• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020

I think tomorrow during the PC Gaming Show they're gonna announce when. Don't miss it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I played in the last Opendev and I've been craving it ever since. It's such a fun evolution on the formula.

OP
OP
Mukrab

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
So you have to pre-purchase to get in on this one?
Most likely. Not too sure tho, the previous one was for pre purchases too but they also gave it away as a twitch drop if you watched a stream for 3h. Not sure how you feel about pre ordering games but IMO its worth it. The deluxe edition is what you can pre order now, and that is cheaper now than even the base version will be at release. So you get more content for less money.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Most likely. Not too sure tho, the previous one was for pre purchases too but they also gave it away as a twitch drop if you watched a stream for 3h. Not sure how you feel about pre ordering games but IMO its worth it. The deluxe edition is what you can pre order now, and that is cheaper now than even the base version will be at release. So you get more content for less money.
I'll probably do that then, I got in on the open dev thru the Twitch drops and I liked it pretty good.

OP
OP
Mukrab

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Is this similar to civ?
Yeah. But changes some things up. They changed everything that in civ i consider boring ane made it more interesting in my opinion. If you wanna leanr about the game check out the videos on their youtube channel that have feature focus in the title. Its short 3-5min videos going over a specific thing on each video. Like this one about the terrain which is more 3d unlike civ.

youtu.be

HUMANKIND™ Feature Focus: Reimagining Terrain

WISHLIST HUMANKIND ON STEAM: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1124300/HUMANKIND/---Follow HUMANKIND on social media!Twitter: https://twitter.com/humankindg...

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Too bad I don't have a PC powerful enough to play this. Stadia could be an option but I don't want to play it in 1080p. On the other hand it should have controller support then, I'll keep an eye on this

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Too bad I don't have a PC powerful enough to play this. Stadia could be an option but I don't want to play it in 1080p. On the other hand it should have controller support then, I'll keep an eye on this
Oh I had no idea it was even announced for Stadia (or consoles?). I thought it was pc only.

edit:
Checked

Microsoft Windows, macOS and Stadia

so no xsx or ps5 yet.

but being a stadia game seems to indicate it must be playable with a controller :)

OP
OP
Mukrab

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Not sure if it has controller support. Its not releasing on consoles so if i had to guess i'd say it won't.

Edit: oh i guess because of stadia. Maybe then.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Played every civ game since colonization since I was weeee boy on my dad's lap watching him play. Can't wait for this!

I really enjoy what amplitude has put out too so yea I am very excited.

Will try and persuade my dad to pick it up but he has never liked anything besides civ I've suggested in 25 years so there is not much hope