• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So ... how many characters can this have?

I'm thinking of the four Champions, Link, Zelda, the King, Impa, Fi ...

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This Announcement was like:

raw

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So for characters, we know there's

Link
Zelda
Revali
Mipha
Daruk
Urbosa

After that it gets a lot harder. I guess the King, Impa, and Purah are probably shoo-ins. I imagine there will be a Yiga OC. Maybe Hestu as a joke character. Hopefully guardians, hinox, and lynels for enemy characters

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I'm freaking out over here. This was definitely supposed to be announced in an earlier Direct that got cancelled due to COVID, no way it isn't.

Anyway, I'm a huge Zelda fan and casual Warriors fan, so the first Hyrule Warriors was a dream come true. I'm a little sad they are not carrying forward all the past characters, but if that comes with the trade-off of a more serious and canon story, I'll take it. Watch this have a better story than actual Breath of the Wild.

Dec 23, 2017
Yeah. They got me. Still going through dlc with the wife. We have no choice but to play this. I'm not a warriors game fan though so I guess I have to become one.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
- Co-production between Zelda team & Koei Tecmo
- BotW engine and assets
- Zelda team wrote the story and dialogues

100% in.

Not what I expected from a Hyrule Warriors sequel, yet exactly what (I didn't know) I wanted. The fact that it's BotW art style is going to attract a lot of people. A holiday release will make this game a big hit.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I wonder whether the only playable characters are really going to just be Link, Zelda, and The Four Champions? Seems a bit restricted coming from the last game if that's the case.

I don't think it will be, though. There's no reason the game can't include more non-canon characters to unlock after you finish the story like in the original. I'd wager that we'll get characters like a younger Impa, the King of Hyrule, etc as well; they just haven't been shown yet.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
How is it that the only games I want on Switch are Zelda games?
Breath of the Wild, Breath of the Wild's sequel, and now Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Warriors gameplay is a bit repetitive and samey for me, so I'm not interested, but this looks pretty good tbh.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol why not have paper mario, the two partner showcases, mario and this and make it a general direct? People would loose their shit.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(please be good please be good)

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
They're actually working with the Zelda team too, so with their polish and experience this could take the game up a notch. Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors weren't great, but they were still simple fun and that extra work put in with the Zelda team could elevate it even further. I am pumped!