• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I recently repurchased a Vita (I used to own one but got rid of it back in the day). Thanks to Playstation+ and various sales over the years, my backlog is insane. The following are all the games I have on my backlog. If a game is not listed here I might have already beaten it (and if I haven't I'm not looking to buy anything new).

To give you some insight about my tastes I like story driven games (Night in the Woods, Life is Strange), open world games, Metroidvania's, RPG's, Nintendo games, etc. I also "care" about trophies and love games that have doable trophy lists.

Which of these games should i check out?
Are there any that are not even worth the download?
Any underrated gems?

2064: Read Only Memories
Actual Sunlight
Amnesia: Memories
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Badland: GOTY
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Exxtend\
Broken Sword 5 The Serpent's Curse
Broken Sword 5: The Surpent's Curse Episode 2
Burly Men at Sea
CastleStorm
Castlestorm The Warrior Queen
Claire: Extended Cut
Code: Realize : Guardians of Rebirth
Color Guardians
CounterSpy
Curses 'N Chaos
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Dead Nation
Disney Epic Mickey 2
Divekick PS VIta
Doki-Doki Universe
Dokuro
Don'T Die, Mr. Robot!
Don't Starve
Downwell
Dragon Fin Soup
Duke Nukem 3D: Metaton Edition
Dungeon Punks
Element4l
Exile's End
Fez
Final Horizon
Flame Over
Forma.8
Foul Play
Freedom Wars
Frozen Synapse prime
Furmins
Futuridium EP Deluxe
Germinator
Grand Kingdom
Grim Fandango Remastered
Hatoful Boyfriend
Helldivers
History: Legends of War: Patton
Hohokum
Home - A Unique Horror Adventure
Hotline Miami
Hue
Hustle Kings
Iconoclasts
Jet Set Radio
Joe Danger
Kick & Fennick
KickBeat
King Oddball
Knytt Underground
Kung Fu Rabbit
La Mulana Ex
Laser Disco Defenders
Lemmings Touch
Level 22
Limbo
LittleBigPlanet
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Luftrausers
Lumo
Machinarium
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
Metrico
ModNation Racers
Mortal Kombat
Murasaki Baby
Mutant Mudds Deluxe PS Vita
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Neon Chrome
New Little King's Story
Nihlumbra
Ninja Senki DX
Nova-111
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
OlliOlli2
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Pix the Cat
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Proteus
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Q*Bert Rebooted
Race the Sun
Rainbow Moon
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Reality Fighters
Resogun
Retro City Rampage
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Rogue Aces
Rogue Legacy
Roundabout
Severed
ShutShimi
Sine Mora
Sky Force Anniversary
Sly 2
Sly 3
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Soul Sacrifice
Sound Shapes
Space Overlords
Spy Chameleon
Squares
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
Stealth Inc:
Street Fight X Tekken
Super Exploding Zoo!
Super Meat Boy
Super Mutant Alien Assault
Super Time Force Ultra
Surge Deluxe
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Terraria PS Vita
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Bridge
The Hungry Horde
The Swapper
The Swindle
The Wolf Among Us
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Titan Attacks
Titan Souls
TorqueL
Type: Rider
Uncanny Valley
Unfinished Swan
Urban Trial Freestyle
VVVVVV
Velocity 2x
Velocity Ultra
Wanted Corp.
We Are Doomed
When Vikings Attack!
Woah Dave!
Worms Revolution
Xeodrifter
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

Last edited:

bnx

Mar 18, 2018
Definitely check out Hotline Miami and Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc. I had a blast with those back when I played them.

Edit: Soul Sacrifice is good too. I have Platinums on all 3 games. They are doable. HM might be a bit tough tho. Also, The wolf among us is a easy Plat.

Last edited:

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, dude. I know they're on sale, but just buy the games you know you're going to have time to play. I know they were cheap, but you could have saved money. If you really want to ply these games, I'd say, pick five and move onto the next game you really want to play, and don't buy more because your backlog is going to get worse.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if you have the original or Delta version, but definitely play through Soul Sacrifice. My favorite of all of the "monster hunt" games with its story, music, and characters. Gameplay is fun but can become easy with the right combination of spells. Still, there are plenty of challenging side missions and really fun to play online. Put more hours into it than any other Vita game to date.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Soul Sacrifice (mainly Delta) are the best games on the system. Play that - the story is surprisingly great, especially reading the backstories for all of the monsters!

OP
OP
AppleBlade

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Jesus, dude. I know they're on sale, but just buy the games you know you're going to have time to play. I know they were cheap, but you could have saved money. If you really want to ply these games, I'd say, pick five and move onto the next game you really want to play, and don't buy more because your backlog is going to get worse.
I haven't purchased a Vita game in like 2 years. Vita was my main platform up until the Switch came out. Every Christmas and Birthday for a few years was PSN cards from my wife, parents, sisters etc which I then hoarded until flash sales. A lot of these were also Playstation Plus games.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Some of my favorites from this list:

Danganronpa
Zero Escape: VLR (only if you already played 999)
Limbo
LittleBigPlanet
Day of The Tentacle
Grim Fandango
The Wolf Among Us

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Find a way to get your hands on 999 then play these:
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's quite the list. I noticed a lot of them are games that were on PS+.

Anyway, I can comment on these as an avid Vita player myself:

Actual Sunlight - Neat little game about depression and suicide. Easy trophies.
Amnesia: Memories - Only played this because it was on PS+. Didn't enjoy as much as Code Realize.
Broken Sword 5 The Serpent's Curse
Broken Sword 5: The Surpent's Curse Episode 2 - Played this on XBL, it's ok. Easy trophies.
Code: Realize : Guardians of Rebirth - Surprisingly enjoyed this one. Most of these VNs have easy trophies.
CounterSpy - Good little puzzler
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - Uh, play this now (and the sequels)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered - Easy trophies if you follow a guide
Dead Nation - This game is pretty fun, but a bit grindy. I think the Vita version suffers and is too dark at times.
Doki-Doki Universe - Quirky little game, I just used a trophy guide for it.
Exile's End - Did not enjoy this game at all. Honestly felt offended by how much time I wasted on it.
Freedom Wars - I did not really enjoy this as much as Soul Sacrifice.
Grand Kingdom - Avoid this if you care about trophies.
Grim Fandango Remastered - Easy trophies if you follow a guide.
History: Legends of War: Patton - I've been wanting to check this out, it looks surprisingly decent. Trophies don't seem bad.
Hotline Miami - Great game and works well on Vita. Trophies are pretty simple.
Iconoclasts - Really enjoyed this one too, check this out.
Joe Danger - Neat little game, trophies shouldn't be bad.
Kick & Fennick - Same with this, trophies aren't bad.
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut - I used a trophy guide for this but it introduced me to some great music.
Metrico - Did not really enjoy this puzzler.
Murasaki Baby - I honestly only played this for the trophies. I'm not really sure this was a "good" game.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe PS Vita - Decent platformer, getting platinum felt good.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Avoid if you enjoy trophies. It seems impressive on the Vita, but I couldn't really get into it.
New Little King's Story - Great game, platinum is pretty simple. Some technical chugs.
Nova-111 - I just used a trophy guide for this, but it's not bad puzzle game.
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate - This was a fun little game, works well on Vita.
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Ok little game, easy platinum (if people are playing?)
Proteus - This is one of those games where there's literally no point to it. You... walk, I guess.
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - Terrible VN, just a slog to read, uninteresting story.
Rainbow Moon - This game is a slog. Not that interesting or fun personally.
Ratchet & Clank Collection - I heard there was an issue with this where the game can hard crash. I think on physical copy only?
Severed - Great little game by the Guacamelee people. Easy platinum.
Soul Sacrifice - I love this game and the sequel Delta.
Sound Shapes - Easy little platinum, fun game.
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
Stealth Inc: - These games can be frustrating if going for platinum, but otherwise nice little puzzlers.
The Bridge - This game will make you give up immediately and look up solutions, especially for the trophies.
Unfinished Swan - One of those "walking simulators" so easy platinum.
Xeodrifter - Easy platinum, cute little game.
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - Uh play these immediately

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I noticed that you said you care about Trophies, as I went through a bit of a dilemma acquiring some of them on the Vita a couple years ago. I know for a fact that the servers for ModNation Racers: Road Trip were shutdown, preventing the Platinum Trophy from being obtainable.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Oh yeah, La Mulana EX is one of the best metroidvanias of all time - but it's a commitment. If you're down for that, buy yourself a pen and a notebook and write down *everything* while you're playing. Make maps, write down anything that stands out to you, etc.

Or use a guide, but what fun is that?

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
I guarantee the majority of those games were free PS Plus games or games that OP got next to nothing on sale.

Also, who the hell cares what he does with his money? It's his, and from what it seems like it was gift cards he got. Who cares what he does. Haha

Deleted member 10273

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't have a backlog, you have a library. Just play whatever you feel like and don't stress it.

In other words, play Hotline Miami. They are perfect on VITA.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
From that list, my favourites were Freedom Wars, The Swindle and Hotline Miami

Jan 4, 2018
Rogue Legacy - Super addictive 2D action platformer rogue-lite with fun randomness and a progression system full of permanent passive buffs.
Hotline Miami - Combines the best parts of twin-stick shooters and puzzle games. Also, amazing soundtrack.
Resogun - Still one of the best PS4 games, although I don't know how the Vita port is (maybe just play the PS4 version if you have that).

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definetly give Hotline Miami and Soul Sacrifice a go. They were really good in both gameplay and story.

Zero Escape series is a really good one as well. Play the first two as they are the best. If you like it then try Danganronpa.

Edit: I also agree with people saying Rogue Legacy. It is a really good game.
Edit 2: Noticed you have Sly series, Oreshika, Duke 3D and Jet Set Radio. Those games are some of the best games ever so definetly play them as well.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - I was amazed to actually enjoy a VN. If you already like story driven games should be ideal.

Joe Danger - Strangely Nintendo like.

Doesn't really fit your criteria but still play downwell, you'll know if you like it near instantly which is handy when going through a backlog.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
You've got Reality Fighters on there twice, so there's one you can cross off immediately.

The Zero Escape games are a ride, but you should ideally play 999 first. I don't think it's available on Vita, but it's available on PS4 or Steam as part of the Nonary Games collection... or you could play the DS original which lacks some QoL changes and enhancements, but some people still prefer it. They're also fairly easy to Platinum, by the way.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
You've got Reality Fighters on there twice, so there's one you can cross off immediately.

The Zero Escape games are a ride, but you should ideally play 999 first. I don't think it's available on Vita, but it's available on PS4 or Steam as part of the Nonary Games collection... or you could play the DS original which lacks some QoL changes and enhancements, but some people still prefer it. They're also fairly easy to Platinum, by the way.
999 is on Vita through the Nonary Games collection.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
This list is giving me anxiety, best of luck mate.

(Metal Gear Solid HD collection)

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're PlayStation plus games I wouldn't count them in your backlog anyway, unless you really want to play them. You don't own those games.

Anyway start with the short games, then you can make progress very quickly.