• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
As someone who grew up around big dogs, the only thing I find cuter than the huskie scream is the rottie purr.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I have an 11 year old husky and she is amazing. And I agree with OP, they should live somewhere with outdoor space.

Huskies NEED to burn off energy and get mental stimulation.

When I moved out and my GF and I bought a house we didn't have the heart to bring my husky with me as I'd be taking her from my mom's 200+ acre farm to a suburban house (with a solid yard, mind you). Plus I'm pretty sure my dad likes the dog more that me lol.

She literally gets let out in the morning to explore all day and will only ask to come in at night, with a bunch of accompanied walls throughout the day.

Now that I think of it, I think my dog's life is better than mine lol

OP
OP
Chance Hale

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I really love dogs but what I heard earlier wasn't cute at all. It was loud and like someone being tortured with any other bread. It wasn't of course but god

Dog was left home for 4 or 5 hours and just wouldn't stop screaming for a while.

Again tho, this was literally the building across from me that this was happening. So loud

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
These dogs are not supposed to be left alone in apartments, or living in hot climates.

I couldn't cope living next to a non-stop howling dog like this, especially since I'm working at home.

People defending their noisy dogs are like those shitty parents with horrible obnoxious children, selfish assholes.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Never allow me near any dogs, because if one barks near me I will gladly ask for them to repeat themselves

Having heard several of these videos though, I think I know better than to encourage a husky at any point from now on, yeesh...

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
It's always the absolute worst dog owners who end up getting a Husky because they look cool and do fuck all to train them properly or provide them adequate space for them to live in.

Oct 30, 2017
i'd love a husky but in tokyo the closest thing that's practical is a shiba. so that is what we have instead, and thankfully he's super quiet, occasional bloodcurdling scream aside

OP
OP
Chance Hale

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
These dogs are not supposed to be left alone in apartments, or living in hot climates.

I couldn't cope living next to a non-stop howling dog like this, especially since I'm working at home.

People defending their noisy dogs are like those shitty parents with horrible obnoxious children, selfish assholes.
Yeah a lot of apartments in Denver don't have AC(mine 😭) and it's been in the high 80s and mid 90s lately on average.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Oh yeah. It's a unique trait of the breed (although I think I read somewhere that Dobermans do it too?). When Rottweilers are overstimulated, they'll emote in a way that looks an awful lot like they want to eat your face off:

jvDVT5F.gif

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
As long as the owner thinks the animal is cute then they are entitled to make as much noise as possible apparently /s

Signed - someone who lives near a dog that barks constantly

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
My old neighbours bought a single huskie a few months before they moved out. They left it alone for 12 hours a day when they went away from work. The poor thing was crying all day, every day. They barely walked it too. They treated it like a fashion item.

I don't think they should be banned from city living (hell I live in the countryside) but I do think that their owners should be heavily advised that they're pack dogs by nature and hate being alone.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's quite a take. Maybe all of barking dogs then? Too late on that.

I have akita inu and he is so damned quiet. I love him so much, and not just for that of course.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why there should be breed-specific policies. Just about any type of dog can be a gigantic nuisance if their owner is inconsiderate and/or negligent.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
you rarely hear dogs in germany and if you do it's only for a few minutes, and tons of people have dogs. it's all about training and integration in society at a large

www.nytimes.com

What We Can Learn From European Dog Culture (Published 2020)

When I went to Europe, people asked: Is something wrong with American dogs? The answer has more to do with us than our pets.

Why Are European Dogs So Well Behaved? | American Dog Fancier

RECENTLY, I VISITED AMERICAN FRIENDS IN the UK who had moved from Dallas to London’s Kensington South. Since relocating, they had adopted a cat and were considering getting a puppy. However, after reviewing their previous dog experiences, they realized that the dogs they raised had not been...

holidaybarn.com

Difference in Dog Behavior in Europe Compared to the US | Holiday Barn

Is there a difference in behavior between dogs raised in Europe & ones right here in the US? See what our expert trainers have to say!

Oct 25, 2017
I had one for literally a few days,
First night it chewed straight through the carpet and into the floor then howled all night.
I a 200ish lbs 16 or 17 year old at the time got completely pulled to the ground on walks 2 or 3 different times.

Mom found a new home for here asap.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I think a rabbit is the perfect animal. They're quiet and low maintenance, sorta like myself. My rabbit ran the downstairs area, while I ran the upstairs area. The only thing is, they will try to chew everything! One day, he chewed my headset for work so it earned my a day off with pay lol.

I don't have kids yet but how are they around babies? I've heard they're aggressive, is this true? I'd probably still get one because I've been fascinated by them since I was a kid.
Every husky I've had/known is the opposite of aggressive. Like they are known for escaping to find new people to meet. When mine got out and I had to chase her, I'd have to ask random people to call her so I could catch her lol

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I wasn't even aware huskies had a rep for being loud dogs until they appeared all over the internet. I've dog sat for my friend's husky and she was possibly one of the quietest dogs I've ever met!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
You're doing that noise yourself and I won't believe otherwise lol

But perfect example. That's a dog doing something super odd and cute but relatively quietly. These huskies SCREAM

You can clearly hear that the guy is moaning to get the dog to follow suit. What the dog is doing isn't actually uncommon at all. I've been around plenty of dogs that do this, and it's basically them going "Yeah, that's the stuff". It usually happens when you're vocalizing any sound too whether it's talking or groaning/whining so that the dog knows your paying attention to it, and it wants more attention. The last dog that I was around that would do this would start out with a side-eye while lying on the floor, then the tail would start thumping, then the moaning would commence as my hand would get closer.

OP
OP
Chance Hale

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
You can clearly hear that the guy is moaning to get the dog to follow suit. What the dog is doing isn't actually uncommon at all. I've been around plenty of dogs that do this, and it's basically them going "Yeah, that's the stuff". It usually happens when you're vocalizing any sound too whether it's talking or groaning/whining so that the dog knows your paying attention to it, and it wants more attention. The last dog that I was around that would do this would start out with a side-eye while lying on the floor, then the tail would start thumping, then the moaning would commence as my hand would get closer.
I'm super tired and huskies make such odd sounds that I thought that was all the dog 🤣

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much send these Husky screaming videos to my gf on a daily basis because it's absolutely hilarious. But I can imagine it's a whole lot less funny if it happens on a regular basis at your neighbors home, lol.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'd howl with my doggo all the time. It was nice bonding with her. We don't live in the city though and she was a good doggy that didn't bark much unless someone came over that she haven't seen for a while. I miss that doggo so much.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agree. I'd probably extend it to border collies. Brilliant animals, but neither of these breeds can be truly healthy or happy in an urban environment.

Well, not without some insane concessions to the owner's life which will basically never happen.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, l live in a 2 bedroom apartment with my fiancé and our husky on some big hills with a park located right behind our building.

Without a doubt, the worst dogs I've ever had any experience with at our complex are the shitty, yappy little fuck dogs that won't shut up for a single second when out on a walk or on their balcony. Fuck those dogs and fuck their shit owners.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a mouthy husky over a shit-tsu, schnauzers and a fuckin Chihuahuas. Tiny dogs that all they do is bark and are pampered by their owners.... Fuck those dogs

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Give me a mouthy husky over a shit-tsu, schnauzers and a fuckin Chihuahuas. Tiny dogs that all they do is bark and are pampered by their owners.... Fuck those dogs
As an owner of two large GSD's I agree, the only doggos we ever get trouble with are always small yappy things. These little things run up to us across the fields barking and yapping at my two and I will be screaming for the owner to call them back but of course they have no recall because owners don't train them because they are only small so how much trouble can they get into.... The owners will be shouting don't worry they won't hurt yours etc, that's not the point moron!!!! If your little shit pisses one my two off it will most likely get hurt and my GSD's will be "the bad dogs" for attacking the little dog....

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
There are all sorts of breeds that are not well suited to casual pet owner lifestyles, but that people get anyway because they look cool. (It's not a knock on those breeds; people just don't pick them for the right reasons.)

A lot of truth to this. I cant tell you how many times i seen or heard of a new pet owner not researching breed traits and just going for one that looks "cool." You usually end up in disaster cause the new owners usually end up getting a high maintenance breed or one that has specific training requirements like Akitas or Bully breeds.

As an owner of two large GSD's I agree, the only doggos we ever get trouble with are always small yappy things. These little things run up to us across the fields barking and yapping at my two and I will be screaming for the owner to call them back but of course they have no recall because owners don't train them because they are only small so how much trouble can they get into.... The owners will be shouting don't worry they won't hurt yours etc, that's not the point moron!!!! If your little shit pisses one my two off it will most likely get hurt and my GSD's will be "the bad dogs" for attacking the little dog....

Hello fellow GSD enthusiast/owner.

I feel this damn post so much. Little improperly untrained dogs are a menace. People always think their behaviour issues are "cute" cause theyre little and usually laugh about it. Pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.