nintendo does not upload a direct feed of the gameplay. This is their biggest holiday title and people are getting familiar with it looking at stream quality video with Japanese commentary.

Most people will just watch the trailers (which are obviously also in English). Sure they'll do some gameplay stuff as time goes on as well

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Will it actually be a new character as in not previously shown, or a look at one of the new characters already announced?
You could have said the same thing today. I'm going full new character. Out of known candidates we have King Rhoam, King Dorephan, Robbie and Purah. Too soon for unlockable villain reveals so this era's Kohga is out. Can't rule out some new original character for either side though

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm lovin this, the level of Nintendo Polish they've put on this compared to HW1 is intense, and I loved HW1.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017

they'll make a trailer of their own with similar early gameplay footage eventually

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I would say please wait for previews. This is like a reverse Japanese situation that western got preview Japan got nothing

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
The level of polish, the beautiful story elements, and fun gameplay on display is great to see, exactly what wanted from this.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno, maybe for my original point, to make it available as soon as the gameplay demo finished...?

I certainly cannot see what you are telling that they'll just put a subtitle on this video where multiple people are talking constantly. But we'll see.
Subtitling isn't that much of a hassle.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Did not tell this due to the hassle. It would be lame and chaotic. At least in my opinion. This is their big holiday title, I am rather sure they could somehow find the way to make a proper English gameplay presentation.
People having a conversation in another language is lame and chaotic?

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Agreed!

It looks more like a Zelda game than HW1 did, tbh.

No boolli Hyrule Warriors 1, pls. That game allows you to bomb some dodongos and poke Gohma in the eye with an arrow, while searching for golden skulltulas.

This one seems to leave the items aside, but makes sense since BoTW did that too in favor of the Sheikah slate. I hope they keep some elements from the series and is not only a Warriors game with Zelda dressing.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
People having a conversation in another language is lame and chaotic?

Putting out a video where 4 people are talking into each other, laughing, screaming on a foreign language, subtitling all 4 of them at the same time as your official English gameplay presentation for the masses of your big holiday title is lame and chaotic, yes.

Again, at least in my opinion. I doubt Nintendo will go this way, they would rather not even upload it then. But again, we'll see who is right here.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
It's not lame when done with both Japanese and English with multiple translators during E3 Treehouse, but it's lame when it's pure Japanese lol

Last time I saw E3 presentation the Japanese speaking developers were using a translator persons (don't know the English word, sorry) and they were constantly translated thought by thought. I don't remember any subtitles.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Putting out a video where 4 people are talking into each other, laughing, screaming on a foreign language, subtitling all 4 of them at the same time as your official English gameplay presentation for the masses of your big holiday title is lame and chaotic, yes.

Again, at least in my opinion. I doubt Nintendo will go this way, they would rather not even upload it then. But again, we'll see who is right here.
This is sounding very xenophobic, my dude.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
This is sounding very xenophobic, my dude.

How is this xenophobic at all? I definitely don't have any issue with Japanese people or Japanese language at all.

I just have never seen Nintendo of America subtitling a Japanese "let's play" video where 4 people are talking parallelly as their official gameplay reveal on their channel and I doubt that this'll be the case. If they'll share anything they'll put in the effort to make it with English GUI and English narration because that is a more convenient way to share the information with your English speaking community.

I am starting to getting offended by how you are constantly twisting what I am saying.

I would advise to end this discussion here, you can have the final words.

Peace.

Last edited:

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
it really doesn''t, it looks exactly like HW1 in those snippets we've seen right now. it just happens to look, visually, exactly the last zelda game, unlike HW at the time it came out.
To be fair, the world design actually looks Zelda like. Which is kind of a big deal. There are little nooks and crannies hidden everywhere on the map.

Not that there weren't nooks and crannies in HW1. But HW1 was just a massive collection of squares. It didn't really look like a believable Zelda world, despite being inspired by real Zelda locations.

AoC really matches that Zelda feel for world design. World Design is a key aspect of Zelda, so it is quite a big deal. And the way the game is presented to you is also extremely important. So like the UI being nearly identical to BotW really matches up.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
No boolli Hyrule Warriors 1, pls. That game allows you to bomb some dodongos and poke Gohma in the eye with an arrow, while searching for golden skulltulas.

This one seems to leave the items aside, but makes sense since BoTW did that too in favor of the Sheikah slate. I hope they keep some elements from the series and is not only a Warriors game with Zelda dressing.
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!

My boi, this is what all true warriors strive for!