• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...to absolutely no fanfare.

For those PS4 players that never gave up hope, however, remaining eager to fight for their survival across a zombie-infested post-soviet Chernarus, that opportunity has finally arrived. DayZ is available now on the PlayStation Store and costs £39.99/$49.99 USD.

I mean, it's something like four years late, but I respect the fact they did it.

I'm in two minds. Like, I've always wanted to play it, but I can't help but feel there's going to be hardly anyone playing it since they just sent it out to die.

Loot my corpse if old.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's a full priced game that looks like its from the PS3 era. If it was free, then it may have a bit of life to it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw the trailer on youtube yesterday and thought "Out Now" was a mistake. Probably runs like ass but it does look fun

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Has the game officially left early access yet? Cant believe there still working on it when theres so few people even playing on pc. Studios have kiterally been opened, developed games, and supported them in the time its taken them to get to a full release

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oof, that's a rough trailer haha. The running animation is surprisingly bad...for a game that's mostly running. Glad they finally released it, though, I guess. Hopefully it runs well.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Don't support bullshit like this, especially at that price point.

Outrageous.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
lol.

i don't actually know what to say.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I remember it being announced first on PS4's stage and releasing first on Xbox.
Now they're stealth dropping it with that price tag, they're having a laugh.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I remember it being announced first on PS4's stage and releasing first on Xbox.
Now they're stealth dropping it with that price tag, they're having a laugh.
sad thing is that it will probably sell well.

most people who don't have a PC have a PS4.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Is it actually out of Early Access?

I remember having a blast with the original mod back in the day, although if there's any game that could accurately be described as a 'hiking simulator' then it's this one.

Gave up on the PC standalone game before it got into a decent state.

Dec 3, 2018
The mod had so much potential. Shame it happened like this.

The mod is still up there in the list of best online I have experienced. Nothing quite like it at the beginning, when there was only one or two servers and you had to sit there mashing enter to try and join. All of the random encounters I had, the trips to the NW airfield and Stary. Some truly incredible nights playing that.

I just started playing standalone after not touching it since buying it when it was released and surprisingly they have polished it up quite well. I still prefer the simplicity of the mod in the early days though, before people gamed the system and everyone had sniper rifles and ghillie suits.

No idea what it plays like on consoles though, can't imagine playing it with a controller at what I assume will be 20fps

lake

Oct 27, 2017
bullet point: host your own radio show
bullet point: restrain and force-feed people

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
What are all these posts about the price? It's pretty much the same as Steam, no?

Same as Xbox too.

Last edited:

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
The mod is still up there in the list of best online I have experienced. Nothing quite like it at the beginning, when there was only one or two servers and you had to sit there mashing enter to try and join. All of the random encounters I had, the trips to the NW airfield and Stary. Some truly incredible nights playing that.

Likewise. There was a reason why it was so popular back in the day before it turned into Wasteland (then into BR). I've given up hope that they'll ever make a fully-realized version of the mod considering how long it's been since the release of Standalone.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Lol yea ok.

I believe Sony could make Bend do their own take on a Battle Royal game with zombies mixed in. Possibly a Days Gone spin off. Make it F2P.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017

I just started playing standalone after not touching it since buying it when it was released and surprisingly they have polished it up quite well. I still prefer the simplicity of the mod in the early days though, before people gamed the system and everyone had sniper rifles and ghillie suits.

No idea what it plays like on consoles though, can't imagine playing it with a controller at what I assume will be 20fps
It's 60fps in the playstation trailer.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to tell you. Except, meh at best. It still doesn't even hold up to it's Arma III mod days.