• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all better brace yourselves for a whacky story. I suspect the future champions will arrive in the past by way of the Baby Guardian's time rifts.

It won't be a proper retelling of the past, but it will be exciting :)
I really hope this isn't the case. I know I'll come around on it, but there was already so much appealing about putting this story on the screen as it was, and that was why I was mainly excited.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I feel ya, but HOLD ONTO YER BUTT, PHENDRIFT

This is the moment Aonuma goes Nomura
I just don't see how it's not gonna be canon when they've said "this is the way to experience the story that happened 100 years ago."

Yeah changes can be made, but I'm expecting the same conclusion or at least alternate endings with one being the canon ending.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
My main things are

1) I want the heartbreaking conclusion because I know it has the potential to be extremely emotionally resonant
2) I want, if not that, the game to at least be canon. I want Nintendo to be bold enough to take that step with a spinoff. Being, if there's time travel shenanigans it's not an excuse to do whatever they want, rather a tie in to BotW2 and the game is actually a pseudo-sequel to BotW.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
[
The director of BOTW most likely had a big influence, he's a big fan of the Sheikah stuff.
Agreed, but Aonuma has to give it the thumbs up for it to go through, he has described his series duties as such before. This will only get as crazy as he lets. And I think he's gonna let it get REAL CRAZY. :-o

But that's OK, because I get to play as Riju!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
[

Agreed, but Aonuma has to give it the thumbs up for it to go through, he has described his series duties as such before. This will only get as crazy as he lets. And I think he's gonna let it get REAL CRAZY. :-o

But that's OK, because I get to play as Riju!
I legit let out a little cheer for you when I saw that Riju was confirmed playable :P

Deleted member 69771

I only need to know if the egg and time travel actually fuck with the story or if they're there just for gameplay purposes. I only want the actual story of the calamity, please.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Ok I'll keep posting stuff but I'm skipping story details
1605625909292m.jpg

1605626026089m.jpg

1605626093412m.jpg

1605626106735m.jpg

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you are right. I dont remember if Cia, Volga, Wizzro and Twi Midna were added as free dlc later or not.
Cia Wizzro and Volga were free DLC, though all their heart containers and weapon upgrades were tied to the first paid DLC. Twili Midna was part of the second paid DLC pack.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
It was 13 in the base game, 16 in the free update, so its already higher!
Nice!
Though do we now this are in the game, or maybe some of them are future dlc?
Im actually surprised them adding so many characters of only one universe from the get a go, when the original game could get from so many old zelda games.

Cia Wizzro and Volga were free DLC, though all their heart containers and weapon upgrades were tied to the first paid DLC. Twili Midna was part of the second paid DLC pack.
Seems i paid for some of the DLC also on the Wiiu version then.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
this game is officially allowed to fuck with the timeline now because that's one damn good ganon design

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ganon looks sick as hell. Both HW games have completely knocked it out of the park when it comes to Ganon/dorf.

Xingularity

Aug 31, 2020
Ok I'll keep posting stuff but I'm skipping story details
1605625909292m.jpg

1605626026089m.jpg

1605626093412m.jpg

1605626106735m.jpg

Also interesting to note that Purah, Robbie and the two new villains have the same amount of mugshots as playable characters. The likes of King Dorephan and Baby Sidon do not have any at all, so I am now confident that those four will be post-launch DLC

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What if the time travel just actually ends up making the timeline straight up worse.
That's kinda what I figured would happen given that the Egg Guardian let some malice follow it back to the past. Originally I was thinking it was like a closed time loop that is the cause of the Great Calamity.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
also things are getting too real i need to get tf outta this thread lmao

Deleted member 69771

Can somebody who's seen the story spoilers confirm/deny the canonicity of this + if there's actually alternate timeline bs

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
That could also be mysterious villain possessed by Calamity Ganon, you can kinda see the something shaped like his amulet on his head on the Ganon design