• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Ok I'm out of there
1605626796875m.jpg

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm hoping we just get a full story dump in here soon. I'm way too busy with other games to play this... this year even so I just want to see how bat shit insane it is.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I don't understand how they could change the ending when we see the Champions getting defeated IN the trailers.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Well this does confirm time travel will be a major plot point, but I don't think this necessarily means the timeline will change.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we're going full FFVII Remake.

Not sure how I feel about this.
No way. FFVIIR was awful because it did things to acknowledge the original and "this remake" version. It's terrible writing for the sake of being different.

This screenshot doesn't really mean BOTW original game will change. Just kinda saids they cant stop their defeat, but we'll see

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If that is the new villain talking, then I wonder of he is actually evil or if he's seen that something even worse would happen if the calamity is stopped.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
No way. FFVIIR was awful because it did things to acknowledge the original and "this remake" version. It's terrible writing for the sake of being different.

This screenshot doesn't really mean BOTW original game will change. Just kinda saids they cant stop their defeat, but we'll see
FFVIIR is my GOTY, and I wasn't even hyped for it. Amazing game - can't wait for Part 2!

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I am still confident that this will end as it is supposed to, but with a sign of optimism for the future. Like their efforts will put something in motion that helps Link win in the future.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
Is that really Ganon? Looks like what the new villain would look like when corrupted by Calamity.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Storytelling priorities:

Playable Riju >>>>>>>>> coherent story

I don't blame 'em either

R I J U H Y P E

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh god, it's exactly what I feared would happen.

I get that Nintendo wrote the story, but I was hoping for it to stick more closely to what we know about the Great Calamity.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see people saying this but like how the fuck is Riju not memorable, she's so much more detailed and fleshed out than Sidon
Yeah. I get people forgetting Teba though. I completely forgot about him until the leadup to this game. The Vah Medoh quest line could have been better fleshed out to be more like the other three.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I get people forgetting Teba though. I completely forgot about him until the leadup to this game. The Vah Medoh quest line could have been better fleshed out to be more like the other three.
Teba does have one of the coolest Divine Beast boarding sequences tho. Also has an adorable kid you can teach at the flight range.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
this is our fault for expecting a nintendo musou to be coherent in any way

it's just an excuse for a bunch of characters to fight a bunch of guys while looking cool and that's fine

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If they're really going in this direction, I hope this is an excuse to bring back the original Champions in BotW2.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
MASSIVE SPOILERS
The final boss (or at least I think) is
Evil egg guardian filled with malice

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason I remember Sidon the most is because he was the first one I ran into.

The Goron one I can't forget because of that stealth section that sucks. (Tho I forget his name lol)