• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I share the concern of others about this possibly feeling a little light in content, but for me its primarily regarding the roster. I really hope once you beat the story you unlock a bunch of characters that don't make sense to be included. I'm not expecting it to match the original version after all the DLC, that'd be ridiculous, but I do hope it includes more characters than it currently seems it will (and I imagine it will). Give me multiple Links and Zeldas even, go crazy with it. Zelda was one of my favorites in the first game.

I'm also looking forward to the hopeful return of Adventure Mode. Man, that was great.

If they have another Adventure Mode, I think that's we're the pure fan service will come in. They won't be tied to canon and will likely do whatever. If they do DLC (I mean why wouldn't they), they can celebrate Zelda 35 with it.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay here comes my signature Hot Take that shouldn't be a Hot Take but is because Zelda fandom:

GIVE LINK A VOICE

LET THE MAN SPEAK

Like I swear they're talking about a dramatic story and stuff but if they do backbends to try and make a silent protagonist work while everyone around him is fully voiced I swear I--

Zelda team:
HeluSg.gif

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
At the end of the trailer it says next update on 9.26!

We thinking....

direct?👀 or just another update?

we also are due for a Smash character I think

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I had more fun than I anticipated with the first game, but I don't think I'll be getting this if all the old characters are gone. Musou sequels are known for expanding rosters, but this seems to be an exception given the new art style and BOTW-only box art. Personally speaking, going from a massive series-wide roster with the likes of Skull Kid, Tingle, Tetra, and Marin to just BOTW is an unfathomable downgrade.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Well. I was not expecting this. I never played the first one, but I am in. It doesn't seem like this has much to do with the first Hyrule Warriors, does it?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the versions/DLC will be much more logical to figure out, because I completely lost track on what the hell was up with that between season passes, 3DS exclusive characters and transfers, and the Switch version.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
As far as roster: We will likely have:

Sword Link
Sheikah Link

Sheikah Zelda
Magic Zelda

King Rhoam

Daruk(Club)
Mipha(Spear)
Urbosa(Sword)
Revali(Bow)

Impa
Purah

Kass's Teacher
Robby

Probably Some friendly Guardians as well.

On the Evil Side: We Will Likely Have:

Whoever is the Yiga Master at the time
Hinox
Lynel
Stepp Talus
Ganon

That already is a far better roster than FE Warriors at the very least.

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
Nintendo: we are also updating BotW so you can link your HW:AOC endgame save to BotW and receive cosmetic stuff for link

A man can dream...right?

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Okay here comes my signature Hot Take that shouldn't be a Hot Take but is because Zelda fandom:

GIVE LINK A VOICE

LET THE MAN SPEAK

Like I swear they're talking about a dramatic story and stuff but if they do backbends to try and make a silent protagonist work while everyone around him is fully voiced I swear I--

Also, this needs to happen like Ren needed to be fully voiced in Persona 5.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the trailer it says next update on 9.26!

We thinking....

direct?👀 or just another update?

we also are due for a Smash character I think

That'll be at the Tokyo game show digital events probably.

Edit: Yeah
www.nintendolife.com

Tokyo Game Show 2020 Lineup Announced

Featuring Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA's 60th and more

Koei tecmo have a segment on the 26th. This update will no doubt be there.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a really cool idea. I don't know if I'll play it cuz Warriors, but I'm impressed nonetheless.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Look you guys,

Mark my words - Link will speak. If not here, then at least in the Sequel. There is NO good reason for him not to.

In fact years before BoTW I was all about Voice Acting, and everytime I was like "ZELDA GAMES NEED VOICE ACTING IT'S 20XX" guess what Zelda fans reactions were.

Next step is a voiced Link.

I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL Y'ALL AREN'T GONNA KNOCK ME OFF IT NO MATTER HOW HARD Y'ALL TRY

DMPinheiro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
One thing that doesn't make sense if this is a canon entry:

How is Zelda using the Sheikah powers during the Calamity? Zelda didn't unlock her powers until everything was already too late. The Champions were already defeated, Link was on the verge of being hit with a killing blow and out of desperation Zelda actually used her powers.

The trailer only shows her using a rune from the Sheikah Slate. That's different from the Goddess powers Zelda awakens later on.

Oct 25, 2017
Well. I was not expecting this. I never played the first one, but I am in. It doesn't seem like this has much to do with the first Hyrule Warriors, does it?
The first game was a bland non-canonical garbage story. I hope this new one is meaningfully different, and breaks the capture-point structure. Just plop us on sections of the BotW map!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I had more fun than I anticipated with the first game, but I don't think I'll be getting this if all the old characters are gone. Musou sequels are known for expanding rosters, but this seems to be an exception given the new art style and BOTW-only box art. Personally speaking, going from a massive series-wide roster with the likes of Skull Kid, Tingle, Tetra, and Marin to just BOTW is an unfathomable downgrade.
Granted, we don't know what new mechanics and systems might be layered on top here, making the cast potentially deeper from a gameplay perspective. Either way, this is a must-play for me: I love these characters, I love this world, it's a canon prequel, and the fact it's a coherent setting will elevate the stakes and make the battles actually seem meaningful (even if we already know they lose the war).

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Probably won't pick up right away without knowing the extent of DLC....I should probably get further in the first Hyrule Warriors too though I don't have my Wii U near me and all that extra content made me wonder if it's worth getting or waiting for a sale on the definitive edition on Switch.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I share the concern of others about this possibly feeling a little light in content, but for me its primarily regarding the roster. I really hope once you beat the story you unlock a bunch of characters that don't make sense to be included. I'm not expecting it to match the original version after all the DLC, that'd be ridiculous, but I do hope it includes more characters than it currently seems it will (and I imagine it will). Give me multiple Links and Zeldas even, go crazy with it. Zelda was one of my favorites in the first game.

I'm also looking forward to the hopeful return of Adventure Mode. Man, that was great.
I mean obviously we won't get everyone back, but there will be side modes and I expect at least Lana and Linkle as bonus unlockables as they basically act as mascots for this side spinoff series. Then a number of characters(at least 6 fan faves) brought directly over for the side modes
I don't expect everyone. But I'd be greatly surprised if we didn't get a bunch of fan faves as bonus characters for side content. We haven't seen the back of the box and the official site isn't up yet. So we'll see on the 26th perhaps

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
For those who already played other musou games: is there any roaming around / side activities / exploring / side missions in between the fighting phases? Never played a musou game but to me they look like you only fight and go to the next level, and rinse and repeat.

I only played the original Hyrule Warriros but yes, there was a ton of side content that you can do.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
It is so typical to Nintendo/Japan, 30 seconds in and Eiji Aonuma, The Legend himself is bowing before us for playing and enjoying Breath of the Wild, one of the best games of all time...

9IbBVkm.png

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to have a post-credits tease for BotW2

Since it's canon, I'm sure there will be plenty of people digging through it for some kind of clue.

Look you guys,

Mark my words - Link will speak. If not here, then at least in the Sequel. There is NO good reason for him not to.

In fact years before BoTW I was all about Voice Acting, and everytime I was like "ZELDA GAMES NEED VOICE ACTING IT'S 20XX" guess what Zelda fans reactions were.

I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL Y'ALL AREN'T GONNA KNOCK ME OFF IT NO MATTER HOW HARD Y'ALL TRY

It is a good way for satisfying people that wanted a bit more meat on the story and cinematic cutscenes. I loved the BotW story and characters and even I haven't really played these kind of games, the way this seems to be executed makes me willing to give it a try.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Wasn't expecting this. I loved Hyrule Warriors, so I'm definitely in!

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GIVE LINK A VOICE

LET THE MAN SPEAK

DentalAnyAfricanwildcat-small.gif

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the most exciting thing is that we'll get to see young Impa and then wish she was in Smash Bros.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the same but the fact that it's such a focused BotW prequel just means it's going for something entirely different that I'm completely happy with. Even just Link Zelda and the Champions playable would be fine for me.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

GIVE LINK A VOICE

LET THE MAN SPEAK

If there is one thing I would like to remain "as-is" in our digital gaming world...

Its Link not talking.

I like his voice but I dont want him to talk.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
As far as roster: We will likely have:

Sword Link
Sheikah Link

Sheikah Zelda
Magic Zelda

King Rhoam

Daruk(Club)
Mipha(Spear)
Urbosa(Sword)
Revali(Bow)

Impa
Purah

Kass's Teacher
Robby

Probably Some friendly Guardians as well.

On the Evil Side: We Will Likely Have:

Whoever is the Yiga Master at the time
Hinox
Lynel
Stepp Talus
Ganon

That already is a far better roster than FE Warriors at the very least.

They're probably not including any playable villains in this one because of the story. I don't know how they'd even contrive Ganon to be playable when he's a big puff of evil smoke in BotW.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
As someone who spent over 800 hours on Hyrule Warriors, I squealed with surprised delight when I woke up to see this. This came out of nowhere and I love it so much! There were no leaks or rumors of this game of any kind. God I love when this happens.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I am super excited for this. I loved the original Hyrule Warriors, but as someone who loved BoTW story, but felt their just wasn't enough of it, this is exactly what I wanted out of the story. Obviously, the gameplay will differ, but I enjoy the Warriors gameplay in Hyrule Warriors, so again this has me super hyped.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Look you guys,

giphy-downsized-large.gif

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017

GIVE LINK A VOICE

LET THE MAN SPEAK

They literally established that BotW!Link doesn't speak and gave a canon reason for it though? Kinda late to walk back on this one (not that they need to).

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I really wanted to like Hyrule Warriors but it just wasn't for me ultimately. I couldn't be bothered finishing it. But damn it they might have me with this game due to its story being a prequel rather than some random story with a mishmash of characters from various games.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Phew! How unexpected! Can't watch the trailer because I'm at work :(
Any eye-rolling 'this is the Breath of the Wild 2 they were teasing' takes arrived yet?

(Oh and I'm loving this)
Just the "No not a Musou! Guess I'll just watch cutscenes in YouTube" posts. Lol

Remember when some voice actors leaked they'd finished recording for Breath of the Wild 2? I think they were spanish voice actors back in July, on a podcast. I wonder if this was for this game instead, and they got confused / not told what they were actually working on.

Yeah, I was thinking this too.
jEMd7Kh.gif

I mean... yes please?

Yes indeed!

I really enjoyed HW I just didn't care for the Koei Tecmo's OCs or their story and I wanted to see a sequel with playable Champions so this solves both my gripes.