• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
YO WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO

and its set before Breath of the Wild!? am i reading that right?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Zelda using the Sheikah Slate really makes me feel like the theory that she will be a playable character in BotW 2 alongside Link with new abilities might actually be possible

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god we're back again
Brothers, sisters, everybody sing
Gonna bring the Zelda, show you how
Got a Musou for you, better answer now

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
EhZldXgXgAEwNYq

Checkthe weird looking Guardian thing by Link, possibly a Purah or Robbie controlled robot.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
RIP gaming news aggregators. You're going to eat for days apparently

September is the real e3 digital week that we all wanted

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Nope not falling for that again.

I love BOTW and really want to see more of it's world and characters but I just don't think I can stomach another 10-20 hours of mindless repetitive button mashing and watching the same attack animations two billion times. FE/Hyrule/DQ Warriors were such a slog to get to the "good parts".

I'll just watch the cutscenes on YouTube when it's out.
Yeah, that's how I'm feeling.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds?

Last night I was struck with the urge to listen to the Divine Beast themes just to creep myself out, and I thought "This is such a horrible moment because you never see how they die. They should leave it to the imagination."

Aonuma heard me I guess and was like "Aww, you're cute."

But I'm not complaining too much- I GET TO FIGHT WITH URBOSA AND REVALI AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!!!

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
The fact that it's apparently canon may trick me into getting it.

Are these games only eye candy/spectacle -- is there any skill involved?

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Was afraid for a second this game would be the sequel to BotW shown in 2019 hehe. Glad that's not the case. I'm interested, but I'll wait for reviews to see the scope and focus of the game.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm pretty excited since it is canon with breath of the wild but my god out of nowhere this announcement! Buying it alone just to play as Zelda.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Holy shit, I had that idea a few years ago but was thinking that it was too "fan-gamey" to ever happen. lol

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Out of nowhere. Not sure if I'll pick this up since I haven't really played musous before.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
A Seven Samurai/ Rogue One Zelda story is pretty cool. Not the biggest Musou fan but definitely getting this day 1.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Out of nowhere. Loved Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U so I'm super down for this.

Kind of conflicted about the story aspect though. Hope it doesn't negatively impact the story/vibe of BOTW itself
(at least Nintendo's directly involved on the story).

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
This is such an awesome way for us to play with the rest of the Hyrule Champions. These characters were bursting with potential but still underutilized (despite the DLC additions). Looking forward to playing as Urbosa and Revali.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Neato!

As long as I'm not playing a Korok who is HIDING the Korok Seeds around the map.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like Hyrule Warriors all that much, but setting this 100 years before BotW is a really great premise. I just hope it has more diversity than the first game and the level design is more interesting/more complex. Being able to use some of Link's tools from BotW so you can, for example, destroy a metal bridge so enemy reinforcements cannot arrive or you could destroy a dam to flood a battlefield rather than fighting the enemy would be great. Hopefully they include some of that excellent design and environmental interaction which made BotW so special.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
The fact that it's apparently canon may trick me into getting it.

Are these games only eye candy/spectacle -- is there any skill involved?

They're kinda challenging in higher difficulties but I wouldn't say they require that much skill. They are pretty much "cool attack animation goes boom" the game

which I love, but it isn't for everyone

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
hahahah dude if you could see the way my jaw DROPPED

This honestly will tide me over from whining over BoTW2 news for a minute.

Sooooo excited and happy for this. What about you?
I'm day one! I'm not even a huge Warriors fan. I only played FE warriors and got burnt out. But this new Zelda game? Botw engine? Zelda team also giving directions to gameplay, story, lore, world and graphics? I'm definitely getting it lmao.

It's insane how this game didn't get rumoured or leaked.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Yummy. If they can smoothen up the rougher edges of the previous game, this will be great.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
One thing that doesn't make sense if this is a canon entry:

How is Zelda using the Sheikah powers during the Calamity? Zelda didn't unlock her powers until everything was already too late. The Champions were already defeated, Link was on the verge of being hit with a killing blow and out of desperation Zelda actually used her powers.

Kovalxy

Apr 5, 2020
Oh my god, I'm so hyped, and I've enver even palyed BoTW.

I honestly think that a Musou game is actually a REALLY GOOD format to tell BoTW's story. Think about it, this is the story of the destruction of Hyrule and the champions tasked to stop it. The event itself must've been apocalyptic, with waves of enemies and rogue guardians everywhere terrorizing and destroying the country.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, work on XenoWarriors can now begin in earnest.

It looks good. I hope that the characters from the first game will be playable in some bonus mode or something.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I thought Hyrule Warriors was boring as hell. But this actually sounds pretty cool.