• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I liked the game, unfortunately I'm really bad due to its fast pacing, but I'll play a little at launch.
Hyper Scape, the free-to-play, frenetic battle royale, is coming to PS4 and Xbox One starting August 11. Season 1, titled "The First Principle," will introduce new limited-time game modes, a new weapon and hack, new features for Crowncast (Hyper Scape's interactive Twitch extension), and provide insight into the lore and universe of Hyper Scape.

Season 1 adds a new gun, the Dragonfly, and new hack, Magnet, for a total of 11 weapons and 11 hacks, each of which can be fused up to four times into increasingly powerful versions. The First Principle will also introduce new limited-time game modes, a new in-game Melee event (which makes all melee attacks instantly lethal), and both a free and premium 100-tier Battle Pass.

The game's PC Open Beta runs until August 2, and thanks to cross-progression, any items you've unlocked – either through the in-game shop or the current 30-tier Battle Pass – will carry over to the console version when the game officially launches. Thanks to the Crowncast Twitch extension, you can progress your Battle Pass by watching Twitch streams even if you haven't played the game on PC, and you will get any rewards you've earned when you sign in to Hyper Scape on console for the first time. Crowncast itself will see the addition of a new feature in Season 1: The Kudos feature will now allow viewers to react to exciting (POG) moments in chat by using Bits to generate a visual effect that appears in a streamer's game.

As the Open Beta period comes to an end, the development team wishes to thank players (even those who technically haven't played yet) with the opportunity to earn 600 Bitcrowns, Hyper Scape's premium in-game currency. All you have to do between now and the end of the Open Beta on August 2 is play the game or watch a Crowncast-enabled Twitch stream for just one hour.

Hyper Scape is launching free-to-play on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on August 11. Be sure to check out the finals of the Creators Cup on August 14 to watch the best of the best compete for their share of a $50,000 prize pool, and visit our Hyper Scape news hub to stay up to date.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...er-scape-comes-to-consoles-on-august-11?amp=1

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Game is good, and the Twitch extension is pretty nice, allowed me to max out my Open Beta battlepass mostly by watching better players than me during work :p

I suck on PC so Ill probably play mainly on Ps4, should be "slower" with everyone on controller.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot sooner than I anticipated. Very good. I had a lot of fun on PC, it takes some time to get used to but it's so damn fast and acrobatic that I can't not appreciate it. Also I'm happy to leave all the PC cheaters behind by turning off crossplay, lmao.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looking forward to the console release!

It played horrible on pc for me for some reason, stuttering all the time

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I can barely land kills in Hyperscape because your tracking needs to be crazy accurate and the speed of combat is intense, but I've still been having a mostly okay time with it...

Other than the constant connection stutters I get for some reason.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Rise of the multiplayer shooters now, huh? No ones scared of the once big juggernaut that was the call of duty series anymore, i see.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Is this game free to play?

Edit: nevermind. Googled the answer.

Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try it, but I'm a bit worn out when it comes to Battle Royale and none of this game's USPs look that appeal.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this any good? Haven't seen much talk about it.

As someone who's played quite some between the two betas, it's quite the multi-layered answer. In short: yes, it's good. It takes a while to click, because it initially appears like a pretty flawed concept: a flat battle royale where positioning really doesn't matter doesn't sound exciting, but the execution is a lot better once you get the hang of it and realize how much extra mobility and tactical options the hacks offer you. You have moves that allow you to fly over buildings, like 100m into the sky. It's a bit like a battle royale version of Quake Champions, but in many ways more hectic. It's very skill-based and the random events like low gravity, the reveal event (in which everyone's position becomes visibile for a few seconds) or the infinite ammo can turn battles on their head in an instant.

The issue with it is that not only it may not click immediately (it took me at least 5-6 matches to find a rhythm), but trailers like these can't really do it justice because the fun starts when the actual battle royale-esque presentation is pushed away, and you're flying on top of each other in what feels like a superhero fight with guns, especially if it's 3v3 battles. Smashing into the ground to make an explosion from 50 meters high, sending a homing mine against an enemy that is landing next to you, using the rockets to try and hit a mid-air enemy, jump back and forth between rooftops as you try to cap off the last player of the team, while keeping an eye on the constant danger of respawns which are immediate unlike Apex Legends or Warzone.

The limited interest is disappointing, but then again I watch this trailer and I'm not being told why I should play this as opposed to Apex Legends. I know why I should play it because I played the beta and I understand it's far more than you see in here. But they have an uphill battle to prove it, as once the Twitch beta codes and rewards stopped and everyone got to the end of the pass, the numbers kinda fell down, with very few interesting streamers still on it. Maybe the console release with cross-play and cross-progression will help.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
They missed the mark bringing this to console so late. The hype for this game is gone. The PC version isn't popular anymore, all of the big streamers have left, and I mean all of them, it has like 1k viewers on twitch, everyone went back to Apex or whatever else they're playing.

I'm a console player but I did install the game on my PC and it seemed, just okay. Yes, it has a lot of mobility options, but it lacks mechanical depth compared to a game like Apex legends, positioning doesn't matter, weapons rely on tracking and nothing else, recoil control isn't a big factor, magazine management, not a big factor, it's just a matter of tracking. Whoever can track their opponent better, wins the gunfight. Something like Apex has so much more to its gameplay, that it just feels more interesting in the long-term than a game like Hyperscape.

Streamers also presented this game disingenuously to players. A lot of folks were paid to play it, and they didn't disclose that fact when providing their impressions. One week later, they dropped the game entirely.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
They missed the mark bringing this to console so late. The hype for this game is gone. The PC version isn't popular anymore, all of the big streamers have left, and I mean all of them, it has like 1k viewers on twitch, everyone went back to Apex or whatever else they're playing.

I'm a console player but I did install the game on my PC and it seemed, just okay. Yes, it has a lot of mobility options, but it lacks mechanical depth compared to a game like Apex legends, positioning doesn't matter, weapons rely on tracking and nothing else, recoil control isn't a big factor, magazine management, not a big factor, it's just a matter of tracking. Whoever can track their opponent better, wins the gunfight. Something like Apex has so much more to its gameplay, that it just feels more interesting in the long-term than a game like Hyperscape.

Streamers also presented this game disingenuously to players. A lot of folks were paid to play it, and they didn't disclose that fact when providing their impressions. One week later, they dropped the game entirely.

While I really enjoy the game, I do have to agree with that last statement. Of all the sponsored streamers I watched, only one of them made it clear both within the stream itself and the title (#AD) that it was sponsored content. Twitch really needs to crack down on lack of sponsorship disclosures when it comes to the actual content, brand deals are mostly disclosed.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'll give it a go, but I already play Fortnite, PUBG and Apex Legends. Not sure if I even want to squeeze in another battle royal game. There can only be so many.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Is this any good? Haven't seen much talk about it.

Honestly, it's worth a shot just for the game's enjoyable movement options. It's like playing Tribes Ascend in a more colourful version of Mankind Divided's Prague.

Here are some tips I had to learn myself because the game does a horrible job of teaching you:

• Double jumping without pressing any of WASD, and with the correct timing, gives you a super jump (this is how everyone gets on top of the tower in the loading lobby). Practical uses are limited but it's good tech to know regardless.
  • Whilst using the Slam hack, if you change weapons mid slam you can actually cancel the, uh, slam part of the slam. This is helpful because the slam itself is loud and immobilises you temporarily. If you just want the fast vertical movement, use this tech.
  • Try to keep one hack for damage and one for movement/escape. You can honestly really consistently just get to the top 10 by being sneaky and escaping encounters half of the time. Mine is really good for dealing extra damage and applying pressure in one on ones.
  • Almost every weapon that matters is hitscan. A fully levelled Sniper can one shot basically anyone from any point on the map if they have LOS so keep your head down.
  • Tracking is EVERYTHING in this game, which is why I suck at it.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017

Buy HYPER SCAPE | Xbox

Hyper Scape™ is the one and only urban futuristic free-to-play Battle Royale where 100 contenders engage in first-person close-quarters combat and fast-paced matches to become the next global superstar.

Here it is for Xbox!

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it a lot on PC in beta. I hope it translates well to console. Thats more my speed for shooters anyway. Downloading now.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Aiming on console isn't that great. Or I need to adjust the sensitivity, I never do this in shooters, default options are always fine.

Also I'm getting Battlefield V Firestorm flashbacks while looting people, for some reason. But the game is pretty good so far.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Just working at the moment and excited to play. Can someone provide the cost of the battle pass? I'm going to be playing one Xbox.
There are 2 Battle Pass tiers.
The Premium provides just the Batlepass and you have to go up from level 1, it's 950 Bitcrowns= $10
The ''Hyper'' Battle Pass provides a couple of skins and you starts from level 25, it's 2500 Bitcrowns= $25

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Servers are trashhhhh

how is a AAA F2P not ready for the masses?! Fall guys at least had you playing in the first hour of release 😞

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Dismissing concerns about sexual assualt; History of similar infractions

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This game is actually pretty damn fun. Love the movement and abilities. Hope this takes off.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Just used a credit for the battle pass after doing the tutorial. Then had to go back to work. Really excited to get back on soon. Anyone have any issues with textures loading in the "hub"? I'm on an Xbox one x and it seemed like some textures never loaded on the floor and on the robotic guide.

Oct 29, 2017
Picked it up, but not sure what to make of it so far. Find aiming on XBox to be hard - been playing a good amount of Rogue Company, Apex Legends, and Halo 5... so maybe it's just me, but finding it hard to put reticent on enemy reliably.

Also, the pod launch is a bit weird as each person isn't being materialized, for me at least. I think Im landing somewhere semi-safe, and Ill have 2 people already in a random building. Definitely different in gameplay, and as an older gamer who enjoyed Unreal Tournament and Quake, I haven't been turned off yet, but I definitely need to get under the hood and find some sort of sensitivity setting that feels better than the default (which Im terrible at doing).