• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It's good that all these vaccines are in the work. I'm in healthcare and high risk so hopefully healthcare workers get the vaccine first. It should be noted that the Oxford vaccine is already in Phase 3 with 2 billion doses of the vaccine already in production and will be ready by September. That's how promising it looks.
Is 2mill by September confirmed?

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
It's good that all these vaccines are in the work. I'm in healthcare and high risk so hopefully healthcare workers get the vaccine first. It should be noted that the Oxford vaccine is already in Phase 3 with 2 billion doses of the vaccine already in production and will be ready by September. That's how promising it looks.

2 billion? September 2021?

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that depending on the type of vaccine? If they are not using live virus, then even comprised people can get it, although they will likely require a higher dose.

Totally, I was just more alluding to the assholes who choose not to vaccinate out of political, religous or personal reasons. Unless the vaccine will Be dangerous for you there should be not opting out.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I really hope all vaccines end up being viable.
The more ways we get to combat the virus the better.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Totally, I was just more alluding to the assholes who choose not to vaccinate out of political, religous or personal reasons. Unless the vaccine will Be dangerous for you there should be not opting out.
I have no problem with people being put in mandatory permanent quarantine once they refuse the vaccine. People can have their freedom, and the rest of the world can say fine, we reserve out freedom to refuse you.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have no problem with people being put in mandatory permanent quarantine once they refuse the vaccine. People can have their freedom, and the rest of the world can say fine, we reserve out freedom to refuse you.
This. It's not fair to fuck things up based on your so called beliefs.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
2 billion? September 2021?

It's been mass produced for some time already in India IIRC, although I think they promised 100 million doses not 1 billion.

The idea is that if it's effective and safe, it's ready for a frontline rollout immediately. If it's not? Well they've wasted some resources.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
You're just ignoring the fact that immunocompromised people that can't get vaccinated will thus suffer because of anti vaxxers. Everyone needs to get vaccinated.

everyone needs to doesn't translate as it will.

the amount of anti vaxxers in the states is absolutely insane. Im amazed alone at how many at work think it's filled with poison and shit.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
The Oxford vaccine seems to be ready for final preps and distribution in September and the Moderna one in Oct-Nov. It's gonna be one hell of a ride for science.

hopefully its going to be a massive win for science

i give it 2 years before cranks start saying that covid vaccines cause autism. No scratch that, its already happening before they even exist.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Billions and billions per person, if studies showing rapidly declining COVID antibodies in short periods of time means what it looks like it means.
Antibodies aren't the be-all-and-end-all- a truly successful vaccine promotes a T-cell response too (and part of the reason why the Oxford vaccine seems so promising is because it promotes both).

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we could have a vaccine OT for vaccine-related updates?
Awesome! this is what we need right now

Voila
www.resetera.com

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Vaccine Discussion Thread COVID - OT

Current phase: Phase 2 (Phase 3 from July 27th) American pharmaceutical company Moderna has had success with the development of its vaccine, with work dating back to February 2020 when China first started to share the genomic sequencing of the virus on January 11th. The first clinical batch of...