• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Looking it up it seems some people notified this happening after a quake in March. Doesn't mean the earthquake is the direct cause, but it certainly seems more likely.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Is this behavior actually related to the earthquakes, or is it just a coincidence?

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I got attacked by a swarm of bees last Wednesday at work (I'm in So Cal). In some way I feel this is justice, but I actually like bees. We kinda need them, after all.
Very weird occurrence.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I got attacked by a swarm of bees last Wednesday at work (I'm in So Cal). In some way I feel this is justice, but I actually like bees. We kinda need them, after all.
Very weird occurrence.
Are you sure they were bees and not wasps? Bees don't usually attack unprovoked.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like bees die too easily. I see those poor things dead on sidewalks all the time for reasons unknown.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Social media influencer Khalil Underwood made the stunning observation that bees outside his house were having an adverse reaction to the California earthquake.

ksypHMh.gif

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Aren't there a lot of weird animal phenomena associated with large quakes?
It was said that hours before the 2004 tsunami in Sumatra, Indonesia occurred animals went to higher ground and marine life went to deeper depths. Some sort of sixth sense. I'd be curious to know how house and farm animals reacted before the quake. Will probably be reported on Coast To Coast AM.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IF an overall treand concerning...if not fuck bees and quite an interesting problem for bee scientists :) General rule anything that can kill humans with any threat level no issues with them being decimated (in the decimated term 1/10 population unless it affects us humans overall somehow) .

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
I feel like the sonic vibrations from the quakes that we can't hear or feel messes with their weird internals like an emp for bees
Considering they and ants act like a bunch of drones connected to a queen that interact and communicate with vibrations, Is it possible that the vibrations or possible undetected miasma caused this?

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The bees in California are thirsty and now this. Bee uprising coming soon

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
IF an overall treand concerning...if not fuck bees and quite an interesting problem for bee scientists :) General rule anything that can kill humans with any threat level no issues with them being decimated (in the decimated term 1/10 population unless it affects us humans overall somehow) .
This post is borderline illegible so maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but we need bees... like a lot. They're a major pollinator. Reducing the population by that much after how much it's already been reduced would definitely affect humans immensely.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It was said that hours before the 2004 tsunami in Sumatra, Indonesia occurred animals went to higher ground and marine life went to deeper depths. Some sort of sixth sense. I'd be curious to know how house and farm animals reacted before the quake. Will probably be reported on Coast To Coast AM.

They simply have some heightened senses compared to us, for instance hearing that allows them to hear infrasonic or they are more aware of pressure changes. Humanity has developed systems based on the same approaches.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if gasses released by earthquakes, such as radon and carbon-dioxide, has an effect on those bees.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Doesn't get any better with Trump administration doing budget cuts on honeybee data collections. I feel like we are on the verge on mass extinction for bees and honey bees

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
If you go to some online stores, some sell sonic devices that drive away wasps and yellow jackets.

I'm guessing an earthquake frequency can really screw up bees and since its a much larger scale, they can't just fly away.

They suffer and die.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought this thread read "Hundreds of bees inexplicably vibrate on the ground causing the California Earthquake" I was gonna say that's quite impressive!

Last edited:

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like bees die too easily. I see those poor things dead on sidewalks all the time for reasons unknown.
If a bee is traveling a long distance it can run out of energy and die. If you see them soon enough, a little bit of sugar water will get them going again. Done it a few times, feels good to save a bee. What you describe happens a lot in sprawled out concrete cities.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

This is why this planet and all it's species are being wiped out. The level of self Hines in this post is astounding.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Think of the bees as canaries in a coal mine. If you live in California you have about a week to live. Enjoy!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its probably coincidence.

Earthquakes give off ultra low frequency waves that can mess with creatures. I bet they are connected. There is some research showing those low frequency waves can cause hallucinations in humans that cause out of body or alien abduction type experiences when they interact with our brains. I wouldn't be surprised if it fucked up something in these bees.