• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Farming Chapter 1 for Bokoblin Trophies and Wood
Im glad I played the demo as much as I did. I don't think I ever fell under 4.5k bokoblin trophies. The lack of fodder enemies or just well placed groups was one of the souring aspects besides the loss of the tactical side of musou stuff

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Im glad I played the demo as much as I did. I don't think I ever fell under 4.5k bokoblin trophies. The lack of fodder enemies or just well placed groups was one of the souring aspects besides the loss of the tactical side of musou stuff
"+4% damage per 100 KOs? You get 1200 per stage, 2k with some mild effort. Let's put this seal on everything, tripled up!"

Turns out there's only a couple hundred tops on most maps. At least they let you remove seals.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Is the unlockable character you get after four optional boss fights supposed to be this terrible or do I simply not understand how to play them?

I'm getting shredded by Wizzrobes. WIZZROBES

Maybe it's just the character's size makes them hard to move around in that Wizzrobe mission.

Like they are so huge she can barely dodge for shit with that massive hit box and their bodies obscure enemy tells even with the transparency

Edit: then again I just lost with my overleveled link, so maybe I'm just playing really bad this evening

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
Did you guys like the unlockable BotW2 demo after you beat the game?

Pretty wild how the entirety of it was Link traveling to Bikini Bottom to showcase the new diving mechanic.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Is the unlockable character you get after four optional boss fights supposed to be this terrible or do I simply not understand how to play them?

Maybe it's just the character's size makes them hard to move around in that Wizzrobe mission.

Like they are so huge she can barely dodge for shit with that massive hit box and their bodies obscure enemy tells even with the transparency

Edit: then again I just lost with my overleveled link, so maybe I'm just playing really bad this evening

She's for my money the worst character in the game, so yes

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any use for gem stones if all challenges and quests are complete?

I just noticed Dayfah, the Gerudo merchant, will pay more than twice what other venders will for precious stones (amber, opal, topaz, sapphire, etc.) and I just want to offload them all. Doesn't look like any recipes use them, and there's no armour upgrading here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any use for gem stones if all challenges and quests are complete?

I just noticed Dayfah, the Gerudo merchant, will pay more than twice what other venders will for precious stones (amber, opal, topaz, sapphire, etc.) and I just want to offload them all. Doesn't look like any recipes use them, and there's no armour upgrading here.
I'm sure some DLC character or other will need them.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just completed the 2nd main mission of Chapter 6. I got to say this is literally the most badass and powerful Link we have ever seen. I love this game.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Taming the Lynel is my favourite mission so far :) It's hard but fair and it really forces you learn how Lynels behave. Some tips:
  • Your priority is to keep both Lynels on camera. If you can't see one of them, drop anything you're doing and reposition yourself until you can see both again.
  • Learn their movesets and look for opportunities to Flurry Rush: You're invincible during the slow down and at the end it creates a shockwave that will make the other Lynel flinch, even if it's far away.
  • The standard Lynel's 3-hit combo is very easy to Flurry Rush.
  • The roar+AoE explosion is the same for all 3 Lynels, if you manage to learn the timing you'll have a lot of chances to trigger Flurry Rush.
  • I think parrying with a shield is easier and exposes the weakspot gauge for more time, so use Link or Urbosa (I preffer Link for this mission as Urbosa's combos take too long).
  • Try to weaken the first 2 Lynels equally, so that you can kill the second one quickly after the first one dies. This way the Malice Lynel will be a 1VS1, which will feel incredibly easy after having to deal with 2 at the same time. You may even have the special gauge ready at this point, so you can use it to finish off the second Lynel while you deal damage to the Malice one.
  • Don't try to respond to every rune counter chance if that will leave you open to the other Lynel. For example, a lot of times it's best to run and avoid the fireballs while you escape the other Lynel and reposition, just dodge through a fireball to trigger a Flurry Rush or run away from a snowy charge to then use bombs against the second one.
  • If one starts doing the spinning attack, try to steer it towards the other and use stasis when they're close so you can hit both of them at the same time.
  • There's more than enough time, so don't rush it.
  • You can cook food that extends the window for triggering Flurry Rushes.
Good luck!

Thank you!!

I finally got those quests!!

Now though I'm hopelessly stuck on "Invading Terrors", where as Mipha you need to kill 17 Guardians in like...5 mins or something rediculous. I hate it so muchhhhhhhhh because I'll have like, 1.5 Guardians left, but NOPE. Now i'm just grinding grinding grinding.

Ugh fuck this quest lmao

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh...chapter 5, mission 3? I think?

Holy shit HYPE.

I'm so glad I didn't get this spoiled for me.

I knew it was going to be like an alternate universe thing but I also wasn't expecting the future champions to appear in the game either, much less be playable.

I was hyped to see Riju and Teba appear. God that was so cool. Teba also has a much better design than Revali but its a shame his personality is non existent.

Had a good chuckle over "The best sand seal" tagline for Patricia lol

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure some DLC character or other will need them.
That's a good point

Bruh...chapter 5, mission 3? I think?

Holy shit HYPE.

I'm so glad I didn't get this spoiled for me.

I knew it was going to be like an alternate universe thing but I also wasn't expecting the future champions to appear in the game either, much less be playable.

I was hyped to see Riju and Teba appear. God that was so cool. Teba also has a much better design than Revali but its a shame his personality is non existent.

Had a good chuckle over "The best sand seal" tagline for Patricia lol

it was indeed hype

The character select screen having two mystery slots appear just before starting the mission was a real good touch

Also, Teba'a moveset is where his expression lies, especially all his strong attack finishers. He's also the only character to almost call out Revali's attitude

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'll try to post a more detailed take soon, but if my general feeling on the story is "wow, they really should have hired better writers for this," is it really worth doing the
Terrako
missions?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I'm pretty sure they're a joke character.

they literally do not even function properly on some of the indoor maps

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
She's for my money the worst character in the game, so yes

It's not entirely as cut and dry.
A) it's only character that can put on sheik-eque shield
B) One of their combos sucks in ALL enemies, even giant bosses, interrupting all of their actions. It might be possible to stack some attack speed and make them unbeatable, by giving them ability to infinitely stun like the whole room, no matter how many guardians or bosses.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I completed Tebas training mission in under a quarter of the provided time.... coming off the back of two missions that I finished with seconds to spare it felt good lol.

Are y'all grinding in the post game? Im on chapter 6 and haven't had to grind once yet, completing all quests and missions as I go. Maybe that's just because I'm on hard mode?

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That final hair-width trial literally spawning in octorocks right in front of me as I move around sure was fun. God that mission was obnoxious.

It's not entirely as cut and dry.
A) it's only character that can put on sheik-eque shield
B) One of their combos sucks in ALL enemies, even giant bosses, interrupting all of their actions. It might be possible to stack some attack speed and make them unbeatable, by giving them ability to infinitely stun like the whole room, no matter how many guardians or bosses.

They're probably one of the most busted OP characters in the game due to what feels like a giant exploit.

The fairies keep swapping when you do stuff, but blocking or dodging keeps the same one out. Cotera (the blonde fairy) applies a defense debuff with her ZR...that stacks. ZR cancelling lets you spam the attack and basically wipe bosses instantly.

It's pretty boring but hey.

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018
I completed
Tebas
training mission in under a quarter of the provided time.... coming off the back of two missions that I finished with seconds to spare it felt good lol.

Are y'all grinding in the post game? Im on chapter 6 and haven't had to grind once yet, completing all quests and missions as I go. Maybe that's just because I'm on hard mode?
That's a bit of a spoiler man. At least put a spoiler tag in there, please.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Jumping back into this game after a week or so of playing other games, the loop is so satisfying and the combat so addictive. I enjoy all the little side quest flavor texts more than I thought I would after the demo. Technical issues aside, KT and Nintendo have really made an awesome spin-off Zelda game that almost feels like a full 1st party effort. Almost.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you!!

I finally got those quests!!

Now though I'm hopelessly stuck on "Invading Terrors", where as Mipha you need to kill 17 Guardians in like...5 mins or something rediculous. I hate it so muchhhhhhhhh because I'll have like, 1.5 Guardians left, but NOPE. Now i'm just grinding grinding grinding.

Ugh fuck this quest lmao

Ignore the little ones. Go for the big marks. Little ones will follow you.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017

gotta learn what you're doing a bit, the character skill is different depending on which one is out, and one of them has a shield that blocks one hit when you first get them, and two after you do the quest that upgrades their weapon effectiveness or whatever it's called

one of them puts a blue? aura on enemies that's supposed to lower their defense, and it supposedly stacks if you dash cancel the end of the animation and use it again

they've got a strong attack, i think it's XXXXY, that sucks up all the enemies in a radius around them and does huge damage, great for destroying weak points and getting multiple large enemies under control

certainly not the easiest character to use, but they're def not bad

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There isn't much in this world as fun and satisfying as taking
Terrakko
into some of the early game missions with his bonus ability unlocked and just spamming
lasers
while spinning around 360 degrees to just decimate hundreds of enemies in the blink of an eye.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
What are the best missions to farm tier 3 weapons? I've doing Blood Moon stages while using a spear with the "improve quality of found weapons" seal and I'm not really getting much better gear :(

Also, is there a consensus about the best builds for each character or weapon type? I don't want to invest time and rupees only to find out there are better options, especially with so much RGN involved :\

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are the best missions to farm tier 3 weapons? I've doing Blood Moon stages while using a spear with the "improve quality of found weapons" seal and I'm not really getting much better gear :(

Also, is there a consensus about the best builds for each character or weapon type? I don't want to invest time and rupees only to find out there are better options, especially with so much RGN involved :\
I don't know about grind as I've had the same experience as you in that regard: Blood Moons getting the same weapons.

But I can tell you that Revali just needs Midair Attack Damage and thats it.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying this so far but I'm a little disappointed that it very much feels like your selected characters for a mission vs everything else. I liked in HW and FEW more that it felt like there were a lot of generic troops on your side. They didn't do anything useful really but it felt like there was an actual battle going on. It's probably a deliberate choice in this one though. It felt like there was more danger of losing keeps to generic enemies though. There's not a lot to keep me on my toes in this so far.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
To my surprise, I think I'm almost completely done with a musou game.

I just unlocked the final character and a few more missions in the 71-80 range opened up. I need a couple more of those ethereal gems to enhance everyone's character ability. That's it right? Trying to level Zeldas slate for the Korok radar to find missing seeds too.

I am definitely on board for any kind of DLC they can bring to the game, I don't want it to end!

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow

This guide reveals ever more stuff about how this character is not as bad as people say. I didn't even know half of htis stuff and I already was ready to defend this character as "nowhere near as bad as people think". But this guide really should make everyone reconsider their evaluation of this character.

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018

This guide reveals ever more stuff about how this character is not as bad as people say. I didn't even know half of htis stuff and I already was ready to defend this character as "nowhere near as bad as people think". But this guide really should make everyone reconsider their evaluation of this character.

A character that can melt hp and deal insane damage at a distance is broken as shit. I heard that they are considered to be better than expected, but now I think they have the potential to be one of the best characters in the game. Impa has so much compitition.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

Woo, the first guide from Warriors Dojo on this game! ShaneBrained was also recently featured on GameExplain for a more casual discussion on the roster (2/3 videos have released so far).

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but Zelda Universe has an interview with Daruk's voice actor! (Warning, I'm not sure if there are spoilers in the video)

EDIT: Looks like they also have interviews with the VAs of Zelda and Impa

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Took me over 60 hours, but I've 100% completed this game. I rarely do that anymore (though I did just 100% Miles Morales before this, so...).

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've finished all the gameplay challenges and just have some character heart unlocks and Korok seeds left. This is only my third musuo, after the other two Nintendo ones. My verdict is that:

A) this is my game of the year

And

B) it's not as good as Hyrule Warriors 1 in most ways, by a lot, and is a huge disappoinment in that regard. I'm not even sure DLC can fix it because the base game is missing the tactical skeleton needed to make interesting challenges (beat up another Malice Ice Talus, but this time is old Impa, woo).

The challenge isn't managing a battlefield anymore, now it's more of a beat m up, but then for some reason cut the number of enemies down by a ton.

The combat gameplay seems built around flurry rush which had these negative effects: upped the HP and turned everything into sponges (since you could counter any attack and OHKO everything instantly otherwise), and also I the reason so many of the opponents are non-player characters (the player characters don't have as obvious tells on their attacks and are harder to flurry rush, so they stuck to monsters that telegraph more easily).

Using 1:1 BotW maps seems like a misfire too because those areas we're meant to be climbed which you can't here, and BotW was so huge I don't recognize most areas outside of their general aesthetic anyway, so should have been more liberal with reimagining these.

So I'll 100% this and certainly buy DLC, but absolutely would prefer HW3 to be closer to the first than this one.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I also spent a lot of time with the demo. I think I currently have somewhere over 8,600 bokoblin trophies. 😂

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Yeah, I never understood the complaints about this character, even though I'm still learning them. Like, one of their strong attacks immediately brings up weak-point gauges with absolutely no setup, even on bosses. How is this not amazing? lol

And I didn't even know about their slowdown effect. That's actually super busted.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Yeah, I never understood the complaints about this character, even though I'm still learning them. Like, one of their strong attacks immediately brings up weak-point gauges with absolutely no setup, even on bosses. How is this not amazing? lol

And I didn't even know about their slowdown effect. That's actually super busted.
For me, it's about character feel. On paper they may be unbeatable, but if they don't feel good for me to play with, I'm just not interested.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
gotta learn what you're doing a bit, the character skill is different depending on which one is out, and one of them has a shield that blocks one hit when you first get them, and two after you do the quest that upgrades their weapon effectiveness or whatever it's called

one of them puts a blue? aura on enemies that's supposed to lower their defense, and it supposedly stacks if you dash cancel the end of the animation and use it again

they've got a strong attack, i think it's XXXXY, that sucks up all the enemies in a radius around them and does huge damage, great for destroying weak points and getting multiple large enemies under control

certainly not the easiest character to use, but they're def not bad
Ok that YYYYX does seem very beastly indeed

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
In my experience, the best mission for farming high-quality weapons is "Unnatural Disaster," which is the last mission you unlock and has a recommended character level of 80. When you're proficient you can get through it in about 3-5 minutes, depending on character (less if you're willing to spend elemental rods on the two Taluses that start you off)