• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

About at 3:23. He's resolute to make her play very differently to the OG Doom Slayer.

"Different weapons
- A different type of agression
- Lethal
- Different Glory Kills"

8b4076c8cd47bf632c2ce054a922ab6e.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would have been fucking rad. Do it id.

(In before only men can be litterally so angry they can't die)

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Let us play as Crash (hopefully redesigned though, for obvious reasons) damn it!! Would be awesome as all hell honestly.

Doom 4 and Eternal are basically Saturday morning cartoons so it wouldn't even matter if they just threw Crash into the next game as a playable character as well. Or hell, even just as an option in Eternal too

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser Employee Are Sick
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I see no reason why not. Does Doom Eternal have a story or something, do you see yourself? I haven't played it yet.

Regardless, of all games, DOOM seems like the biggest no-brainer to do this for. Change giant space marine guy into giant space marine woman. Add some new grunts or something.

I'm sure there's a WAD for that.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I see no reason why not. Does Doom Eternal have a story or something, do you see yourself? I haven't played it yet.

Regardless, of all games, DOOM seems like the biggest no-brainer to do this for. Change giant space marine guy into giant space marine woman. Add some new grunts or something.

Me either, but a first-person game with limited (?) cinematics where the player character's visible seems like a perfect vehicle for major avatar customization along with selecting what kind of playstyle -- the "glory kills" and "lethal" mentioned above.

But I haven't played Doom in a few iterations.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Guys doom 3! Deals with how the doom slayer's action in doom 2 makes the universe start to go crazy and we get other dimensions aka female doom girl

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While you generally see your eyes through the visor a lot throughout Eternal and even get to hear Doomguy's voice, The Ancient Gods drops the bombshell that the Dark Lord is Doomguy but Evil, and he's shown off without armor.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I watched this video yesterday!

I think the OP is presenting it just a little bit off, though. He's not talking about the option to play as a female Doom Slayer—he's talking about a Doom game starring a woman, specifically

At least, that's how I read it

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Yes, in Eternal you get a pretty loaded backstory on "doomguy"... it was really surprising, very lore and story heavy (specially if you read the lore bits you collect).
Nothing would prevent retconning doomgal instead of doomguy though in my opinion.
I'd welcome it.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I mean, this would be super easy to implement and not even change anything about the game, so why not just do it instead of thinking about doing it? This smells like trying to see the outrage before making a decision. So many cowards in this industry.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Oh my god yes please. And for the Switch port, just use Samus. For the Xbox version, a female Spartan from Halo. It would be so awesome!

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

It has a story but at this point it is just a character and noises of grunting swaps. He's a nothing character, just angry.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why not. The whole point is about having a human be this demon-slaying force of nature, and gender doesn't matter for that.

Making her play very differently sounds hard to pull off though, since the game is so strongly tailored around the doomguy's kit.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I smell something. A smell. A smelly smell that smells.

Man babies

(Lady Doomslayer would be sick)

GameBuddy

Oct 27, 2017
Hellabama
I think I'm the only one who watched it but the Doom Annihilation movie kinda did this. The person who ends up in "doom marine" armor with a BFG shooting demons in Hell in the ending scenes is one of the women characters.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
It's too good of an idea for DLC. Make a new game with it already in mind. And throw in co-op while you're at it.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do it! And then give us a sequel where we can choose to play as her from the start. If you think about it, Doom Slayer is gender neutral, so it'd work perfectly.