• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

My Friend Pedro
Planet Coaster
F1 2019
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
EXAPUNKS
Turok
Death's Gambit
198X
Niffelheim
AI War 2
Etherborn

As with previous months if you were grandfathered into the Classic plan you may pick 10 games. There are 12 games this month so you can't have all of them. You may also pause your subscription continuously without losing your classic status
humble-choice.png

Humble Choice
February Thread

Sorry for the late thread everyone. Forgot to make it!

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for making the thread!

Great month as per usual. I think I will enjoy My Friend Pedro a lot more with mouse controls.
Is F1 2019 worth the install?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first month I've considered freezing. I do want to play Exa Punks at some point, and I'd be into F1 2019 just because I've never played an F1 game before and I like racing games. But I already own Planet Coaster (though not the DLC) and I don't really get the appeal of My Friend Pedro. I've heard Battle Chasers is incredibly grindy but my friend may just have played it wrong.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I dont buy Indie games individually so this is a great deal for me.

I chose not to get Turok cause I got it in another bundle months ago and Exa Punks looks the least interesting for me.

Excited for

Fell Seal
198X
Battle Chasers
Niffelheim
Death's Gambit

Fell Seal for me is the one I'm most excited for.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Last November really spoiled us. :(
Only games i care about in there are Pedro and Turok and i already own both the Turok games....pause month for me.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did 198X and My Friend Pedro turn out?

I think I would like to try playing Turok without the N64 peasoup fog, but I would probably only play it once.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yeah paused. Last month was great for me just for Kingmaker but not interested in anything here.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for making the thread!

Great month as per usual. I think I will enjoy My Friend Pedro a lot more with mouse controls.
Is F1 2019 worth the install?
The Codemasters F1 games have been on a steady rise since about 2015, 2019 is the best one yet. Really great campaign mode and robust driving model... 87 on Metacritic, 91 by Pc Gamer reviews etc... Definitely worth the install if you have even passing interest in racing games.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
What means "pause" ?

if you were a subscriber before they changed to humble choice, you get grandfathered in at the old price for the original monthly bundle. But to do so you have to keep your subscription on file. However, if you don't want a certain month, you can pause your subscription for that month and pick up the next month. Or as some people are doing, skip multiple months. You're not canceling per se. Once you do you lose the old price deal. But yeah.

I may do it this month. Pedro is the only one I'm kind of interested in tbh. I guess planet coaster? idk?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you were a subscriber before they changed to humble choice, you get grandfathered in at the old price for the original monthly bundle. But to do so you have to keep your subscription on file. However, if you don't want a certain month, you can pause your subscription for that month and pick up the next month. Or as some people are doing, skip multiple months. You're not canceling per se. Once you do you lose the old price deal. But yeah.

I may do it this month. Pedro is the only one I'm kind of interested in tbh. I guess planet coaster? idk?
Hm. How does that work for those of us on the yearly plan?

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Exapunks, Pedro, Planet Coaster, 198X, and Death's Gambit. No clue what else to spend my other 5 on. Exapunks was the one that got me to actually not pause a month, for once.
Hm. How does that work for those of us on the yearly plan?
You don't consume one of your months. Your billing date gets pushed back.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Always look forward to these updates, friend. Once again, great thread! :-) we appreciate you. These games are great, I can't decide which one I'll play first.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
How did 198X and My Friend Pedro turn out?

I think I would like to try playing Turok without the N64 peasoup fog, but I would probably only play it once.
198X is extremely short, but it's more like an interactive movie? There are a few separate gameplay types with heavy narration and cut scenes in between. The art direction and music are incredible.

I paid 10 for it at launch on Switch and have no regrets. I wish I could buy the soundtrack.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have impressions of Planet Coaster? I don't know much about it but I feel like I remember hearing it disappointed people.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
This choice system has worked out well for me so far. Yet another good month for me, half of those where on my wishlist.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to pause this month, which is my first time doing so. It isn't a bad month for me, but I just already own the games I'm interested in.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I think it's a pause for me this month too. Planet Coaster is the big draw, but I already have it. On the plus side though, I'm contemplating getting Planet Zoo cause I was reminded of it by seeing PC on the Humble Monthly.

Anyone have impressions of Planet Coaster? I don't know much about it but I feel like I remember hearing it disappointed people.

Planet Coaster is good, but it's quite complex. RCT levels of drag and drop it aint, it lets you customize so much in your park. I remember being quite overwhelmed at first.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Pausing this month too. Fell Seal looks good, but the rest is skippable. Will probably buy the game alone later.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I loved this month, half the games were on my wishlist.

Still waiting for Vampyr, though.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've wanted to play Planet Coaster for a while, and don't have the Steam port of Turok, so that's dope. Pretty underwhelming month, though.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Good month, the only game I already owned was Turok. I actually had a tough time trying to pick which one of the 11 other games I was gonna skip... ended up passing on My Friend Pedro.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i paused this month and if next month isn't more interesting i'll probably cancel. since moving to choice i've found the selection to be pretty underwhelming and i've just given the majority of the games away

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
This would actually be a great month for me if I didn't already own Planet Coaster - but as it is 198X and F1 2019 are the only two I'd want so I'd rather just keep the money for something else.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
i paused this month and if next month isn't more interesting i'll probably cancel. since moving to choice i've found the selection to be pretty underwhelming and i've just given the majority of the games away

I think these services are good to try something you wouldn't normally buy...

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Umming and ahhing over this one, may do it for My Friend Pedro, Planet Coaster and 198X and check a few of the other appealing games.

Turok's a great inclusion too, lovely version! I do already have it but hope folks enjoy it :D Great mod support too, if you play it make sure you grab the AI Upscaled Texture Pack

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Here is a neat trick, wait to pause your subscription until a few days before the last Friday of the month. Once you pause you lose access to your store discount until the next month. Waiting until the last second lets you have your discount to their store for essentially free. I have paused every month since humble choice started and I still have the store discount without paying anything.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm waiting for a good month to jump in, but I already have My Friend Pedro (great game, btw!) and the only other thing that's interesting to me is Planet Coaster, so not yet. Maybe next month.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any genuine stinker in here I really shouldn't claim? Trying to choose the two I won't take.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I've paused every month since Choice started
Yeah - I've been saying it a lot, but the way that Choice is structured is awful.
Previously, I only had to decide whether the main game (or games) for that month were worth $12 - and anything that came with them was a bonus.
Now I'm given a set number of 'tokens' to decide which games I want to get for $12, and there's rarely as many games I want as I have tokens - with no way to carry them over to future months (even at an exchange rate of 2 or 3 to 1).

On top of that, they just aren't getting the games they used to. There's rarely any 'big' headline games now, and the ones they do get are quite old.
The indies they get often end up on EGS or Twitch Prime within a couple of months. Whispers of a Machine was in January's bundle and is included with Twitch Prime for March.