• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Humble Bundle has struck again.

They have a manga bundle with some super stand out and popular titles. Here's the tiers:

$1+
Cells at Work Vol. 1-5

$8+
The Quintessential Quintuplets Vol. 1 - 3
Vinland Saga Vol. 1 - 5

$10+
Vinland Saga Vol. 6 - 10
Fire Force Vol. 1 - 15 (from Soul Eater creator Atsushi Ohkubo)
Domestic Girlfriend Vol. 1 - 10

$15+
Domestic Girlfriend Vol. 11 - 18
BLAME! Vol. 1 - 6
Attack on Titan Vol. 1 - 10

$20
Attack on Titan Vol. 11 - 20
Attack on Titan: Before the Fall Vol. 1 - 16
BLAME! Movie Edition
APOSIMZ Vol. 1 - 2
Collected Works: Exclusive Artbook

EDIT: Forgot link.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/manga-2-anime-kodansha-books

Last edited:

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Does anyone know how far ahead the Attack on Titan manga is compared to the anime? I've been meaning to get into it for a while now.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
The one they did a while ago had better titles by and large but I might get this for BLAME and Vinland saga. Worried I might be tempted to start reading Domestic Girlfriend though which I know will infuriate me.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Huh, there are 16 volumes of Before the Fall? How is it? I read its first 3-4 chapters a long while ago and then never went back to it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The anime is currently at volume 21, chapter 86. There are 28 volumes out right now with 118 chapters as of a week ago.

Ah, maybe that's why they did it only to volume 20. I thought it was a little odd because the last AoT Humble Bundle I bought went to volume 22 and that was in January 2018.

Just a FYI, the last Kodansha Humble Bundle in January had the following overlap:
Cells at Work v. 1-4
Fire Force v. 1-10

I also bought a Nihei bundle some time back that included Blame v. 1-2. But otherwise not much overlap. I'm curious how that exclusive artbook on the top tier is.

Also tempted by the Godzilla IDW bundle.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
What kind of kindle? If you mean the e-reader you can try using Calibre but I'd say the text might be a bit too small judging from my experiences trying this a few years ago.
There is also this program that can convert from CBZ to MOBI/EPUB and reformat the pages to fit your Kindle/eReader:
The nice thing is that it tries to remove margins so that more of the screen is used and it also adjusts contrast so it looks better on the e-ink screen.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Vinland Saga is criminally underrated/talked about. It gets praise but deserves a bigger audience.

On the other hand, the hardcovers are so gorgeous that it's almost a crime to bypass them for a digital copy. But dig into the digital copy to whet your appetite, then go out and buy the book.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Never read a digital manga before, but those are read right-to-left, right? Do most ebook readers support it?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
BLAME! worth it for $15 alone, but the new(relatively) physical releases are so damn good