• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Say one day, uncontrollably, you are teleported from one location on the planet to another. Say it's a very public display, one that is easily verifiable that you have actually teleported. For the sake of argument, say you were being interviewed on live television on one channel, and then, blip, in a blink, you are in another location, like say a packed sports stadium. That way people saw you in one location on live TV, then saw you in another, impossible location instantly. In other words, large numbers of people witnessed you teleport, so you know you're not crazy.

Now, say it never happens again in your life. The event was entirely uncontrollable by you, it just happened spontaneously, without warning, and for seemingly no significant reason. There was nothing special about where you teleported. It didn't give you any advantage or anything. It didn't affect your life positively.

Now, you obviously don't know that it will never happen again in your life as you live it. Ultimately, on your death bed years later, you will realize it was a once in a life time event, but until you are ready to die, you always know it could happen again, or wonder why it ever happened in the first place.

How would this affect your life? Would you be able to live a normal life afterwards? Would you be paranoid about it happening again? Would people worship you? Would secret agencies try to kidnap and dissect you? Do you think you'd become a celebrity? Could you return to being "non-special" again after this?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
You enjoy that fat AEW contract.

matt-hardy-teleports.gif

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I guess my view of the universe would change, by nature of my experience I guess I would be more open to some things being possible (that are clearly BS to me now), but I would try and get a scientific explanation for what happened. Because there would have to be one.

I wouldn't like the infamy as a result of people seeing me teleport. I don't mind fame if it's deserved or attention if it's warranted, but this would be an event totally beyond my control - so I'd hope people would leave me alone.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
If it's 100% verifiable to avoid our answers being "I wouldn't believe it happened" what stops government agencies or the military from sticking you in some lab until the day you die?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The life of every individual would suddenly change because we would come to the realization that our basic understanding of the principles of Physics are broken.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
If it's 100% verifiable to avoid our answers being "I wouldn't believe it happened" what stops government agencies or the military from sticking you in some lab until the day you die?

The fact that there is a big chance you would get ported into the middle of the ocean and die.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If this happened it would bring into question do much that we know, and being so central to it I would try to work with others to figure out how and why it happened.

I don't think I could just go back to my ordinary life, nor that I would be allowed to.

Nozem

Oct 27, 2017
I have the power of teleportation! Gimme a million bucks, then you can examine me for a few weeks.

Please don't dissect me

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You would become a human lab rat. Zero possibility you would not be considered a potential threat and zero possibility you are allowed to continue life as you do now. You are now the property of a government

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
If people saw it happen and everyone was in agreement that I teleported? I'd be afraid that secret government agencies would fuck me up for sure.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I'm getting into a space suit then teleporting to the center of the galaxy, and broadcasting back images of whatever is there (ancient alien progenitor race).

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
You'd definitely end up in a government laboratory ASAP. I don't think you'd have much of a life after that.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
If it was public chances are I'd spend the rest of my days in a CIA test lab.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'd be terrified that it happens again and spend the rest of my life in fear. What if it happened again and rather teleporting into a sports stadium, I teleported slap bang into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, or the middle of Congo rainforest. I'd be dead.

Beside being in fear, I'd certainly allow to be tested for a large sum of money (millions) and with written legal agreements that I could not be harmed or held again my will.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I'd write a book on the existence of simulation theory with first-hand experience.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would probably be a prank by some cosmic beings as they laugh at our scientists trying to figure out wtf just happened.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I'd be terrified that it happens again and spend the rest of my life in fear. What if it happened again and rather teleporting into a sports stadium, I teleported slap bang into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, or the middle of Congo rainforest. I'd be dead.

Beside being in fear, I'd certainly allow to be tested for a large sum of money (millions) and with written legal agreements that I could not be harmed or held again my will.
Written agreements, that's cute.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It would just be cool knowing something like that is possible. It would make the world feel a lot smaller.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody thinks that people would start worshiping them as a god or something? Like, even against your will?