• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
should I just buy the EA now or the game is dead in the water anyway?

If you're interested in the game I'd buy it now, it can be had via humble bundle (steam key) for 17.99 currently

www.resetera.com

Hunt: Showdown is brilliant fun

Up to 10 players, in teams of two or solo, drop into a decently sized map. You're never told if you're alone, nor how many other players you're up against. It is left ambiguous. Every player in the match has 60 minutes to do...whatever they need. The map is populated by assorted monster types...

pop into this thread to read about it

never had issues finding a game (about 4000 peak players at the moment with an upwards trend)

population will be meatier on full release too :-)

i wouldnt buy, its dead aready

ill informed ass post

b8c.gif

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can already buy and play this on Steam (and have been able to for ages - I can't remember when I bought it... a year ago maybe?) means that it wouldn't be an Epic exclusive surely? Steam aren't going to remove it from your account?
The most stupid thing would be to release the game on all platforms as a gold 1.0 version and only update the EGS version with additional stuff in the future and use that game as a test for their Rocket League plans. So yeah, guess they'll do that most stupid thing.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
This game have like a 4k population daily with 10 players needed for a game. It's not dead in the USA at least.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, if I was Valve I'd penalize all these companies that use Steam as a PR / Beta test platform that then go EGS exclusive.

Fuck Epic.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if I was Valve I'd penalize all these companies that use Steam as a PR / Beta test platform that then go EGS exclusive.

Fuck Epic.

You do realize Valve is neither an international authority, nor is it providing a public service out of the goodnes of their hearts, right? They are getting paid 30% of the money from every copy sold. Which is money they are going to keep, no matter if and where a game goes afterwards.

Hunt: Showdown - Steam Charts

An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.

Doesn't seem that healthy to me tbh

A steady stream of 2.5K people playing a early acces game with 10-person-matches sounds pretty healthy to me. What else do you need other than enough people to easily matchmake with a variety of different players?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Fuck Epic.

To be fair, Steam has been selling the game for 18 months and, by all accounts, it's sold a ton. Valve have made a lot of money from Hunt Showdown. It's not like they've been giving it away.

Every developer should have the right to remove their product for sale from any store for any reason. You don't see Apple penalising bands if they take their music off iTunes for whatever reason.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Hunt: Showdown - Steam Charts

An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.

Doesn't seem that healthy to me tbh
Really? approx 500 more daily players it seems like so no it really is doing just fine. 2500-4000 players daily is not a bad metric. Like what is healthy to you?

I mean healthy as in the player base is there and aren't going anywhere and will be sticking with the game. once again a peak of 4400 people for this month is really good.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You do realize Valve is neither an international authority, nor is it providing a public service out of the goodnes of their hearts, right? They are getting paid 30% of the money from every copy sold. Which is money they are going to keep, no matter if and where a game goes afterwards.

To be fair, Steam has been selling the game for 18 months and, by all accounts, it's sold a ton. Valve have made a lot of money from Hunt Showdown. It's not like they've been giving it away.

Every developer should have the right to remove their product for sale from any store for any reason. You don't see Apple penalising bands if they take their music off iTunes for whatever reason.

Right. An 'early access' game that not even in 1.0 release right now that's using the playerbase for testing purpose. Then the developers say 'sorry guys, you have to move over to the shitty EGS store if you want to play the full release and get patches. My bad, but we gots paid!' Fuck that.

And should Valve have the same right if it's all fair? Don't they have the right to say that if you're listed on the steam store and use our platform for PR / early access, you have to sell here for a determinate period of time?

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Right. An 'early access' game that not even in 1.0 release right now that's using the playerbase for testing purpose. Then the developers say 'sorry guys, you have to move over to the shitty EGS store if you want to play the full release and get patches. My bad, but we gots paid!' Fuck that.

And should Valve have the same right if it's all fair? Don't they have the right to say that if you're listed on the steam store and use our platform for PR / early access, you have to sell here for a determinate period of time?

did you read anything in the thread? it's not an epic exclusive

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I would say to wait and see what the situation with Hunt is before deciding on this worst case scenarios. Seems a bit cart before the horse.

I can't imagine developers/publishers being happy at all with that situation. Valve (or any other store) shouldn't be able to hold games hostage and not allow them to be removed from sale. They don't own the rights to the games, they're just a storefront.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You can't penalize someone for taking their stuff off your digital store lmao

If anybody tried that nobody would ever put stuff on that store

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think the best response from Valve would be to grant additional visibility to games which launch first or concurrently on Steam, rather than anything actively punitive to games that are unwilling/unable to meet that.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Really? approx 500 more daily players it seems like so no it really is doing just fine. 2500-4000 players daily is not a bad metric. Like what is healthy to you?

I mean healthy as in the player base is there and aren't going anywhere and will be sticking with the game. once again a peak of 4400 people for this month is really good.
When you put it that way, it makes sense. I guess compared to other more successful multiplayer games, the metric may seem low, but if the community sticks around, it's fairly decent.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I can't imagine developers/publishers being happy at all with that situation. Valve (or any other store) shouldn't be able to hold games hostage and not allow them to be removed from sale. They don't own the rights to the games, they're just a storefront.

I agree, what I'm trying to say is that Valve should lock in a contract saying that if you want to be listed on our store and you use our services, you have to sell there as well, no advertise then pull like they did with Metro, Anno 1440, etc. Selling on other stores as well is totally fine.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
When you put it that way, it makes sense. I guess compared to other more successful multiplayer games, the metric may seem low, but if the community sticks around, it's fairly decent.
Yeah it's a little low but like the games always had a concurrent 3000-5000 and then when it f2p weekends it goes to 10K so it's been pretty healthy for a game like it.