• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
www.humblebundle.com

Humble RPG Book Bundle: Pathfinder Second Edition by Paizo Inc.

Pay what you want for $360 worth of Pathfinder RPG books (including the physical Core Rulebook) from Paizo & Humble Bundle. Plus, support charity. Learn more!

Everything you need for hundreds of hours of roleplaying for only 18€ !
I don't think I ever saw such a great deal for tabletop RPGs.
Anyone wanna DM?

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this is pretty nuts.

I'm totally up for DMing, if people want to play with someone who has never DMed before, and only has experience with D&D 5E! 😀

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
For stuff like RPG books, I still think physical volumes, where you can leaf back and forth between pages and books, is preferable, but maybe I'm just old fashioned and have no idea how to quickly navigate an ebook or something.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For stuff like RPG books, I still think physical volumes, where you can leaf back and forth between pages and books, is preferable, but maybe I'm just old fashioned and have no idea how to quickly navigate an ebook or something.
I mean, worst case scenario you print out the 10-20 pages you might need to switch back to constantly.

Wow, this is pretty nuts.

I'm totally up for DMing, if people want to play with someone who has never DMed before, and only has experience with D&D 5E! 😀
I'd be down for some games as I don't have anyone playing around me anymore! I also only ever played 5E, and mostly DM'd actually, which is why it'd be fun to finally able to be a PC for once haha

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I could be convinced to join a game. I'm DMing right now and would love to sit on the other side of the screen without sacrificing the game I'm running with my current players.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I love digital comics and novels but when it comes to this stuff I'm with you. All my D&D and Warhammer books are physical, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. I even use a digital character sheet but still like to have the books on a shelf.

That being said, I'll jump on this deal and get the physical core rules.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I love digital comics and novels but when it comes to this stuff I'm with you. All my D&D and Warhammer books are physical, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. I even use a digital character sheet but still like to have the books on a shelf.

That being said, I'll jump on this deal and get the physical core rules.

Yeah, sequential books I have a much easier time with digital, it's mainly reference books and the like.

Still, a killer deal for sure.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Bought it at the physical tier. I've never played Pathfinder before but $30 for that much content is a steal.

Oct 25, 2017

Well the $30 tier comes with a physical core book, which is what you'd mostly be flipping through at a table. When it comes to Tabletop RPG I tend to buy all the core stuff both physical and digital. The rest I tend to prefer digitally because it's usually not referenced outside of a particular adventure - though I'll pick it up physically sometime in the future when it's cheap, just to fill out my book shelves.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The general reaction to Pathfinder 2e is hilarious considering the origins of Pathfinder.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on the app you're using you just set favorites and create list. Then you can easily navigate to certain pages or list of relevant session data.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
I did the $30 for the physical book, but Paizo's website sucks. It won't accept my address, so I can't place the order. On top of that, their customer service email is backlogged by over a thousand emails and a month and a half.

I'm glad I selected to have most of the $30 go to charity.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I did the $30 for the physical book, but Paizo's website sucks. It won't accept my address, so I can't place the order. On top of that, their customer service email is backlogged by over a thousand emails and a month and a half.

I'm glad I selected to have most of the $30 go to charity.

I had to fight with Paizo for half an hour to convince it to take my address. I actually left the order completely and updated my address on my profile, and that was enough for it to keep my address and let me complete the order for the physical book.

Carvel

Nov 6, 2017
Mainz, Germany
I'm knee deep into a 5e campaign and probably won't get an opportunity to play PF2e any time soon, but I'm interested in the rules and love skimming through rpg-books in general. Thanks for the hint!

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for some games as I don't have anyone playing around me anymore! I also only ever played 5E, and mostly DM'd actually, which is why it'd be fun to finally able to be a PC for once haha
I had never played a tabletop RPG before (excepting about 2 sessions of Rifts back in high school, so... 1992?), but being in lockdown got me to seek out a game on Roll20, which I've been enjoying immensely.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
I had to fight with Paizo for half an hour to convince it to take my address. I actually left the order completely and updated my address on my profile, and that was enough for it to keep my address and let me complete the order for the physical book.

I tried that that to, but still didn't have any luck. Gave up and just ended up having it shipped to my work. I was worried not having my full billing address would cause it to be declined, but thankfully that wasn't an issue.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
www.humblebundle.com

Humble RPG Book Bundle: Pathfinder Second Edition by Paizo Inc.

Pay what you want for $360 worth of Pathfinder RPG books (including the physical Core Rulebook) from Paizo & Humble Bundle. Plus, support charity. Learn more!

Everything you need for hundreds of hours of roleplaying for only 18€ !
I don't think I ever saw such a great deal for tabletop RPGs.
Anyone wanna DM?

Nice. If you donate 30$ you get the physical edition of the Core. Seems like most of these are novels though?

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great deal for the digital. I was going to go in on the physical until I found out they estimate shipping to Canada at $30-45.

I could be convinced to join a game. I'm DMing right now and would love to sit on the other side of the screen without sacrificing the game I'm running with my current players.
Good luck. I've been trying for almost a year. Any time I've tried to find a table, in-person or online, people just ask me to DM their campaign because they either got dumped or their DM wants to play.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Anyone who's played a decent amount of both D&D 5e and Pathfinder 2e can give a brief rundown of some of the differences? I haven't looked at Pathfinder since 1e, which was needed at the time after the backlash to D&D 4e, but is there a place for Pathfinder anymore?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck. I've been trying for almost a year. Any time I've tried to find a table, in-person or online, people just ask me to DM their campaign because they either got dumped or their DM wants to play.

Yeah. I've been DMing the same game for about 10 months now and while I'm enjoying it I'm also kinda tired of that being my only way of interacting with the game. Finding someone else to run something, ESPECIALLY during the pandemic, is a nightmare.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Repeating the call for 5e -> PF2e insight - I'd love to know what more-experienced people think of the differences and similarities.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So is 2E actually good? I mean for a while folks were like PATHFINDER IS KING, that dethroned DnD and then 5e came out and it was all the hot stuff, and never heard much about Pathfinder once 2E hit.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Great deal for the digital. I was going to go in on the physical until I found out they estimate shipping to Canada at $30-45.

As a forever-DM I feel all of your pain. It's really hard to find any kind of group outside of my existing 5e group because 1) I'm on the west coast and 2) I can't play until around 7pm on account of work/kids/dinner/etc.. The closest I ever seem to find are games that start at 5pm PDT, which may as well be 2am to me.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So is 2E actually good? I mean for a while folks were like PATHFINDER IS KING, that dethroned DnD and then 5e came out and it was all the hot stuff, and never heard much about Pathfinder once 2E hit.

I personally think 5e beat out Pathfinder due to how easy it is to pick up and play. Pathfinder just got stupid complicated and everyone I knew who played it jokingly called it Mathfinder. Still you had a lot of freedom in Pathfinder 1.0.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I'm assuming the shipping cost is USD too since it doesn't indicate otherwise, which only makes it a worse deal. Almost double the price of Amazon or my local store.

Yeah for Europe it says "35-65$" which is a joke. Both that range ("it may cost this, or twice as much, who knows?") and the price itself, which is way higher than shipping from other places.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Repeating the call for 5e -> PF2e insight - I'd love to know what more-experienced people think of the differences and similarities.

PF2e definitely has more depth of choice, even though it's a newer game. I also think the action economy (three actions and a reaction to spend as you wish) is better, but both games do have a relatively simpler play feel than, say, original Pathfinder or Pre 4e D&D.

tekomandor

Oct 27, 2017
Searchable, indexed PDFs are pretty great as reference when playing.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I'm definitely getting this. I wouldn't mind playing with others here if someone would like to set up a game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone who actually ordered this pack had their physical rulebook ship yet? Paizo has yet to confirm anything beyond my order being Pending.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Last day for this! I just started playing in a Starfinder game online, so I haven't had much chance to flip through the rulebooks, but what I did see looked pretty great.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Last hour! Sorry for bumping again, but I've been having so much fun in my online D&D 5e and Starfinder games that I want everyone to jump in.

Oct 30, 2017
Great deal, but I think crunch is out for me. Just combat oriented games are stale to me.
Been running Call of Cthulhu for a few months and it's been amazing.