• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Something of similar value is a funny proposition by the OP as well when he then names Splatoon - when Splatoon 2 is on its way to sell +10m and one of the biggest IPs in Japan.

How many first party Xbox One games sold +10m this generation ?

Nintendo doesn't need Xbox or MS to sell their games.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
It would be nice if more people got to play bayonetta 3. They could put it on gamepass

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
There's literally no reason for them to give them anything and unless you're an Xbox fanboy that takes every exclusive that gets released elsewhere as a personal attack to your honour, it's also worthless to think about.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
They should give them the right to pay a license/storefront fee in order to release games for the switch.

I'm not sure what else is required?

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Sales of those game at a profitable price instead of letting people play them for a £1/$1 with some Gamepass offer

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
This isn't really how it works

Microsoft's plan is to expand Xbox beyond a sole device, you can bet they would be doing it on PlayStation if Sony allowed Xbox Live & other Xbox services to come along with it.

Microsoft gets 70% of every sale much like how any other publisher does and they also get to grow Xbox beyond stationary platforms

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
In two years when the streaming wars are on and next gen has launched, Gamepass will be on Nintendo Switch so you can stream selected third party games (that are otherwise unavailable on Switch), Microsofts first party games and use the offline-downloadable switch ports they did for 9.99/month (NSO required).
In the meantime they'll do ports of their older and/or smaller first party games to grow the library, goodwill and brand awareness (while making some extra money) and port XboxLive to Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
In two years when the streaming wars are on and next gen has launched, Gamepass will be on Nintendo Switch so you can stream selected third party games (that are otherwise unavailable on Switch), Microsofts first party games and use the offline-downloadable switch ports they did for 9.99/month (NSO required).
In the meantime they'll do ports of their older and/or smaller first party games to grow the library, goodwill and brand awareness (while making some extra money) and port XboxLive to Switch.
No it won't lol
Why would Nintendo do this?
Yes more money but they are so weird about stuff like this.
Itll never happen mark my words.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
No it won't lol
Why would Nintendo do this?
Yes more money but they are so weird about stuff like this.
Itll never happen mark my words.
Nintendo will never have it's own streaming service without a partner as they lack the infrastructure. I think that partner might be Microsoft as they compliment each other.
Also, Nintendo would have 30% on the subscription fee when used on switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo will never have it's own streaming service without a partner as they lack the infrastructure. I think that partner might be Microsoft as they compliment each other.
Also, Nintendo would have 30% on the subscription fee when used on switch.
I don't think Nintendo is worried about streaming right now. Also Microsoft will never give a 30% cut to Nintendo. Besides, GamePass on Switch is an error, as take the time that the user would be playing/paying for Switch games to another vendor/manufacturer (in this case, Microsoft). Nintendo knows that GamePass on Switch is about them losing money.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
MS will never get into the Japanese market ... unless streaming destroys physical hardware, and MS can convince Nintendo to join their service instead of Sony's.

Which is just another reason why it's really not a bad idea at all to play the long game here and try to get into Nintendo's good graces. Nintendo is an oddball, stubborn company but they tend to like to work with familiar companies.

Sony's service doesn't exist. There's no such thing, Sony relies on Azure. Gaikai absolutely flopped.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, that's not how it works. If those games came to a Nintendo platform, it would be because Microsoft see the decision as a net positive by itself.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I know this is a hypothetical but the only way Gears and Halo ever come to non-MS platforms is if project xCloud is made available on those non-MS platforms.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
giphy.gif

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that everything has to be "balanced" in regards to ports is pretty bizarre. The act of releasing those games on other platforms brings in revenue, helps developer relations (sign with MS, still release on other platforms) and promotes the Xbox Live toolset on Switch.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Chief in Smash. Or maybe that's just me.

But in all seriousness, I can see them putting Gamepass on the Switch through Xcloud. But maybe that's also more Nintendo gaining without giving much back in the partnership.

Sooo, maybe achievement support through xbox live?

I feel like this thread was made in the hopes that someone would "realistically" say Mario or Zelda or Pokemon or something else top tier.

Realistically, I can see MS pushing for an Xcloud app on the Switch and possible xbox live integration for more games.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I think Microsoft needs Nintendo far more than the other way around. Just getting access to the Switch install base is probably enough for them.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I think the question being asked here isn't really "What Does Nintendo Give Microsoft," because the answer to that is an emphatic, "The same thing they give to every other third party publisher: 70% of sales and some marketing push"

The real question being asked here is something more like, "Rumors suggest that people who own a Switch but not an Xbox might be able to play these previously exclusive games. Will there be reciprocation on behalf of people who own an Xbox and not a Switch?"

The answer is that there almost definitely won't.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I feel like this thread was made in the hopes that someone would "realistically" say Mario or Zelda or Pokemon or something else top tier.
We didn't even need to open a thread, in Microsoft E3 you had people hyped with playing Breath of the Wild on Xbox One X for that stupid rumor of Miyamoto.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
"Nintendo gets MS IP so MS should get Nintendo IP" feels like a fundamental misunderstanding of what both parties get out of this symbiotic relationship. MS does not want or care about getting Nintendo exclusives on Xbox. They just want to push their platform and services to even more customers.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft choosing to publish select games as a third party on another console is a favor now?

... what?

This is them expanding the reach of their properties and software. I think of it as a precursor to a potential/possible Xbox as a service instead of a console.

This is not Microsoft throwing Nintendo a bone. It's good business.

People are delusional lol

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP, I think you covered this in your own post. Nintendo gives Microsoft an additional platform to share their games on in this scenario. That's about as far as things can and will go IMO.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
MS got access to put Xbox Live and their services on Switch which is what they wanted.

I'll take Mario Kart with crossplay though if were throwing out wishes

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
What MS gets is an expansion of their brand and an increased working relationship with Nintendo for future projects.

Nintendo may not say yes, but MS has been very clear that they'll at least ask every hardware manufacturer (phones, PCs, and other consoles) about getting xCloud on their devices. For the Switch, I imagine they'll tailor the pitch by pointing to all the third party games that aren't native to the Switch (and future Nintendo consoles) that can be streamed instead.

Edit:
Nintendo allowing Microsoft to put their future cloud service on Switch would be pretty big.
I see I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
lol 200 posts of people saying the same 3 things: Nothing, 70%, exposure.

I don't think it needs to be said again. I'm pretty sure the OP got the message.