• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FFFanatic

Nov 1, 2017
First time in a long time I literally shouted "YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" to a game announcement.
Hyrule Warriors has literally hundreds of hours played on my switch, and its not including the Wii U version.
So excited to see this. And thank God they're keeping co-op

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would question whether Hyrule Warriors was as successful for the brand as you're describing.

It certainly made a profit and sold a lot of units, but anecdotally I talked to two people who bought the game because they were Zelda fans and absolutely hated it. I purchased Hyrule Warriors myself on WiiU and stopped playing after a couple hours because of the repetition and lack of any real skill required. Did this stop me from purchasing more Zelda games? Of course not. But I'm certainly more careful now to make sure that I don't just buy a game featuring IP that I love.

It was successful enough to justify porting it an additional two times, with two season passes worth of content, and now a sequel.

I don't think you can make a serious argument that it damaged the franchise at all.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I haven't even finished all the Adventure Maps in the Definitive Edition, DAMMIT

I don't need another Hyrule Warriors in my life right now. (But I want it! AAAAAAAAAAAH)

I knoooow, haha -- the first game alone's a treasure trove of content. That was a bit of a special case with the 3DS port and the additional year of DLC it spawned, so I wonder how this could possibly hope to top it.

ZabelRock

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little concerned because in the trailer we just saw old assets reused.
Hopefully the game offers many new playable characters and enemy-types which we didn't see in the base breath of the wild game.

Other than that I laughed out loud when I saw the final scene in the trailer where Zelda said "I need to protect everyone".
So cheesy.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice if some of these battles take place at the site of the some of the ruined towns and outposts seen in BOTW.

data

Oct 25, 2017
This came out of nowhere. Wonder if there'll be more shocking announcements soon

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice if some of these battles take place at the site of the some of the ruined towns and outposts seen in BOTW.
It looks like it
EhZl8MqWkAEjNGT

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Based on the screens this Zelda is mostly using tech to attack which is nice :)

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to slay Ganon with slapping accordian jams as Kass.

EDIT: Shit, Kass probably isn't alive. As Kass's mentor!

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I don't know what to think.
I love BotW, so I am kinda excited about the story and characters, but was never interested in "- Warriors" games. Aren't they just mediocre?

3AM

Nov 19, 2017
Nope not falling for that again.

I love BOTW and really want to see more of it's world and characters but I just don't think I can stomach another 10-20 hours of mindless repetitive button mashing and watching the same attack animations two billion times. FE/Hyrule/DQ Warriors were such a slog to get to the "good parts".

I'll just watch the cutscenes on YouTube when it's out.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never thought Nintendo would convince me to buy a musou game. I'm in!

Oct 28, 2017
That type of 'epic battle for Hyrule' was what I originally expected after that famous E3 2004 Zelda reveal for what became later Twilight Princess.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I think that these musou games just damage the IP that they are featuring.

They almost all have unfun, boring, repetitive gameplay that is nothing like the original game that they are a spinoff of. I thought the same for Fire Emblem and Persona 5 and this is certainly going to be the case here.

If anyone's first exposure to Breath of the Wild is through this game, they're going to wonder why the franchise is as popular as it is.
well it did not damage fire emblem three houses. quite the contrary as it was the basis for the game.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I absolutely love the 1st Hyrule warrior game and that's the only DW game I enjoyed...

Day one no question asked.. will get the CE if there is one

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, look. It's playable Zelda. With the Sheikah Slate as a weapon. Just exactly how I said they could make her playable in Smash Bros and it was all "but this Zelda isn't a warrior even though we have Animal Crossing characters in this fucking game".

Give me my playable BOTW Zelda, Sakurai.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, maybe I should finally play Hyrule Warriors. :p

Will likely buy this day one, playable Mipha. <3

Oct 28, 2017
Omg yes! I love Hyrule Warriors, double dipped and racked up probably hundreds of hours of playtime. My gf is playing through BOTW now so this combines our two Zelda passions. For me this is as good a "big holiday game for Switch" as it could possibly get.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I like how so many people are fixated on a playable Urbosa because, well... that's the go to character. That one cutscene of her fighting in the DLC was fucking sick. I hope the devs looked at that scene very closely.

Never played a musou game and opinions seem split, but I see Dynasty Warriors 9 has a free demo on PS4. Going to give that a shot to see if I'd be into this.
DW9 was heavily thrashed by musou fans. I would not use that as a basis to judge whether or not you like the genre.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
EhZjiUAUYAIaoSH

So I guess we can look forward to new info on it around TGS?