• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
For your sanity do not read the replies to the tweet

EZhQ4uOU4AAItfZ

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is REALLY good.

I saw the comments and god damn people are really dumb

rtYkt2o.png

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
This is awesome! Hope other companies get on this train and the media follows up, highlighting the games created through this.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
They should get a million dollars just for putting up with this gaming hellscape.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
very good. the issues like this is because there are not pipelines to help get people of color in these industries things like this help immensely.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Divided up between 3 decently sized indies studios this would be pretty good but beyond that it's going to be pretty rough unless they are strictly focusing on projects with less than 6 people on a team.

Regardless I'm happy for their outreach.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yea stuff like this I like within the gaming community. This not only helps black dev and pubs now but can help future back devs.
yeah like there is a chicken vs egg thing when it comes to these things. companies sometimes dont have a large pool of people of color to hire because they werent led into those fields at times. Not all the time. This is why i like grants and etc that open up doors for girls to code and things like this.

People who argue against these things are super short sighted the MORE people who are in these industries the MORE work can be created and more jobs etc because of the various points of view etc.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah like there is a chicken vs egg thing when it comes to these things. companies sometimes dont have a large pool of people of color to hire because they werent led into those fields at times. Not all the time. This is why i like grants and etc that open up doors for girls to code and things like this.

People who argue against these things are super short sighted the MORE people who are in these industries the MORE work can be created and more jobs etc because of the various points of view etc.
Not only that but we get better representation in games Bigger companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo can have better and more inclusive games.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Not only that but we get better representation in games Bigger companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo can have better and more inclusive games.
yup its a win win. diversity is a natural course for nature and people shouldn't see it as something taking away from things but make things way better and way more resilient. How people think humanity has survived hella viruses plauges etc, its because of genetic diversity. if we all were the same we would be wiped out by simple shit. we need to celebrate and encourage divesity in everything we do. it works as a financial philosophy, works in nature and it should work in how we work and live.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017

Right. There's needs to be a whole initiative from the big studios to make AAA games with black creators heavily involved. I think Watch Dogs 2 was the last AAA game with any sort of heavy and visible black involvement. Black and African culture is ripe with IP and mythology to make some really unique and compelling experiences.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
I ignored the warning and read through the comments. why did I do that to myself

fuck are we this doomed?

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Can someone make a list of games made, or at least lead by black people? Honestly I can't think of any.