• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who should compose the Quake reboot?

• Mick Gordon

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Trent Reznor

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Your mom

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Now obviously Mick Gordon has been Bethesda's go to boy for a while now and he certainly has the chops. But who can say no to the OG returning to one of gaming's most influential franchises? What say you, Era? Papa Gordon or Papa Reznor?

I5TqfpN.jpg
Mick_Gordon_(composer).jpg

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
IIRC id have said in the past that due to the relationship between them and Trent Reznor breaking down (I think they paid a big chunk for some music and then for some reason were not able to use it), they would not be working together again in future.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
quake 1 soundtrack isnt some heavy metal balls to the wall tracklist. all of it besides the first track is weird surreal abstract industrial type stuff. gordon would be completely wrong pick.

Hooker

Oct 28, 2017
Why is this even a question?! Trent all the way.

I love what Mick Gordon has done for Doom, and it would be amazing if he can continue to do that. Quake's Trent's territory.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
quake 1 soundtrack isnt some heavy metal balls to the wall tracklist. all of it besides the first track is weird surreal abstract industrial type stuff. gordon would be completely wrong pick.
Prey soundtrack also isn't some heavy metal balls to the wall tracklist, and is still amazing.

tusk

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
I dunno, Quake 1's style might feel too close to modern Doom. The Strogg vs human military stuff is boring to me but they already have their angry dude slaying occult monsters.

Quake is vaguely lovecraftian and medieval, it's different enough imo - and it's not like anyone would say "no" to more Quake given the choice anyway.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Quake is vaguely lovecraftian and medieval, it's different enough imo - and it's not like anyone would say "no" to more Quake given the choice anyway.
Yeah but Doom is also full of gothic architecture and the difference between demons and lovecraftian monsters isn't that big. Perhaps they could make Quake the RPG it was originally meant to be.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I dunno, Quake 1's style might feel too close to modern Doom. The Strogg vs human military stuff is boring to me but they already have their angry dude slaying occult monsters.

I haven't played Eternal so maybe it bridges the gap more, but I don't think Doom 2016 has much in common with Quake in tone, style or gameplay unless we're just boiling it down to Angry Boy Shoots Monsters.

A reboot that focused on Quake 2 / Strogg stuff would be super disappointing.