• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.humblebundle.com

Humble VR Bundle

There’s nothing virtual about this reality. Explore a whole new world in our newest bundle!

uF0aVBW.png

gm6Aqaa.png

I searched and didn't find a thread. This is a great bundle for anyone getting a headset for Half Life Alyx.

edit: remember that steamworks VR will work with most VR headsets. Oculus, and windows mixed reality included.

Last edited:

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Wow that's a great bundle.
I got everything average and up, so the smaller tier is great for me.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Pay the $15 to get superhot. That's a fantastic bundle, wish it was around when I got into vr.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
debating purchasing it.

im locked into the PSVR ecosystem (i love it and own like a crapload of PSVR games so hard to switch) and i'm planning on getting PSVR 2. No plans on getting PC VR, but i guess theres a chance i could buy a PC VR headset someday and maybe PSVR 2 will be hacked to work on PC. idk.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that looks really solid but I have no idea when I would get a VR set, and I don't like buying games before I'm ready to play them.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that looks really solid but I have no idea when I would get a VR set, and I don't like buying games before I'm ready to play them.
If it helps at all..
going off historical lows
Cosmic trip - $8
Smashbox Arena - $5
GORN - $10
Budget Cuts -$7.50
Space Pirate Trainer - $7.50
SUPERHOT VR - $10
Moss - $15 (excluding the 75 minutes it was free due to an error last week)

Most VR games hold their prices decently and almost never go more than 75% off, so odds are if you wait until you have the headset you will only be able to get 1-2 of them for the price you can currently get all of them.
Superhot, budget cuts, and space pirate are great introduction games.
Moss is solid.
Gorn is a decent work out and a lot of fun.
I don't know about the other two.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of sad the BTA is already so close to $20 CAD, because I already own Superhot VR and don't really care about Moss. Feels kind of weird to pay $4 extra for a game I'm not that into but it gets great reviews and probably won't be $4 on its own for a very long time...

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of sad the BTA is already so close to $20 CAD, because I already own Superhot VR and don't really care about Moss. Feels kind of weird to pay $4 extra for a game I'm not that into but it gets great reviews and probably won't be $4 on its own for a very long time...
I already own both superhot and moss. With the BTA so close to the max price I just bought them anyway. Figure I can save them until a friend gets a VR headset, or trade them for something or something lol.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great bundle!
I have a Quest and was admittedly considering eventually getting Superhot VR on that for wireless, but this bundle is really hard to pass up and play via Link.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
SUPERHOT alone is well worth the $15. Played it on PSVR and it's incredible.

Damn good bundle for those getting into VR on PC.
Superhot is great, though if you ever play superhot on the PC I doubt you will be able to enjoy the ps4 version again.
It works well enough on PS4 but it's a game where the tracking limitations really show as it had issues tracking me when I got on the ground, and issues when I turned around to look at things and what not, where most of the PC headsets don't have those tracking issues so it's even easier to lose yourself in the game.

Even more so on the quest where you can play it without wires, but this is for the steam version which would still be quite a bit more free to move than the ps4 version.

Great bundle!
I have a Quest and was admittedly considering eventually getting Superhot VR on that for wireless, but this bundle is really hard to pass up and play via Link.

If you enjoy superhot with the link I would still recommend picking it up natively on the quest sometime.
That ability to set up VR anywhere without wires means you can take superhot to somewhere with a lot of space and then make a 20'x20' guardian and play the game in a way where you can run around in the levels. It's quite the different feeling, and on some stages you can realize there is away more to them then you thought. You can wander around in an entire plane and learn that there is hidden guns in some walls and what not lol.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I already own both superhot and moss. With the BTA so close to the max price I just bought them anyway. Figure I can save them until a friend gets a VR headset, or trade them for something or something lol.

I'm in the exact same boat: only games I have here are the two in the highest tier, so I may do the same. Spend $1.50 over the BTA for a couple of awesome VR games to gift.

Dammit, that's a high average for the BTA. I guess that means almost everyone is going ahead with the $15 tier. Which makes sense even if you already have just one of those top tier games, the $15 is still worth it.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, that's a high average for the BTA. I guess that means almost everyone is going ahead with the $15 tier. Which makes sense even if you already have just one of those top tier games, the $15 is still worth it.
yeah. Moss goes for $15 on its own on sale, and superhot is one of the best VR games to start off with in general.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I would normally just get the BTA tier, since I already have Superhot, but since it's so close to the max anyway I might as well pay it for Moss

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
If I didn't already have Moss and Superhot VR this would be a 100% buy for me. Awesome deal for new VR headset owners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't really have Moss and Superhot VR this would be a 100% buy for me. Awesome deal for new VR headset owners.
Yup. Which is why I added that in the title, especially with a lot of new VR owners coming due to Alyx.

For veteran VR owners it's less exciting because a lot of these are on the must own lists so people already own them :P

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you enjoy superhot with the link I would still recommend picking it up natively on the quest sometime.
That ability to set up VR anywhere without wires means you can take superhot to somewhere with a lot of space and then make a 20'x20' guardian and play the game in a way where you can run around in the levels. It's quite the different feeling, and on some stages you can realize there is away more to them then you thought. You can wander around in an entire plane and learn that there is hidden guns in some walls and what not lol.
I wish I had the space or locale to do a 20x20 guardian, lol. Would be friggin' amazing.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Superhot is my favorite VR game, closely followed by Budget Cuts. Moss is a magical experience and Space Pirate Trainer is one of the best arcade wave shooters. I also enjoyed Smashbox Arena quite a lot when I played it around release, though I'm not sure how big the player base is nowadays. Should improve due to this bundle anyway.

I haven't tried Gorn myself because I'm afraid of breaking half of the things in my room, but it looks very fun as well. This is an exceptional bundle. Get Beat Saber on top and you are set for a while of VR goodness

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had the space or locale to do a 20x20 guardian, lol. Would be friggin' amazing.
We're allowed to be in my SO's work after hours so we go there sometimes.
Though as long as you avoid direct sunlight (so an overcast day) you can take the quest outside and set up a guardian there. There's a park near me with an open building with a covered top with benches I can move so I could set up there.

I still really need to try this out sometime

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Oh dang! I'm planning on getting a budget (at time of purchase) headset later this year for my PC so I can mess around with experimental stuff, so maybe I should grab this so I can have other things to play on day one.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh dang! I'm planning on getting a budget (at time of purchase) headset later this year for my PC so I can mess around with experimental stuff, so maybe I should grab this so I can have other things to play on day one.
I would highly recommend it. A lot of the games in this bundle are ones people constantly recommend to new owners.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
All of these are good games though I don't know what the population is like for Smashbox right now.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Amazing bundle. One of the few I went straight for the highest tier and activated every single game.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally. I've been waiting for a bundle like this for years! What an amazing value for any PC VR user, this is literally the first time in my life I've paid the highest tier... And believe me, I've bought way too many bundles...

I'm so glad I didn't buy Budget Cuts during the Winter sale and opted to get Boneworks day one instead!

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Have most of those but awesome bundle! Highly recommend it.

More people need to play GORN.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Great bundle for sure. I feel like VR is really finding it's feet at the moment, TWD Saints & Sinners footage I saw recently looks kickass btw.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Great bundle for sure. I feel like VR is really finding it's feet at the moment, TWD Saints & Sinners footage I saw recently looks kickass btw.
It's taken some time but the Quest allows for a mostly affordable, and easy way to show off VR to other people (my family is up to like 4 of them now because people come to get togethers and other people buy it after lol)

and higher quality VR games have had a few years to develop and are starting to come out.

Like a lot of people were saying Alyx was going to be this random one off thing, but really we are just hitting the window where VR games are starting to become profitable, and we've had enough time to develop larger games.

we have multiple million sellers on VR now, and if alyx is worthy of the half life name we will likely have another one before the year is up.

It's not going to happen over night, but as the VR ecosystem gets more and more people, the games will be able to have higher and higher budgets, meanwhile the technology will continue to get cheaper and better.

It definitely would help if mainstream sites covered VR more, but historically it hasn't been worth the time and effort for them.

Wish they were Oculus keys, but great deal either way!

oculus in general is way more protective of their prices, so much so that we know Moss in particular has been denied the ability to be put on sale on the Quest at times.

So if this was an oculus bundle it would likely be more like $50 for the top tier.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
This is a great bundle for anyone getting a headset for Half Life Alyx.

Open-and-shut case. Took the words right out of my mouth. If you're even THINKING about picking up a VR kit for HL:A, grab the $15 tier. If you're new to PC-VR storefronts, remember, you can use SteamVR software within any Oculus headset.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017

Picked up a Rift S last month and it just feels like the perfect time for a PC headset for the price at the moment. I am not sure how long Oculus/Facebook is going to support PC VR since they seem to be going all in the quest but it will do for the next year or two. Can't wait to try so many things I have been missing out on.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a Rift S last month and it just feels like the perfect time for a PC headset for the price at the moment. I am not sure how long Oculus/Facebook is going to support PC VR since they seem to be going all in the quest but it will do for the next year or two. Can't wait to try so many things I have been missing out on.
I don't see Oculus dropping support for the PC anytime soon. They are going all in on the quest, but the logical replacement is just a quest 2 that was designed from the start to connect to a PC.

Even if mobile technology keeps developing you aren't going to want to lose the processing power of a pc for some games.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Oculus dropping support for the PC anytime soon. They are going all in on the quest, but the logical replacement is just a quest 2 that was designed from the start to connect to a PC.

Even if mobile technology keeps developing you aren't going to want to lose the processing power of a pc for some games.

I hope so. I see the value in wireless mode but I am more interested in PCVR.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Bought! It's been a good while since one of these was an instapurchase at the highest tier for me. Nice

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
if anyone wants to trade me their extra copy of gorn and are willing to trade for a game or 2 I have plenty to offer! Own every other game in the bundle already except for that one