• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
An embargo just lifted in Japan and they got to play up to chapter 2.

28.jpg

26.jpg

18.jpg

z_5f9b93efcc617.jpg

y_5f9b93f04cdb8.jpg

z_5f9b93f05fe1e.jpg

More here

www.gamer.ne.jp

「ゼルダ」と「無双」のいいとこどりをした爽快アクションに注目!「ゼルダ無双 厄災の黙示録」インプレッション|ゲーム情報サイト Gamer

コーエーテクモゲームスが2020年11月20日に発売する、Nintendo Switch用ソフト「ゼルダ無双 厄災の黙示録」。本作のプレイインプレッションをお届けします。

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
2 weeks left, I'm so excited for this game and just spending more time with the Champions.
Mipha looks to have some nice combos.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm no zelda scholar but i have a feeling the game having inside of shrines as an environment would lead to some lore inconsistency with botw

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
i'm no zelda scholar but i have a feeling the game having inside of shrines as an environment would lead to some lore inconsistency with botw

If they only have the combat trial ones, these could be used as a character training / weapon training. Look at the screenshot, it only shows Impa as the playable character.

I wouldn't expect them to be story focused.

Though, maybe ... what's if they can pop up within a story map as a bonus objective?

Nov 17, 2017
There's already been a number of those inconsistencies already. The question is if they're doing it just for gameplay fun or they're retconning everything. Or of course, it's just not canon.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Really interested in this, but I may just wait until next year when the Switch Pro launches as I will be playing co-op.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

In the demo they had some levels that were like, "dimensional tears" or some nonsense due to the egg baby arriving, just a gameplay contrivance basically so they can use whatever locations they want for levels.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
somehow, the party can get into shrines
egg guardian is fucking up the timeline lmao

Sokka1707

Oct 28, 2020
I think the Shrine is the Temple they mention on the Website. When you look where its located, it probably has something to do with the Sage Temple Ruins that were there in BOTW.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that red eye with golden iris thing on their head definitely looks like the eye of Vaati.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am really excited to play this, I really enjoyed the demo. Which is saying a lot because I wasn't a big fan of the original Hyrule Warriors but the setting and characters make this game x100 more appealing to me.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Is the campaign expected to last for 10 or so hours like a typical warrior game? Or could they wring out a little more since Nintendo is involved?

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'm no Zelda scholar but I have a feeling the game having inside of shrines as an environment would lead to some lore inconsistency with botw

This has to be a divergent timeline which would make sense from a lore perspective because of time-travel and it gives Koei Tecmo more creative liberties with the gameplay. As far as the story goes, is the Zelda team handling the story or has that privilege been given to Koei Tecmo, too?

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I've played the demo and it's highly possible I didn't pay attention, but why are the champions fighting the Rito and Gerudo? Are they like member of the yiga clan?

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019

I don't think it's a shrine - there's a
"Meditation Chamber"
that has a shrine-like interior

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, the performance seems fine in all of these so hopefully the problems are mostly relegated to the Hyrule Field map

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've played the demo and it's highly possible I didn't pay attention, but why are the champions fighting the Rito and Gerudo? Are they like member of the yiga clan?

I was wondering about that, but there's a level in the demo where Link murders hundreds of Hyrulean soldiers, it's conceivable that these are similar "training exercises."