• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My elite v1 had all its grips come off, most of the facebuttons get randomly stuck and my left bumper often falls out of its place.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
If Xbox Scarlett wasn't so close I'd be all over this, and I know it's going to be compatible but obviously there are going to be some nice new features that will be missing, so i might as well wait for the eventual Scarlett Elite Controller instead.

Last edited:

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Got in on the Costco $160 deal for the v2.

I skipped the v1 after the early reports of durability issues. I even backlogged some titles specifically to start playing them with the v2.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering how y'all are brutalizing your Elite Controllers, considering the one I got for Christmas in 2015 is still in tip-top shape. The worst I can say about it is the left stick click is mushier than I'd like it.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea the first one had build issues. My first one which I got day one is still going strong. Probably wont get the 2nd one till Scarlett comes out unless ofcourse they bundle it with the console in a SKU :D
Have to say same here. My first one I got Day 1 when it was released is in the same exact shape as when I purchased it.
Then again I am 44 years old and do not play anywhere near as much as I used to, so perhaps that is why.
Truth is I'd be all over this model but I simply do not need it as my original is still absolutely doing the job. Plus the price point is just bonkers. Once it drops in price though I absolutely may consider picking it up.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loved the original, bumpers eventually went after warranty period. Might wait for a future sale to pick it up or when Halo Infinite drops.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Bumper got fucked up on my original. It's still useable but obviously made me a bit wary. Of course the OG elite was made before they redesigned the bumpers so I definitely have higher confidence in the new version.

Will probably pick it up eventually, really looking at Bluetooth as the best new feature.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Love my original to bits but one of the sticks had the rubber break off recently and I can't find a first party replacement anywhere.

Would love to get a V2 but can't justify the price just yet. The Bluetooth is probably going to change that - gonna be great for PC gaming.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
There's enough really good changes here for me to upgrade from my existing Elite controller. However the internal, rechargable battery is a complete deal-breaker.

With my current Elite I never have to worry about batteries because if it dies when I'm using it, I just slot in a couple fresh Eneloops and charge up the dead ones. I don't want to have to worry about making sure that my controller is topped off, or deal with the fact that over time this controller will naturally hold less and less charge until one day it will have to stay plugged in to even work.

Call me an old man for hating the impermanence of lithium ion batteries, but when I have the option of side-stepping that problem by just holding onto my existing Elite, I'm going to take it.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
I am getting one and plan on having it be my default controller for Xbox, PC and Xcloud. Maybe even Stadia if possible.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly dunno how the fuck someone spends 200usd on a controller let alone one with that hideous as fuck dpad.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a longer warranty?

Its $250 aus, which is ludicrous if the warranty is still for one year.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly dunno how the fuck someone spends 200usd on a controller let alone one with that hideous as fuck dpad.
People who want a premium controller spend that kind of money. Why do people spend 1k on a 2080ti? Because it provides the best gaming experience. This controller is another way to further improve that experience. Also, for your information, the controller comes with a traditional d pad as well.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
My Elite V1 broke Friday night, popped into town yesterday and a store had one in stock of the Series 2 so I grabbed it instantly. Didn't seem the cashier had any idea on the release date.

The internal battery and dock is real nice, gave it a pre-charge before use and took about 2 hours and should last 40 hours of use. Has a magnetic backing to place onto the charging dock. Extra trigger adjustments for quicker input has been added, 3 in total. The tensioning on the analog sticks seems good but I didn't like it personally for the game I was playing.

Haven't tried the paddles yet but will soon, didn't use them much on the original due to them being in the way at times but I know this model has improved on that with length and making the magnets better. The replacement sticks no longer come with 2 extra long but only 1. I supposed this is due to the longer one only really being needed for aiming in FPS/TPS titles, kinda got use to it already with left being short with right long.

WarUlWq.jpg

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I just cancelled my preorder.

My Xbox Elite Controller 1 started getting a stuck bumper after ~ 4 months of use, stuck B button after another 2 months. It was unusuable after 7 months. I took it to a Microsoft store, and they told me "sorry, out of warranty. Buy another."

The Xbox Elite Controller 2 has a 90 day warranty. It's ridiculous considering the product is $180.

I didn't get enough use out of the "elite" functions of my Series 1 controller. For a $140 markup, you're really just getting a better feel.

Might pick one up from Best Buy (with the $40 extra warranty) or Costco (which I've heard has generous return policies) but haven't done enough research yet.

Same exact thing happened to me. No way in hell Im getting this. I had to beg Microsoft over 6 phone calls to send me a new one since mine started drifting 5 days after the 90 day warranty.

If you want a good pro controller get a Scuf. Nice Wigg raves about em'.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty hyped. I did have issues with my first one with the grips falling off. They've been good since I've last replaced them (knock on wood) but it is pretty shitty I had to do that... twice.

That said, I freaking love my Elite controllers (I have a black one for use with Xbox One X and a white one I use on the PC when I'm not mouse/keyboarding it up).

I already mostly paid off my Series 2 (like... 17 dollars left) preorder, and I have another preorder as a gift being sent straight to them and I can't wait for them to get it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My series one controller still works really well, so it'll be a while before I get the series two, unless I get it as a gift or something.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got it pre-ordered from Best Buy! If Best Buy warranty wasn't a thing, I probably would've waited to get it on a sale. Specially since I don't know how well this one is built. I'm also not a fan of the internal battery. I'm super hyped about it, I just hope this one is better built than V1.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got it pre ordered. Will probably sell out like previous Elite. It'll replace my v1.

Those of us that see the value of premium controllers? V1 is the greatest controller released, ofcourse I'm there day 1 for V2.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
My series one is in perfect condition so no reason to upgrade. It's my favourite controller of all time though, so should I ever need one I'll gladly make the purchase

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
The first one was terrible. The shoulder buttons broke and the grips peeled off.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting one. Haven't had any issues with my Series 1, one of the best controllers I've ever owned. I've just wanted a second one for a while now, and have been waiting for a revision.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
I could get it for around $70 after applying Microsoft Reward points for the $100 Gift card. Thing is, the Microsoft Store doesn't seem to offer any sort of extended warranty services for the controller, which I would gladly pay an extra $20-$30 for.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, got mine pre-ordered. Looking forward to moving on from my 'Series 1' Elite.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first elite got a stuck A button after being handled with kid gloves, no food or anything.

Holding out for build quality confirmation.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more interested in the version that will be based on the new console's controller. gonna be day 1 on that.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Built in battery is a huge deal breaker for me. Being able to swap out my rechargeable eneloops in my current Xbox One controller is a convenience I can't give up.