• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking christ.. I just played on night mode and on spider mode for the first time. Anyway I basically spawned AT the spider so within 4 minutes of starting I'm at the dang boss. It was actually too scary for me. I barely could even work up the courage to go inside the building. It was at port meeker I think it was. Jesus christ. That was horrifying. Night mode is a lot more intense. This game is really exciting. I legit have my neck tingling still.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Man I am super interested in this game. Worried it might get too repetitive though. How is everyone liking it? Still into it, or is it a "play for a week a d forget" kind of game?

I'm only on a gtx980/i5 4690k, I should still be able to run this right?

Feb 21, 2018
Is there an official topic other than this one?

I stopped playing the game since last week. I won my first duo game, and then after few games, I had a very crappy server error that triggered me so much that I just sat on my chair for 15 minutes staring at my desktop pictures.

My duo and I got ambushed by players three times and we won; two of them were just hiding and making the game very boring for us. That triggered me a bit but we cleaned the server basically despite the high ping. We did that, got all evidence, killed a good amount of zombies, and we just killed the boss, and then server error: all progress reset.

The game is fun otherwise. I don't have time to deal with that; I can't play all day unfortunately or I wouldn't care that much about lost time/progress.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Is there an official topic other than this one?

I stopped playing the game since last week. I won my first duo game, and then after few games, I had a very crappy server error that triggered me so much that I just sat on my chair for 15 minutes staring at my desktop pictures.

My duo and I got ambushed by players three times and we won; two of them were just hiding and making the game very boring for us. That triggered me a bit but we cleaned the server basically despite the high ping. We did that, got all evidence, killed a good amount of zombies, and we just killed the boss, and then server error: all progress reset.

The game is fun otherwise. I don't have time to deal with that; I can't play all day unfortunately or I wouldn't care that much about lost time/progress.

Well this is the OT...kinda. I stopped playing the game and waiting for the first big patch to drop.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Digging this game so far, definitely needs some polish but luckily I've played without any major issues, performance, bugs, or otherwise.

Only thing that gets me right now is that the only real plan of attack seems to be to find the bounty/clues and just camp them out. Obviously the game is about hunting/stalking and that might involve camping out a spot occasionally, so I'm not saying I want them to make it so you have to run around like Quake, but it doesn't seem like there's any reason to not just sit in a bush near the boss for an hour churning out player kills. I get there's supposed to be a risk for going to get the bounty, but right now it feels like it's kind of a waste to even try.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't completed a bounty yet, but I've had two real close chances.

One time a guy and I killed the butcher, but he was killed in the final moments. I nervously waited around the whole time its soul was vanquished and got the loot, and made it about half way to the extraction point. I got spooked and impatient and ended up triggering one of the big fat zombies in a creek area which owned the crap outta me because you walk slower in the water.

Second time I got 2 clues but then another team triggered the butcher so I raced almost all the way across the map to where they were, just in time for them to be at ~80% soul vanquishing. I camped out for a bit and they took off running after them, but they had a pretty good lead on me. I opened fire a bit and I think I hit one of them. But they were just too far ahead. So I followed them all the way to the boat. And actually jumped on top of the boat during the final 20 second countdown and started shooting through the windows just in case. It looked cool, it was sort of armored.

Would love to partner up with ya'll sometime.

So far I have to say the community is really nice. I haven't encountered anyone overly rude or aggro. Mostly everyones been really nice. I played with some australian dude who really knew what he was doing.. but then we got a crycloud error and voice dropped out.

Super cool game here. Hope there are some healthy additions this year.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
804e18be402e400ab68378b99233e251222b99a8.jpg

Hunters,

We are happy to introduce the first content patch for Hunt: Showdown. Please note, this is a smaller content patch than that mentioned in our roadmap, so it has been designated Patch 0.5. Keep an eye out for updates relating to Patch 1.0 in the near future.

Version: v0.154
SteambuildID: 2583922
Client patch size:310MB

Patch Highlights

New server region:

With this update we are adding a new server region. Now, you will be able to select 'Asia' as your region on the contracts screen. As we progress through Early Access further regions will be added to accommodate as many players as possible.

2-Target mission selection:

You will now be able to select the option of 2-Target missions on the mission selection page. Here are some things you need to know:
  • Each boss will have its own region on the map. This will be visibly marked with a line through the map designating each are to a specific boss
  • Bosses with a small region are easier to find, but yield less bounty
  • 2-Target missions will yield more bounty, but each individual target is worth less overall than in the single target missions
  • Hunters will now have the chance to 'Run the Gauntlet'. This is achieved by successfully extracting with both bounty tokens from both targets, as a team (extracting with all 4 bounty tokens, 2 each

Random mission selection:

We are also introducing the random mission selection. Here is what you need to know:
  • Random missions are exactly that, completely random. For these, you will need to be more flexible with your gear/equipment before selecting the missions. All mission parameters are random
  • The details of each mission will only be revealed once matchmaking is complete meaning you will not be able to leave the mission without losing your hunter
  • Random missions will yield a higher bounty reward allowing you to earn +25 per extracted bounty token

Spawn point selection:

This was a feature we tested during the alpha but needed some tweaking before introducing it into Early Access. Extra details:
  • You will be given a choice of two spawn points that will be assigned to your team
  • You and your partner can spawn in different locations (this is really important to remember) but by default you will spawn at the same location
  • This is intended to give you more control over where you start, specifically for 2-Target missions, which will allow teams to spawn closer to the target they want to focus on

General Updates:

Bloodline
  • Added details for the XP received when retiring a hunter
    • Retiring a hunter at level 25 will now grant 2500XP to your bloodline. This scales up to 5000XP when retiring a hunter at level 50

• XP gates on the bloodline have now been lowered:
    • Hunters will now also give less XP to the bloodline. This is to compensate for the higher XP gains that go directly to the bloodline when retiring a hunter, or continuing to play with a level 50 hunter

Bounty rewards
  • Rebalanced some of the guaranteed bounty rewards
    • Lowered the bounty reward for locating the targets lair from 50 to 25

• Added a bounty reward for killing the target: 50 bounty

With this change, we want to encourage players to commit more to fighting the boss instead of entering the lair, and then preparing an ambush around the area. This is one of many steps we will be taking to ensure that the engaging the boss is more rewarding than holding back and waiting.

l
User interface

• Visual update applied to the main menu background graphics to increase performance and improve framing for individual screens
  • Visual changes made to the extraction timer (positioning, icons, etc.)

Weapons
  • Increased Vetterli damage from 90 to 100
  • Increased the price of the Caldwell Conversion Uppercut to $175
  • Tweaked the damage falloff and distance markers for all bullet types:
    • Compact ammo: Increased damage multiplier for 'long range' falloff and increased the 'short range' marker before decreasing damage

• Medium Ammo: Increased damage multiplier for 'long range' falloff and increased 'mid range' marker before decreasing ammo

• Long ammo: Increased short and mid range marker before decreasing damage

• Rebalanced the dusters, brawlers and fists:
    • Damage for each of these has been slightly reduced but we have optimized the stamina consumption to allow for more successive strikes before running out

• These weapons are now better when encountering groups of enemies, while the knife with be better when taking out single targets quickly

Bug Fixes:

Audio fixes
  • Fixed a bug that was causing footsteps while crouching to be louder than expected
  • Fixed an issue that was causing a carryover of the Spider audio (the audio between indoors and outdoors should now be noticeably different)

Crash fixes
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the game to crash on start up
  • Fixed a potential crash that could occur when finding a match
  • Fix a crash that could be caused by connecting or disconnecting a game pad
  • Fixed a bug that could result in a server crashing relating to the AI systems in game

Major fixes

• Fixed an exploit that resulted in the ability to skip the time to bandage of the first aid kit
  • Fixed a bug that would cause your weapon to show the visuals of firing but no damage was being dealt. This would occur if it was used right after throwing an item
  • Fixed a bug that would result in your hunter dying while using an elevator
  • Fixed a bug that would cause your hunter to desync/become displaced from the server when closing certain doors. The client will now correctly register your position in these instances

Minor fixes
  • Fixed an issue with the proxies of the horses at the extraction points that prevented you from shooting other players that appeared to be exposed
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the lobby chat to display the chat from other teams
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the summary screen to continue to visually update even after reaching max level
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the map to display when typing in the text chat. Now, pressing the 'map' key will no longer result in the map being displayed
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the "waiting for players" banner to persist for the duration of the match

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hopefully the dual hunts will help with the camping issue. With two targets there'll be less incentive to hang around outside the boss just waiting for people to show up.

Conversely, I don't think altering the bounties is the way to go to stop people camping. People are camping because they want to win, not because they care about the compensation after missions.

callmeCata

Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone's opinion on the economy so far? I've only played a couple of hours but its seems pretty brutal especially to new players like me who will die to enemies and mechanics they didn't know about.

Maybe I just suck?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
What is everyone's opinion on the economy so far? I've only played a couple of hours but its seems pretty brutal especially to new players like me who will die to enemies and mechanics they didn't know about.

Maybe I just suck?

I love the gameplay and all but the persistance and Hunter system really turns me off from it.
You will run into people that farmed or just are much better and have better stuff. Better not invest in your Hunter at all and just enjoy the gameplay and atmosphere I guess...

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe I just suck?
I haven't played too much either but it feels like it could use some work, you don't seem to get much cash outside of doing just about everything and then if you die the new characters cost a lot. I could see a slightly bad night in this game draining a week's worth of progress in short order. At the very least I'd like to see a better spread of loadouts and costs for the recruits so I can choose a cheap one if I want to make the death feel a bit less draining.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I've been hearing and reading a good amount about this game. It seems interesting, but is there any longevity to it currently? Or are most of you bouncing off of it pretty quickly? Trying to not just impulse by it off first impressions if I can help it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any good walk throughs of this game so far. I've read a decent amount on it and it seems pretty cool and would like to actually see it in action.

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
I just bought this today. Played about 4 matches (not counting 1 where I died within 30 seconds of spawning) , got a mix of people, some very helpful, some with no mic.
Watched a video on youtube about an extraction. Still figuring it out, a little bit of a learning curve to this. Youtube and reddit seem to be the places to go to find out more

deoee

Oct 25, 2017
After watching some videos I'm really intersted in getting into this.

Might check it out in a week or two

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Decided to give the game a shot and I'm not sure what I expected but holy fuck... Start a game - solo, so I can learn the controls without pissing someone else off - and I'm dead within 30 seconds. Didn't even see the player that killed me. Ok...start again. Survived the opening minute, so I figured I'd look around. Find a couple zombies and kill one with machete, going to go after the second when *bam* dead. Best I managed was about five minutes - still haven't fired a gun even once.

Cutting the story short, I'm having to use $0 hunters already and I've learned fuck all about how the game plays. Sticking to the shadows and in the brush doesn't seem to be helping my stealth game at all.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So the CM just said this on discord "We were going to do a stream about the performance updates that are coming very soon"

Also test server is coming soon and we probably can test the first major update

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
Decided to give the game a shot and I'm not sure what I expected but holy fuck... Start a game - solo, so I can learn the controls without pissing someone else off - and I'm dead within 30 seconds. Didn't even see the player that killed me. Ok...start again. Survived the opening minute, so I figured I'd look around. Find a couple zombies and kill one with machete, going to go after the second when *bam* dead. Best I managed was about five minutes - still haven't fired a gun even once.

Cutting the story short, I'm having to use $0 hunters already and I've learned fuck all about how the game plays. Sticking to the shadows and in the brush doesn't seem to be helping my stealth game at all.

As a fellow recent noob, I would actually recommend not soloing and instead random queueing and chatting (mic and text) with the people you are paired with - most are very helpful and accommodating if you follow their lead and instructions and those who aren't you can just be done with in a minute. I've learned a lot by just shadowing experienced players. [edit] Got my first bounty + extraction - woo hoo! It's quite a thrill when it finally comes together

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The first big patch is around the corner. Im guessing its coming next week to the test server. It will contain performance optimizations aswell.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The patch is up on the test server

General updates

Performance

CPU optimization
  • Optimized a number of CPU heavy processes within the game that would lead to Hunt being CPU bound (especially on lower end hardware)
  • Optimized rendering cost when particle effects are filling the screen space
  • Optimized off-screen particle updates in most cases
  • Optimized interior lighting volumes significantly
  • Optimized a number of expensive engine calls (e.g GetWaterLevel)
  • First round of optimizations on CPU job manager (improves efficiency of thread queues)

Memory optimization
  • Reduced Hunt's overall memory footprint
  • Enabled animation DB streaming to reduce memory usage
  • Improved object streaming to reduce memory usage
  • Fixed a memory leak in the AI proximity grid
  • Reduced memory usage in various Hunt subsystems

Server/Backend
  • Improved dedicated server allocation manager to be more reliable, especially if back end slows down
  • Upgraded backend technology to pave the way for further improvements to debugging user reported issues (slow response times etc)

Bug fixes

Developer note: In this section we will be using the word "stall" a lot. In these cases, this term is being used to describe one of 3 possibilities – micro stuttering (small freezes that do not crash the client), frame drops and spikes

• Fixed a stall when using lanterns for the first time (slight micro stutter when picking up the lantern)
  • Fixed a stall that could occur when using dark sight for the first time after loading into the match
  • Fixed a stall that occurred when aiming fusees at the sky
  • Fixed a number of stalls that could occur due to some shaders being loaded during gameplay. This was especially noticeable when aiming down sights
  • Fixed a stall that could occur when the banishing phase completed
  • Fixed a number of invalid file accesses during gameplay which was resulting in some stalls
  • Reduced stalls that could occur with cloth simulation on hunter clothing
  • Fixed a number of uncached resources
  • Fixed a deprecated asset that could cause the game to freeze at Stillwater Bend (or as it has been affectionately called by the community "Crashwater Bend")
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the Depth of field to be triggered when others in the match were aiming
  • Partial fix implemented for some objects not rendering correctly (e.g. large amounts of vegetation missing at the start of the match) **

** Developer Note – We will have a number of fixes coming soon that relate to invisible objects. Keep an eye on future hotfix/patch notes for details.

Known Issues
  • We are aware of an issue that relates to the audio of gunshots not playing correctly. When this occurred, it would lead to the assumption that your hunter would drop dead without warning. This is currently under investigation and we will provide updates when we have more information
  • We are aware of some geometry being invisible in certain circumstances (missing walls etc.). We are currently investigating the cause of this and hope to a resolution soon
  • In certain cases, when moving or aiming, you may notice objects fading and LOD (level of detail) popping. We have been actively working to resolve this and should be able to address this issue in subsequent content patch
  • We are aware of a potentially large stall that can occasionally occur when in game. In some cases this can cause your client (as well as others in the vicinity) to disconnect from server. We are aware and currently working to resolve this as a priority
  • We are aware of a FPS drop that can occur when rapidly switching through your inventory or when entering the mini map
  • We are aware that in some cases, players will not receive the 5 minute warning towards the end of a match

~The Hunt team

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Sadly it did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe a 5 fps increase but thats all

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
too bad the performance is still shit. I cant get constant 60 fps on low with a 1060 gtx. The patch looks cool tho. The map looks way better with a lot of foliage.

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very pleased with the patch. Still not fond of scopes though. Love clue guardians.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, really great changes here.

Clue guardians is brilliant

More xp for killing higher tier players is great (i killed a 3 the other week, was intense)

Bonuses for actually getting the bounty - fantastic

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Jumped in with a friend yesterday after seeing the large patch drop. Really solid foundation for a game! If they can keep the content flowing and fix some of the more egregious stuff like the ridiculous melee delay, I'll be checking this out for a while.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Considering picking this up. How have people been enjoying this? Fun playing solo?

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering picking this up. How have people been enjoying this? Fun playing solo?

No, Your best option is to endure the random duos through matchmaking, playing solo puts you against other duos. And also the community is currently toxic AF when matchmaking, if you ain't prestiged they will quit.

But strangely enough its one of the best games available in early access if you can find a partner.