• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Nintendo-published games don't, is the thing.
it's a Koei Tecmo game though this is different.
My biggest complaint is that this game makes me play as Link too much.

I'm on the ninth mission, and the seventh and eighth both made me use Link for their final bosses, and now in the ninth he's the only playable character

come the fuck on Nintendo, you made so many awesome movesets and made this game to feature all the characters, let me be them instead of bland ass Link who I already played 200 hours of BotW with!
you know nintendo didn't make this :P
Oh finally an OT

I'm glad that this runs better on the lite than the demo did .
been here since Thursday
So is this game canon to BotW or not?
play and find out or read the spoiler thread :)

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Me saying the music is meh... I take it back.

This is an incredible track:

I just did this stage, loved that theme SO much.
I think this OST is MUCH better than BOTW, like what i really wanted from that game (being in a similar style, just with actual melodies during all gameplay). All the figthing themes are much better than the fucking random sounds during fights in the original game.
Even when you walk around you dont need complete silence with a distant melody every now and then, giant overworld games like The Witcher 3 and Oddyssey dont do that and have more memorable osts.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Say whatever you want about the story and belittle musou games all you want they totally did Urbosa justice in this game and I'm so happy with how she plays

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
One champion left to recruit(Urbosa). Impa and Mipha have clicked best for me so far. Definitely curious to see what we wind up getting dlc wise this time after the last game. They've been creative with the new characters so that's fun but I wonder if we'll get a pack of retooled legends from HW1 like Lana and Midna

H2intensity

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just now finished it multiplayer with my son. Oh boy that ending is some shonen anime greatness lol. Its epic. Love it.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
there's a quest that adds one heart to everyone, does anyone know exactly how that works? who is everyone? all the characters i have, or all of the characters in the game?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The corridors in this game are REALLY tight. Its making camera control a real issue. Trying to manage space with Revali usually ends up with the camera lodged between the wall and the enemy, everything near it being drawn to transparency.

I'm torn because I love the slavish devotion to the maps of BOTW, but there's a reason why musou games are so open.

there's a quest that adds one heart to everyone, does anyone know exactly how that works? who is everyone? all the characters i have, or all of the characters in the game?

All in the game

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
This game is an improvement on the original Hyrule Warriors in just about every way, I'm very impressed. Just the minor things like integrating upgrades into the world map is so much more engaging than the dry upgrade menus of the first one.

I'm not too far in but the game seems way more relaxing to play, too. Less timers and "get here and defeat/defend the thing immediately" missions. No stressing about finding and eliminating the skulltulas.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
There are few things more annoying than having your combo broken up by a scrub enemy gently poking you in the ass in a Musou game.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
IF they do DLC (and they will do DLC let's be real), I hope they get a lil balsy, instead of just sticking to botw canon... Basically I want Linkle, is what I am saying

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
When you gathered all the divine beasts:

2c2c355bf9e217f61a46dbc13e650d72a9027fef.gifv

tenor.gif

This is totally happening right
I mean, BOTW Champions are heavily inspired by sentai (or Better, voltron type teams)

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
LOL
The level jump from the 4 champions chapters to the next one is massive

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love this game and love how much more personality link has in this game!
But one thing I don't like are the Devine beasts ... kind of boring and wonky stages

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm really enjoying it, but as someone who normally isn't bothered by pop-in and geometry changes I'm really wondering why they bothered adding bits of grass everywhere if they'd just be in a constant state of popping into and out of existence.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I hope Zelda becomes more fun to play, so far she's really boring. I'm liking all the champions but Link is still my favorite.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think they nailed Kohga's VA lol? Really good at being a funny version of the typical Ganon lackey archetype lol. Has the charm of a comedy cartoon villain

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so good. The combat feels real nice, and the weapon stats and upgrades have me excited to continue.
Are the other Warriors games like this?

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any better uses for the pre-order soup ladle and the Breath of the Wild save-file bonus training sword other than selling them or using them as random fusion material? They seem like worthless uses of inventory space, but since they're both one-of-a-kind items (<--- I'm honestly not even sure that's true) I wanted to check before disposing of them.

Also this game rules. Story disappointments aside, it's a step up from the original Hyrule Warriors in every conceivable way (and I really liked the first one!). Even the lack of adventure mode makes sense when you realize they just folded all of the optional bonus missions into the main map to make BotW's world world feel that much richer.

And the music is unbeleivably good. I'm huge fan of heavy metal, but I found the electric guitar remixes for almost every song in the first HW to be real bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. Plenty of random YouTubers who do way better rock/metal covers of classic video game songs than anything in that game.

But Age of Calamity's soundtrack solves the issue for people who loved BotW's music when they later listened to it on YouTube and were positively shocked to find the OST runtime clocks in at over six hours (!!). Sparse minimalism worked for the narrative themes of BotW, but AoC takes the same mentality for compositions—the melancholy pianos, the gentle strings, the intricate dynamic ranges—but dials up the tempo and removes much of the empty space so you can fully bask in another A+ Zelda soundtrack during every moment of gameplay.

I'm having a ton of fun with my PS5, but at the end of the day it still can't keep me from the unbridled excitement of playing a new, high-quality Zelda game on my favorite system of all time!

I didn't feel that way out of the gate, but things turned around once I flipped the"Judge the game by what it is instead of what you thought it should be" switch. Once I started measuring AoC solely against its gameplay, creativity, polish, and quality of execution across the board, I realized I needed to stop taking this experience for granted. Because despite not technically being a mainline Zelda game, AoC is easily the closest a spinoff has ever gotten to entering that prestigious hall of titans.

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as I turned this on, I realized that the production values were way higher than the first Hyrule Warriors. I look forward to a good time with it.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
the amount of icons that pop up after completing a chapter gives me mild anxiety but actually kinda like doing the side stuff

also
hestu is fun to play (is that a spoiler?)

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Dang. Deleting the save data of the demo after starting the real game made me lose my progress. Not a huge deal, but pretty annoying.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
the amount of icons that pop up after completing a chapter gives me mild anxiety but actually kinda like doing the side stuff

also
hestu is fun to play (is that a spoiler?)
Yeah any character outside of the 7 revealed before launch (Link, Zelda, Impa, the 4 champions) would be considered a spoiler.

And yeah I've seen a screenshot of how full the map is at end game and gosh there is a lot to do

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say I will miss doing the adventure mode map stuff with item cards... Something about that was very satisfying and addictive.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So even if you transfer the demo save to the full game it is labeled as demo save data? That's strange (wasn't like it with e. g. DQXI afair).
This game doesnt have an auto save i think so if you dont manually save after starting the main game with the save data from the demo and you delete the demo... well the rest is self explanatory

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something obvious, or is the health recovery economy in this game absolutely atrociously balanced?

Why are health item uses in general a global thing, rather than balanced on a map-to-map basis? And why are health items so perishingly rare? (Yes, I'm smashing any and all pots and boxes I see.)

e.g. Just now, I tried to do a level 20 zora mission with a level 20 Urbosa, whom I haven't concentrated much on. But I had zero recovery items stocked before said mission (because they are virtually non-existent, lol). Lo and behold, there are none on the map either, so beating 3 commanders at once is pretty unfeasible.

I mean, the health recovery from apples is pretty weak anyway. I don't see why you don't start every mission with at least half uses, if not full. I'm only playing on Hard, but this is my #1 annoyance so far. Haven't ever encountered an issue like this in any other musou, hope I really am missing something.