• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
(SPOILERS BEWARE) Hi! I just wanted to create this thread to understand Sirens on Borderlands. If you have finished Borderlands 3, you'd know what happens, so here are my guesses about all Sirens on Borderlands.

As we know, there can only be 6 Sirens on Borderlands at the any given time. I don't remember if that means there always must be 6 or the limit is 6, but can be less (like 4 or 5 at the same time, until the sixth is born). And they must be female, because their power comes from female Eridians, who were stronger than males. So here are my guesses about Sirens along the franchise:

BORDERLANDS:
- Lilith
- Commander Steele
- Maya (who already exists, given her age)
- Amara
- Angel
- Asha. She's a canon Siren from the comic books. I'm not sure about her, because I think she's in a coma. But she's not dead, so she shoulb be counted as Siren.

BORDERLANDS THE PRE-SEQUEL:
- Lilith
- Maya
- Amara
- Angel
- Asha
- Tyreen (Steele dies on Borderlands, so Tyreen might be already the new Siren). Troy shouldn't count as Siren, because he's not a legitimate one. He just is a Tyreen's powers extension.

BORDERLANDS 2/TFTB:
- Lilith
- Maya
- Amara
- Asha
- Angel/Tannis (Angel dies and Tannis acquires her Siren powers)
- Tyreen.

BORDERLANDS 3:
- Lilith
- Maya/Ava. Maya dies, but Ava acquires her powers. She's her substitute, so she doesn't change the count.
- Amara
- Asha
- Tannis
- Tyreen.

BORDERLANDS 4:
- Lilith. At the end it's assumed Lilith has not completely died. My guess is her powers are linked to Pandora forever, so she'll always be alive. But maybe she's trapped and we'd have to rescue her at some DLC.
- Ava.
- Amara.
- Asha.
- Tannis.
- New playable Siren. Gearbox may create a new Siren. Or maybe this new playable character are Ava (as it is implied) or even Tannis por Asha, which should be great. In this case, this new Siren should be alive in some place, even if we don't know her.

That are my guesses, but I'm not completely sure. What do you think? Thanks!!

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're on the money here.

Asha is disputable but that's corrects.

Gearbox said no DLC characters but who knows.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Troy is a siren tho, if you followed the dialogue the calypso were joint babies at birth yet each had tattoos after being separated

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
I'm not getting the "it's assumed Lillith isn't completely dead" part, the game seemed to be selling it pretty hard as the end for her.

Yeah, but that thing about "being the Firehawk that illuminates Pandora" made me think about her not being completely dead. At least her Siren powers seems to be alive. Si she shouldn't count as dead Siren, because her powers are still there.

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
but that doesn't mean he isn't a siren ? I don't see how these are mutually exclusive

Because he's a mistake. He shouldn't have become one, but during birth he was tied to his sister. His an extension of her, not a Siren by himself. Tannis even implies that to Ava, when she gains Maya's power. She says something like the powers "now have found their rightful owner". If Troy was a Siren by himself, he would have been that rightful owner.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Because he's a mistake. He shouldn't have become one, but during birth he was tied to his sister. His an extension of her, not a Siren by himself. Tannis even implies that to Ava, when she gains Maya's power. She says something like the powers "now have found their rightful owner". If Troy was a Siren by himself, he would have been that rightful owner.

Ah, I think my understanding differs on that end. To me Tannis said that solely based on virtue, like the powers are going toward a good person now. Deleon says in a log that both his babies are sirens so, even if Troy technically isnt a "pure" one, at the end of the day he can still use powers

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
An argument can also be made that the "six sirens at any given time" figure that Jack gives could be inaccurate. Especially since we know that the Calypso's mom entered the vault to try and prevent her power from re-manifesting, and we really don't know how long she'd been in there.

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
An argument can also be made that the "six sirens at any given time" figure that Jack gives could be inaccurate. Especially since we know that the Calypso's mom entered the vault to try and prevent her power from re-manifesting, and we really don't know how long she'd been in there.