• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Tried to include a bit more information than usual this time. Which is why I posted those steam screenshots instead of just the usual humble image
Its really good and super helpful. I usually have to google/steam search each game to see if i'm interested in but your images saved me the hassle of going through each game to see if its genres I liked. And since you gave the link i can jsut further read the games i'm interested in.
Thank you for taking the time to do it.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't own any of these. Good month for me. Now to decide what NOT to get. Capitalism II is one of the two, for sure, but no idea for the other.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
So This Is The Police ... is there anything gross in the game about running a police force? Or is the game actually good? For some reason over the last couple years the idea of playing a cop game has gotten less appealing to me.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Great month! I mean, I haven't really NOT liked a bundle since that one that had that CoD thing a year or two ago? Some are less exciting than others, but I find them a great value and the few dupes are nice for giveaways and such.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Passing again. Would maybe only be remotely interested in Turok and Raiden, but I been messing around in game pass more lately.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure Divinoids was made by an Era member too, pretty good month imo.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Already bought Gris, it is also available on Gamepass.

With all these subscriptions and free games it is just getting hard to make an awesome bundle.

Still, ever since this turned into Humble Choice, I've skipped every bundle, just like this.
For me its the other way around.
Previously jsut seeing 2-3 games was rarely enough to make me purchase, after all i needed to like all 3 to be worth buying the bundle vs the game alone.
Now its easier to find games I like or might like.
So This Is The Police ... is there anything gross in the game about running a police force? Or is the game actually good? For some reason over the last couple years the idea of playing a cop game has gotten less appealing to me.
Depends on what you define gross.
The first game is all about balancing your corruption and the justice. I found it very compelling because many times to get reinforcements you have to cozy up to corrupt people and turn a blind eye to other stuff but on the whole you catch more bad guys.
Note that the game forces this dichotomy you can't play the game all good or all bad.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pausing, but only because I picked up Hitman 2 and Gris day 1 and already have Raiden on XBox. Solid month for anyone who hasn't already payed Hitman 2.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Great month! I mean, I haven't really NOT liked a bundle since that one that had that CoD thing a year or two ago? Some are less exciting than others, but I find them a great value and the few dupes are nice for giveaways and such.

Every month seems to have everyone clamoring over pausing their subscription, but I agree with you - I've only been really disappointed with a handful of bundles over the years.

This month has some solid stuff in it, and I'm someone who thinks the covid bundle is kind of weak due to it consisting of little more than pieces of previous bundles.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
It's a good month for me. I don't have Turok 2, Hitman 2, Gris, or Bard's Tale IV yet. Well worth $12, especially with the other games I'll get access to.

As an aside, I think Humble really screwed up that month they had Crash and Spyro. Ever since it seems there has been a lot more griping than before and I think they unrealistcally skewed expectations going forward. With a very few exceptions, I think most months pre-Choice were no better than this month, for example. IMO.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have Hitman 2 or GRIS, so I'm happy.

I also had interest in Turuberbrook and This is the Police 2, and I'm down for Raiden V, so I'm pretty happy with this month.

>I already had Turok 2.

I kinda' subscribe to monthly sometimes also just for games I don't have, so there was 5 other games on this list I didn't have, so yeah. I'm happy with this month.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bothered pausing my sub yet since the switchover, all the months have been worth the price since I hardly buy games at launch anymore. Hitman, Gris, and BT are all ones I've been interested in for a while so this seems like another good month for me.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the only game I had an interest in this one is Bards Tale blah

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Hm... I liked the last few bundles, but not this one :/

Only want Bards Tale, This is the Police and Turok 2.

Oct 31, 2017
Great month !

Regarding Hitman 2: if I get the complete first season, I can connect both games and play the first season in H2, right ?

Oct 25, 2017
Great month !

Regarding Hitman 2: if I get the complete first season, I can connect both games and play the first season in H2, right ?
Yes. Keep in mind that you must launch Hitman 2 once before the first game's levels get registered to your account. It will be a ~30GB extra download after that. Do this before you plan on playing!

You don't need to download the first season itself at any point.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
And once again, paused for another month. Man, Choice sucks.

Before choice I had paused twice in the 3-ish years I have had Humble Monthly. I have already paused 2 btimes since Choice launched, and it would have been 3 but I forgot to pause it.

At this point I'm basically keeping a sub for the 20% off store purchases. (and maybe an okay Choice every once in a while)

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Last month, with one Zachtronics game: tempting but I don't care about any of the other games or own them already, pass
This month, with TWO Zachtronics games: touche. This might clinch keeping the bundle for me, though I already have access to Opus Magnum through Game Pass.

I already own Hitman 2, so that decreases the personal value for me. Gris I probably already own somewhere else because it's been in a bunch of freebies already, but it looks like I don't have it on Steam so okay. About half these games look like they belong in the bargain bin pile at someone's 80s retro PC games shop.

Faabulous

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, is zachtronics ok?

Exapunks was kinda recent, but Molek-syntez JUST released (like late last year)

Hope this isn't a bad sign for them

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Honestly? Best month since "Choice" started.
On par with months prior to that.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, keeping my pause going. I think I've only done one or two months of this choice stuff?

Not to say Hitman 2 isn't good, just I've got Hitman (the first reboot one) and not played it and played Gris (which is beautiful) on Switch and nothing else really grabs me enough to blow a month on it.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not a bad month but I already had Hitman 2 and another small one and while I am interested in a few others, I'm not interested enough to get it for just them. Will probably pause for the first time.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Well to me worse case I'm at $12 every month and give the extra codes away but Hitman 2 and Bard's tale are games id be more than happy to $12 for both combined and everything else I either own from another bundle or me just carelessly adding more games to my ridiculous steam library. I also need to buy that covid bundle. I don't really need that many games from it but then I'll have more games to give away.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
This is a decent month, but i gotta pause since i already have Hitman.

but when i got to pause it says:

"While your subscription is paused, you won't be billed for April 2020, and you will miss out on next month's games."

i assume "Next month" means April due to this
"If you pause, your subscription will resume on
May 1, 2020
You still have 20 days to decide whether or not to pause your April 2020 Humble Classic subscription."

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I forgot to pause for last month and was pretty disappointed about it. This looks like a good deal though. Excited to play Hitman 2.. or at least have the opportunity to do so.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Great month for those that don't own Hitman 2... It is legitimately one of the games of this generation. I own most of those games so I will stay paused.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since like the Crash Bandicoot bundle when this Choice change started, I've been pausing my subscription for months now. I think this is the end of it for me once my sub ends... one day when I stop pausing it. Never once paused it and I signed up on day 1 years ago.
It's a combination of them having more competition now; being unable to secure deals as good as they once did, ever since the IGN takeover; and the way that they structure Choice vs the old Monthly bundles, I feel.
There have been bundles where, if it was a Monthly and one or two of the games were revealed, they might seem like a good deal at $12.
But when presented with a list of 12 games to choose from, and I only want one or two of them, it feels like I am wasting a month on it if those are not games I want to play immediately.

They should have had something in place where unused tokens from one month could carry forward to the next. Put some limitations on it if necessary; e.g. token count is halved when carried over (but never less than one).
I think there might be enough for me to pick up this month's bundle, but I'm still not feeling good about it. I wouldn't be surprised if Turok 2 ends up on Twitch Prime next month.

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up about Gris being on Game Pass everyone that has posted it so far.
It's one of the games that was swaying me in the direction of picking up this month's Choice, but I still have a couple of weeks remaining of the Game Pass month I bought recently.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
okay question

what do you actually get with Hitman 2? don't those games have a weird episodic payment structure? when I get "Hitman 2" am I just getting like the base game and the first level or two or is it the complete package you'd expect from a 60 dollar poduct?

i ask because you can already get part of hitman 2 for free on steam

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
okay question

what do you actually get with Hitman 2? don't those games have a weird episodic payment structure? when I get "Hitman 2" am I just getting like the base game and the first level or two or is it the complete package you'd expect from a 60 dollar poduct?

i ask because you can already get part of hitman 2 for free on steam
Hitman 2 is not episodic. There are 5 or 6 main missions i think.
There is also a Season Pass for it with few more missions added.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 is not episodic. There are 5 or 6 main missions i think.
There is also a Season Pass for it with few more missions added.
i guess i'm confused because on steam there is a "Hitman 2 Starter Pack" for free, with the "standard edition" just being a bundle of separate DLCs

Kanokare

Nov 10, 2017
It's a combination of them having more competition now; being unable to secure deals as good as they once did, ever since the IGN takeover; and the way that they structure Choice vs the old Monthly bundles, I feel.
There have been bundles where, if it was a Monthly and one or two of the games were revealed, they might seem like a good deal at $12.
But when presented with a list of 12 games to choose from, and I only want one or two of them, it feels like I am wasting a month on it if those are not games I want to play immediately.

They should have had something in place where unused tokens from one month could carry forward to the next. Put some limitations on it if necessary; e.g. token count is halved when carried over (but never less than one).
I think there might be enough for me to pick up this month's bundle, but I'm still not feeling good about it. I wouldn't be surprised if Turok 2 ends up on Twitch Prime next month.

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up about Gris being on Game Pass everyone that has posted it so far.
It's one of the games that was swaying me in the direction of picking up this month's Choice, but I still have a couple of weeks remaining of the Game Pass month I bought recently.

I also used to buy weekly bundles too from HB and probably since the IGN takeover I've barely bought as much. I've been buying here and there from other bundles as mentioned like Fanatical most recent.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So if I choose all 10 games from my sub - will I still get the bonus games or should I wait with the last choice I have till the bonus game becomes available?

Edit: NVM I see the fine print lol.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Solid month, the only game that I don't think looks particularly good is Shoppe Keep 2. And since I own one of the others already (Turok 2), my picks are pretty much made for me.

Also, protip: Apparently Bard's Tale IV also includes Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Last edited:

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have Hitman 2, Opus Magnum, and Gris already. Nothing else really catches my eye so this will be another paused month for me.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JAJA!! This bundle is nuts! o_O O_o Turok and Gris alone make this a really good month for me. Hitman 2 is a pretty weak pick imo but I'm sure there are many who will enjoy it. Thanks again for the great thread Flandy :) Always look forward to reading your posts, friend

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Great month for me. Hitman 2, Gris, This is the Police 2, Bards Tale IV, Turok 2 and Raiden have all been on my wishlist for a while