• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That's a cool ass use of Warriors to expand the franchise and a good kind of spin-off for Zelda, especially as a 35th anniversary title and not simply just re-releasing older games. I had no interest in the first Zelda or FE Warriors but I def will consider this one.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Judging from the cover it seems like you'll have a Guardian companion.

(that you'll have to tragically murder in cold blood by the end of the game)

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
Thinking here. The whole spanish dub thing we had few months ago are probably for this game, right?

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
And yesterday I thought

"Man I wish I could play a new Hyrule Warriors"

Awwww yeah. Gonna main Urbosa.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I always expected a Hyrule Warriors 2, but this is an absolutely genius idea. An easy Day One purchase.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't finish botw because there was barely a story to speak of, so this sounds right up my alley. Might even convince me to finish botw if it does enough to make me care about that world.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck this looks a thousand times better than the first Hyrule Warriors! Can't wait for gameplay, hope it's a much more polished experience.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
This is the biggest out of left field move in a WHILE, BUT I AM SO HERE FOR IT.

I mean so much stuff gets leaked these days I barely expect anything to be announced before us hearing rumbles of it beforehand.

Never played a Warriors game before but this looks good and what happened during the Great Calamity is one of the biggest gaping holes in Breath of the Wild so i am glad we're getting that story. Aounuma is right about a war like that fitting Warriors gameplay and since the Zelda team was in on this development I expect it to be good.

Also appreciate the update on Breath of the Wild 2, even if they had nothing to show, I appreciate transparency.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'll keep my eye on this. I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, but I lose interest in the Musou games pretty quickly. Canon lore to BotW and being able to play as the champions is definitely pulling me in.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This little egg guy being positioned so prominently with the others is interesting. Are we getting a playable Guardian?

vClBp32.png

Nov 1, 2017
This is more so about BOTW 2 but he said "Regarding the sequel, in order to make the vast world you enjoyed exploring in the original game even more impressive the team is working hard on it's development.". I wonder if that confirms that we're going to be playing through a remixed BOTW1 Hyrule for the world.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I literally thought of you the moment I saw the trailer lmao.

hahahah dude if you could see the way my jaw DROPPED

This honestly will tide me over from whining over BoTW2 news for a minute.

Sooooo excited and happy for this. What about you?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
oh lemme be clear. Playable Sidon is mandatory. I don't care. He has to happen. He is inevitable. The GOAT along with Groose

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Happy people are enjoying this anouncement...but not going to join the hype train/enjoyment on that one.

This year Nintendo mastered both Work from Home and recycling :).

I'm a little tired of Musou games..

Hyrule warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, P5 Scramble...

It feels like a reskinning of Hyrule warriors with the "BOTW" skin which will obviously be a game seller...won't fall for that :(.

But we'll see once review and in-depth details are out, maybe it will be a pleasant surprise, rather than another KOEI TECMO Dynasty warriors reskin.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Holy shit. Yes! A sequel to HW that's also a canonical prequel to BotW? Perfection. It's so obvious, why didn't I think of that.

Feb 5, 2018
holy fuck this like P5 scramble being a sequel to P5, now we get a BoTW prequel BEFORE BoTW 2???

What the hell man this awesome!

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to:

- remixed/rearranged music
- possible re-release of Champions amiibos

Not looking forward to:

- We already know how the story turns out

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Day one. I didn't get into Hyrule Warriors, but I liked Fire Emblem Warriors well enough. And I like that it's a prequel, filling the big gaps in BOTW's story.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Link, Zelda, King, four Champions, their descendants (would make little sense story-wise, but I'm sure they would find some justification to make Sidon playable), Impa (maybe? She's really old here...), Yiga master, Hetsu, a shrine monk, Paya (kind of like how Agatha was playable in the original HW, just because she was a popular character), Ganondorf/human Ganon from the BotW2 teaser trailer maybe?

IMO

Hylians
Link
Zelda
King of Hyrule

Gerudo
Urbosa
Buliara
(Ganondorf unlockable to tie in BotW2?)
Yiga leader

Gorons
Daruk

Rito
Falco

Zora
Mipha
Sidon

Sheikah
Monk Maz Koshia
Young Impa
(Guardian/ Guardian humanoid unlockable?)

Deku
Deku Tree

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It looks so good. Have to wonder about playable characters a bit. Obviously Link/Zelda/Champions, but BotW was a bit barren beside that.

Maybe the new champions as well? Kass? Could Koei Tecmco create new characters in the engine or would that be weird? Playable monks/Impa would be cool too of course. Still, Hyrule Warriors was a fantastic game and this looks better. Graphics so much better, playable champions is a dream, canon lore. It's a title with major potential.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, i was just thinking of hyrule warriors this morning and how i would love another one. Def picking this one up at release.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
YES YES YES OMG

Now this is how you do a "I never even knew I wanted this" title -- I can't believe it's canon!

Question is: who else'll be playable aside from the two leads and the Champions? The King and Impa, probably, but other than them...

VirtuaCider

May 15, 2020
Never played a musou game and opinions seem split, but I see Dynasty Warriors 9 has a free demo on PS4. Going to give that a shot to see if I'd be into this.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO I was just telling my girlfriend about Hyrule Warriors last night and was looking at getting it for the Switch for us to play

She'll be excited about this 'cause she loves BOTW

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Please let Urbosa be fun to play as 🤞
If she's this games Agitha so help me

Never played a musou game and opinions seem split, but I see Dynasty Warriors 9 has a free demo on PS4. Going to give that a shot to see if I'd be into this.
Definitely don't play that one (it sucks) if you are looking to gauge your interest in this game lol

Feb 15, 2019
This could be really neat if they add like a dozen or so original, playable characters to this prequel.

Otherwise it's pretty whatever with the limited amount of characters to pull from because they're focusing only on the BOTW universe.