• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
man all these characters getting voices and Link stuck with awkward grunts and blank stares.

I hope they can pull it off okay.

Other than that - i cannot wait for this game! all of it looks sooooo good.

Apr 9, 2019
Interesting, I prefer the English voices in this particular trailer. Still not convinced of the need to have VO in a Zelda game though.

Also: high-speed flying for Revali would be awesome =) .

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Link is shown throwing a boomerang. In BotW, those counted as single-handed weapons, but I imagine here they will be their own fighting style. Possibly a fourth fighting style for Link? (The three confirmed so far are one-handed, two-handed and pole-arms)

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Link is shown throwing a boomerang. In BotW, those counted as single-handed weapons, but I imagine here they will be their own fighting style. Possibly a fourth fighting style for Link? (The three confirmed so far are one-handed, two-handed and pole-arms)

there is also two handed boomerangs in botw, no?

Zaiven

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 12, 2019
I guess the glider the king gave to Link at the beginning of BotW was Link's glider in the first place, and Rhoam was simply giving it back to him.

Also, Hestu in BotW outright says that no one has been able to see him for 100 years, so clearly something happens at the end of AoC to cause the Koroks to become invisible to most people.

I have a hard time believing you can get a rock to glide with a sailcloth and a bunch of sticks, I've failed the old egg parachute test enough to know that's not possible
You must have never used ancient Sheikah technology. Solves every problem.

Ok so the two previous "Untold Chronicles from 100 Years Past" trailers were released on Tuesdays. Why is this one released on a Monday? Something's happening this week.
I don't think it's wise to look too much into this. If something happens, great. If not, oh well.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
One of the Koroks is shown atop the wooden boardwalks in Gerudo Canyon. The HUD map from the desert mission on Treehouse Live was massive and appeared to include Gerudo Canyon, and this supports that.

We see Link in a mining quarry, either the one outside Castle Town or the one in Akkala.

Also, in the boomerang scene, maybe that town in the background is Goponga Island at Lanayru Wetlands or Deya Village near Lake Hylia?

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Would have never thought a warriors game would get me this hyped up for its release but here we are.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
ezgif-7-85388d26f565oajkv.gif
YES!

Zaiven

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 12, 2019
man all these characters getting voices and Link stuck with awkward grunts and blank stares.

I hope they can pull it off okay.

Other than that - i cannot wait for this game! all of it looks sooooo good.
It should work at least in one sense: it'll make Revali's interactions with Link hilarious. Revali complains in his journal (only available at the end of DLC 2) that every time he tried to talk to Link, Link just stood there and didn't react at all, which is part of the problem Revali had with him. So maybe they can actually use Link's non-responsive in that way.

Foldedpencil

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I have a theory about the identity of the egg character. In BOTW, one of the early shrines is a combat training shrine called Ta'Loh Naeg. The guardian is white for some reason. This is the only combat shrine that does not reset after a blood moon. I think there must be some untold backstory for this guardian that would make it make sense for him to be training you, like the combat spirit in TP. I bet this tidbit was turned over to the team making Calamity Age, and they will flesh out a connection. Thought?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I have a theory about the identity of the egg character. In BOTW, one of the early shrines is a combat training shrine called Ta'Loh Naeg. The guardian is white for some reason. This is the only combat shrine that does not reset after a blood moon. I think there must be some untold backstory for this guardian that would make it make sense for him to be training you, like the combat spirit in TP. I bet this tidbit was turned over to the team making Calamity Age, and they will flesh out a connection. Thought?
Oh wow, you might be onto something there if that's truly the only white Guardian Scout in BotW

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
love that theory!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there's some alt outfits for characters beside Link and Zelda.
In general, it will be neat to see how many unique designs this game offers up that weren't in BotW.

Off the top of my head, the new designs seen so far include:

- Various villages and infrastructure, pre-Calamity
- "Baby Guardian"
- Young Impa
- Young Robbie
- Young Purah
- Magic Moblins
- Khoga's second-in-command
- The mysterious cloaked villain
- New paraglider designs
- Runes manifesting in new ways, i.e. the bomb bot

For the most part, many assets are straight out of BotW, from character models (with new animations, of course) to environmental geometry (modified in places) to the hand-drawn icons for weapons, materials, meals and elixirs.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
It's gonna be hard to juggle my time between this, PS5 launch and Cyberpunk. Is it crazy that I'd say my hype for this game is about the same as the PS5 lol? I can wait a few months to play Cyberpunk tbh, but this I wanna play right on launch

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, you might be onto something there if that's truly the only white Guardian Scout in BotW
What I would like to see:

If you replay BotW with AoC complete save data, it will play a cutscene of this guardian inspecting Link curiously, almost as if it remembers him, shortly before backing away and drawing its weapon, like with Sid in Dark Souls

Last edited:

Foldedpencil

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I was just making fan fiction of why I'd like to see

it's a pseudo reference to a scene from Dark Souls where you can meet a younger version of a character who's a boss battle the DLC, and of you complete the DLC before a that boss fight in the main game, the opening cutscene is different.
Ha, I was going to ask what AoC meant, but I thought I would just look it up myself later. Now I get it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Some scans from Nintendo Dream are dropping and they seem to point to King Rhoam being playable.

Kogha and Hetsu might be playable as well, judging from their art.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
King Rhoam seems to uses two-handed weapons with one hand, btw.

Dude's not going down without a fight.

EDIT: The Nintendo Dream scans do not confirm if Khoga, Rhoam, Purah, Robbie and Hetsu are playable. Only a blurb that was translated says: "It is unclear if those character are playable".

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
King Rhoam seems to uses two-handed weapons with one hand, btw.

Dude's not going down without a fight.

EDIT: The Nintendo Dream scans do not confirm if Khoga, Rhoam, Purah, Robbie and Hetsu are playable. Only a blurb that was translated says: "It is unclear if those character are playable".
Them getting full on character art has me more positive about it but I really hope we get confirmation soon.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping all the new characters in these trailers(Purah, Yiga general, etc) are playable.

They will probably be playable, just not involved much in the story. I think you'll mainly be playing as Link, Zelda, Impa and the Champions for the game's story, and everyone else either gets a secret/extra mission focused on them or they flat out aren't playable in the story.

This game will most likely come with a beefy HW1 style Adventure mode, and that's where these other characters will be playable. I do agree that I'd love confirmation, but that's what I think will be the case.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
People in here hating on Hestu's voice, but I'm super excited personally.
1. It matches his cheery sound bites from BotW. I liked it haha
2. Could indicate a greater emphasis on voicing for the Sequel - this would be a much appreciated addition by me.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
They will probably be playable, just not involved much in the story. I think you'll mainly be playing as Link, Zelda, Impa and the Champions for the game's story, and everyone else either gets a secret/extra mission focused on them or they flat out aren't playable in the story.

This game will most likely come with a beefy HW1 style Adventure mode, and that's where these other characters will be playable. I do agree that I'd love confirmation, but that's what I think will be the case.

I'm also thinking that the characters they're emphasizing in these recent trailers are all playable, but they're not showing any gameplay because they're only going to be usable in extra modes rather than the story (which is what the marketing is currently focused on).

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
90% of the reason why I want to play this so bad is to see the intact towns/areas that are ruins in BotW. Too bad you won't get to explore them.

Who wants to bet someone is going to mod BotW to include these towns?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Didn't TGS seem to imply that there's only one playable character left to reveal?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Rhoam is playable, I want to go around as him saying "...HEY" and also "LINK M'BOY."

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

Holy crap!

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Hyrule Warriors: Legends had a bunch of characters who appeared in the story, but were never playable in it. Only useable in other modes or free play

AoC will likely continue that