• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PiPSmallie

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the new cosmetic dlc they launched alongside coming out of early access. This game has an amazing atmosphere and I wish it every success.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Official release is today, woo. Nothing really new compared to the 1.0 soft launch outside of the numerous minor hotfixes that were released. The community-earned Vanguard skin is out now too, and there's a DLC pack now with two exclusive new legendary hunters, a skin for the default nagant revolve, and the knife, plus $5 worth of blood bonds. Eh.

Game is still very great, but I hope they continue to tweak it and fix the persisting problems with it.

silvermakhno

Apr 20, 2018
This game is just so damn good. Been playing it pretty regularly since january, and I just don't get bored of it. The setting ,tension, atmosphere etc is second to non. Really looking forward to what post 1.0 will bring (wich they will talk about on next week's dev stream)

Tradesman

May 22, 2019
Best multiplayer game i have played in a long time ! When shots start firing it really gets tense I love it.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So these legendary hunters you get with the DLC, if they die are they gone like all the other hunters? Highest I've gotten on Xbox is a tier 2 hunter, what's a legendary one?

silvermakhno

Apr 20, 2018
So these legendary hunters you get with the DLC, if they die are they gone like all the other hunters? Highest I've gotten on Xbox is a tier 2 hunter, what's a legendary one?

They are gone like other hunters yeah. But you can recruit the legendary hunters you got at any time. They come with no traits or weapons tho, and they cost 333 dollars

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the game when tried it during a free weekend last summer. Might buy if it's decently populated agter upgrading my GPU.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the matches are 60 minutes?!
That's your limit yeah. Got roped into running the clock before out by my buddy who LOVES to bait... at least the other team left didn't extract either. Usually you can get in and out with a bounty between 15 to 30 minutes or so, though. Out of so many matches, I've only taken most of the hour maybe... 5% of the time or less. Probably less. So usually done within 30 minutes!

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
For those who don't know yet, pick any weapon from the store and go into the 3d view.

Now, scroll down.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I'll wait for the PS4 version. Hope it will have pro support by the time it releases

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Game is brilliant and more people should be playing it. Strikes a good balance between a tactical shooter and a lite BR, with pve nestled in for good measure.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I might give this another go now I've updated my GPU. Loved it when it first released, but haven't played for some months.

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Man, these servers are fucked. Not a single three person round is tracking data properly at all. Inconsistent hunter stats (alive? dead? what ex?), incorrect tracking of clues, bounties ignored, low XP and income at the end of matches.

It's a great game nevertheless, but for an experience that explicitly rewards survival and hunting it's fucking shitty to have the server mess everything up. Imagine going three hunters in, getting into several tense firefights, coming out on top and extracting with a bounty only for the game to reward you with one clue found, both bounties failed, and no kills. Rubbish, and a shame the game has launched as 1.0 with these issues.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I had an epic game, wiped out 2 squads and we were late to the bounty, so instead we camped a spot midway to the exit and got the drop on the bounty carrier...then went back to the monster den to recover the other bounty (they had only one claimed) and dealt with a lone lurker who was still camping the site. Not bad!

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
How do I play solo only? I can't find anything on the menu and I just played a match where I got killed by a duo.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
You can't play with only other solo players in the main bounty hunt mode (except maybe by extremely low random chance). The quickplay wellspring mode however is solo only!
Whaaaaat. That's a huge bummer. I bought it because I read there was a solo only mode but I guess I got confused and didn't realize it was a separate mode. Wellspring doesn't seem very interesting to me. I might just refund and keep an eye on it to see if they eventually add solo only bounty hunt since it seems cool.

I appreciate the info!

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, the matches are 60 minutes?!

Yes, but it's more like up to 60 minutes of sandbox time rather than strictly 60 minute matches. You can be in and out as fast as you want. The timer is just there to put some broader pressure on players to actually do something. A vast majority of matches don't take anywhere near close to 60 minutes, although I've definitely had a handful that took ~45 minutes, but only because my buddy and I decided to go for a double bounty and the players we were up against were really good, and thus there were long stretches of tense standoffs and gunfights. But even so, at any point during that we could have extracted with what we had and ended the match early.

The timer also adjusts to fast track players out of a match if all bounties have been collected and extracted. If there's nothing left to do in the map the time drops to 5 minutes and every player is required to extract if they want to preserve their hunter.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaat. That's a huge bummer. I bought it because I read there was a solo only mode but I guess I got confused and didn't realize it was a separate mode. Wellspring doesn't seem very interesting to me. I might just refund and keep an eye on it to see if they eventually add solo only bounty hunt since it seems cool.

I appreciate the info!
If you can get a friend into it it's amazing. But yeah, I can understand not wanting to play alone. though you can still win plenty solo once you are experienced with the game!

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
If you can get a friend into it it's amazing. But yeah, I can understand not wanting to play alone. though you can still win plenty solo once you are experienced with the game!
I tried to get my friend to try it but it's too expensive for him right now, unfortunately. The main reason I wanted to play solo is because it seems like a really good horror game and even the tutorial was super tense. Same reason I preferred PUBG solo even though I had a group to play with. I'm definitely going to give it another look down the road when it's on sale since it's an incredibly unique game.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Man winning Quickplay is so damn fun. It's really interesting the way that they've built it so that you can use the Wellspring ticker to your advantage, even if you don't have it. Someone triggered the Wellspring and I was nearby, so I just hunkered down and waited for people to start shooting so I could pick them off. Got two with the Dolch Precision I'd picked up, and then pushed in on the Wellspring carrier with 10-20 seconds left. Had the LeMatt, so I switched to shotgun and blasted him when I went around the corner he was hiding behind. Two seconds left and I pretty much auto-won.

I guess it's a version of the shrinking circle, but it just feels so much more tactically interesting.

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if anybody here is still playing, but the latest patch roll out has fixed the purple shader bug. Which is...a big step forward, sadly, given how prolific it was.

Boost to the AU community at least. Last few weekends me, my mate, and his wife have struggled to come across other players. Ever server we played tonight was packed. Good shit.

Mar 23, 2018
Here's hoping there is another Free Weekend or something like that in the future so I can try it out. It seemed really interesting last time I watched footage of it.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
Since they released the so-called anti-camping changes, the camping has gotten exceedingly worse and common, in my experience.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I tried it with my brother this weekend and played two 4 hours sessions and I rarely play 4 hours straight a session and we both are pretty fond of Hunt: Showdown. We had so many intense fights, some went bad for us, most of them we came out winning, killing some players and the boss and extract successfully. Graphics are nice, the binaural audio is amazing and the whole look and feel makes it so atmospheric.

After our somewhat dreadful experience with BR games that are, to our eyes, too much of a gamble with the random loot chances and often minutes of walking without something to happen, we really enjoyed this PvEvP approach: Even if you don't meet other players you still have an objective, AI enemies to kill, hints to collect and a boss to kill. Then you have the usual GaaS features of leveling and unlocking additional perks, weapons and so that keeps you motivated besides the normal gameplay.

It also ran stable for me. My brother had two crashes within 8 hours, though. On my PC there wasn't a single disconnect from the server or game crash. On my brother's machine it runs at 1440p with everything on high with around 45fps (1070), my 2060 Super achieves well over 70 on average, with lowest of 62 and highest around 80 at the same resolution and settings.

Genuinely thinking of buying this game.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Played during the free weekend and coudnt put it down, bought the game and already got my first prestige lvl, it runs perfectly fine at max settings in my end (i7 7700k GTX 1070, 16gb ddr4). Never had this much fun in a multiplayer game in years, the best thing is that during all my play time i got zero drama, only fun and some of the most intense gun fights i ever experienced in gaming.

The atmosphere and sound design is one of the best i have ever seen, to succeed you MUST pay attention to the environment aroud you, a dog barking, crows flyin, chains and cans noise, etc..everything can point you to a direction in advantage against other hunters.

Game has some mtx but is all cosmetic stuff and the currency to buy cosmetics can be adquire through gameplay, crytek really put out something special and i hope they continue to support and improve the game, new maps, new bosses, new modes...

Game has a good player base on steam (2.5k to 6.5k players).

Hunting never felt this good.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I've been wanting to try this out.. had no idea there was a free weekend (Steam?). Is it fun solo? I've been trying to talk friends into getting it, but no one wants to bite.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Damn, I've been wanting to try this out.. had no idea there was a free weekend (Steam?). Is it fun solo? I've been trying to talk friends into getting it, but no one wants to bite.

Yes, steam. About playing solo, there is the quickplay mode which is solo only and have a more battle royale approach, where you need to scavenge guns and items, it is pretty fun and will help to get the feel of the shooting. the bounty hunt mode where you need to kill the boss and deal with others hunters at same time dont have a solo only playlist, you will be facing at least duos or if u want more reward you can aloow the game to put trios in the game too. in this mode you start with a customizable loadout, i dont recommend playing this mode solo as the first time playing the game, because you might get frustaded, but once you have learned the game mechanics it can be fun solo too.

edit: the game has matchmaking for duos, but to play in a trio party you will need two friends.

ShimmyShakes

Nov 1, 2017
Boost to the AU community at least. Last few weekends me, my mate, and his wife have struggled to come across other players. Ever server we played tonight was packed. Good shit.
I bought this a few months ago, and while I enjoyed it, I wanted to play this one particular mode (as it seemed a little more noob friendly) and there was never anyone playing. Jumped on the Discord, and was told that everyone was on the main mode.

Might give it another try if there are more people around (on AU servers) nowadays.

EDIT: reading the post above, I was trying to play 'quick play' but everyone was on 'bounty hunt' which was a bummer, as I was a totally new player and not keen on ruining someone elses game by playing duos and being a useless team mate.