• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Is there any fan art of BotW Zelda and Link modeled after this

tyler.jpg
Lmao no but there should be!

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Japanese voice acting is so much better. Even if you don't understand what they are saying...

Oof i actually disagree for this one - i find the JP voices grating, I way prefer Purah's EN voice.

Though unless people can competently understand a language i don't get how people can claim one is better than the other (not against you specifically - perhaps you DO speak Japanese and are judging it based on that, but it's just something i notice a lot).

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I dig Robbie's look.

Too bad the game is coming out soon, because reading the hot takes after each character reveal never stops being funny.

Researcher's code...
Salvager's code...
Rex's outfit...

Clearly BotW is actually set in the universe of Xenoblade 2, which spoils the fact that Ganon will be defeated in BotW 2. Way to ruin the surprise Nintendo

Also Rex is short as well, so clearly that's what was so special about him, he's a descendant of Link

Unfortunately for Link the salvager outfit didn't include the grappling hook.

wonder what else could be used from BOTW concept art ?

Link's family?

The Zora King, for example.

Didn't we see him on a trailer already?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... "allies".... I guess they aren't playable?
I really don't think we should be worried about them being playable.

1) Impa is playable but the we haven't gotten a trailer dedicated to her or the fact that she is playable. She was showcased on TGS but nothing more than the general trailer that didn't even showcased her came out of it.

2) Robbie and Purah are confirmed to have fought in the war. Both took their Guidance Stones from the corrupted Hyrule Castle and transported them to Kakariko Village. Also Robbie is told to have fought in Fort Hateno in the artbook. Also this:

s6NYG5K.png

Could be a cute epilogue.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Zelda model is fan-made. There's no Zelda 3D model in BotW, she only appears on pre-rendered cut-scenes. You could use Zelda model with the white dress though.
pre-rendered? i thought the cutscenes were in-engine...

Hetsu, with a leaf spinning top that functions like the Spinner from Twilight Princess & Hyrule Warriors 1

That way he can become the Zelda series' Totoro

9w3bze87uno21.jpg
hetsu not being a playable character would be a travesty

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
It's an edit of the white dress model. The difference in height is still the same.
MiJJPNu.png

Man the power of the art direction and shaders they used is astounding, those models without the intended shaders look extra jank, but amazing in the actual game with all the bells and whistles.

EDIT: I guess the Zelda fan model was for the mods people made where you can use her in emulators?

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
That's a fan made model of Zelda. That should be immediately obvious given how off-model she looks here but even ignoring that, we know it's a fan model because her official model doesn't actually exist in the game data, as she only ever appeared in pre-rendered cutscenes.
The white dress model IS official and that's just an edit of it. The white dress appears in a cutscene that clearly isn't pre-rendered because Link wears whatever outfit you put him in during the cutscene:
oLFSols.png

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Did people playing BOTW not notice Link was a head shorter than like every NPC in the game

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL what is this post?
No game's too big, no game's too small, its planetsmasher... every games a bore.
(At this point either they're so depressed with the state of gaming that they should leave gaming all together for how angry/jade gaming has made them... or its the best troll account of 2020 and i'm stunned i've never realized this till now, i've never seen someone so negative about games throughout a whole ass year, with maybe the exception of genshin impact but then again I havent lurked that thread enough to see negative comments that werent about the poor gacha rate)

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Following the marketing of all the previous HW games, if there's a character specific trailer, those characters are going to be playable.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Did people playing BOTW not notice Link was a head shorter than like every NPC in the game
not even botw, but link is shorter than most every other male in every 3d zelda by almost a foot. And around the same height as the women.

they were talking about him vs zelda in height. link and zelda are usually around the same height in most games.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone in Hyrule American except Zelda, who is fake British? Why have none of her American pals questioned her accent?

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Why is everyone in Hyrule American except Zelda, who is fake British? Why have none of her American pals questioned her accent?
Sociolects are a real thing. It is very common for societies with a class divide to have a language diference between upper and lower class people. In Medieval Europe, there were a bunch of cases where the commoners and nobles spoke completely different languages.

Dec 20, 2017
According to some non-official fan measurements (using in game values), Link is around 150 cm in BotW, so yes, very short. Zelda is about the same, but she looks taller in some shots thanks to perspective.

She also looks taller a lot because Link often is standing in a combat position, with his legs apart, while Zelda usually holds herself upright.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I really don't think we should be worried about them being playable.

1) Impa is playable but the we haven't gotten a trailer dedicated to her or the fact that she is playable. She was showcased on TGS but nothing more than the general trailer that didn't even showcased her came out of it.

2) Robbie and Purah are confirmed to have fought in the war. Both took their Guidance Stones from the corrupted Hyrule Castle and transported them to Kakariko Village. Also Robbie is told to have fought in Fort Hateno in the artbook. Also this:

s6NYG5K.png

Could be a cute epilogue.
Yup, they could be post story unlockables but they're likely playable
Now I want crazy Purah as a boss fight

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Love the designs.
Purah looks like the adult version of the concept art she had for BOTW. Robbie looking just as I expected

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
they just assume it's because she's an aristocrat
Sociolects are a real thing. It is very common for societies with a class divide to have a language diference between upper and lower class people. In Medieval Europe, there were a bunch of cases where the commoners and nobles spoke completely different languages.
It's just the will of the goddess.
Okay, these are three pretty good explanations! Thanks guys!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Impa, Link, and Zelda are quite unimpressed by these two. :P

Also damn, didn't realize Link was that short here.