• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-maralago-illegal-residence_n_5eda78e6c5b66ef1a9246821?rmg

Even as they both attack the idea of voting by mail, President Donald Trump and his new press secretary may have voted by mail illegally, using residential addresses on their registrations that were not their residences.
Kayleigh McEnany cast Florida ballots in 2018 using her parents' address in Tampa, even though she lived in Washington, D.C., and held a New Jersey driver's license. Trump cast a Florida ballot this year using a business address in Palm Beach, where he had promised the town government he would not live.
"If Florida is not really your primary residence, than it's inappropriate for you to be registered as a voter in Florida," said Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, a fellow at the Brennan Center and a professor at Stetson University in Florida.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
"See? It's easy to commit fraud by vote by mail, we did it just to prove it!"

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
It's always projection. His crimes are obvious because he accuses others of what he has already done.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest part is the NJ license. Florida will allow you to vote absentee, and basically consider you a resident, if you have an active license. They'll even call you for jury duty. But if you get a license elsewhere, you have to transfer or terminate your last license.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
It would be amazing if this of all things got Trump arrested, like Capone and tax evasion.

Not sure what the defense would even be like, "oops I didn't know, I thought I could use my biz address"?

But sadly I'm sure it won't happen. :(

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
5D chess

When everyone points out that stopping vote by mail for voter fraud is dumb because there's no voter fraud his response will be "Yes there is, even I committed voter fraud!" Checkmate liberals.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
once again it is shown that it's always republicans getting caught committing voter fraud or election fraud.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaat?! Trump projecting about voter fraud because he himself committed voter fraud?

Nooooooooooooooo

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine this form of fraud is common. Snowbirds and others voting in Florida because it is a known swing state. And Florida looking the other way (toward minority suppression).

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Literally nothing will happen to them and the news probably won't cover this in any meaningful way.

But I still hope...

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Isn't there a scene in 30 Rock in which Liz Lemon says she wants to vote in a swing state so she's using her parents' address? Did Liz Lemon commit voter fraud?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm shocked! Shocked!

Well not that shocked

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Every time. Every time he accuses somebody of something it's because he's done it himself.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
As expected, these are only the people left that are willing to work for trump at this point. Liars, crooks, and fraudsters.