• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm very confused. She's already pregnant. So is Sidious/plageius not doing anything other than manipulating the unborn child? So they're not the father, then.
so was she just eating good before Darth Shiteous ghost impregnated her?

she seems kinda metal though which is cool. spiked bracelets being what every young pregnant mother needs.
She's already pregnant there though...?
It doesn't look like he impregnated anyone, but rather corrupted an unborn child in the womb? Thread title is inaccurate! Fake news!

And, this...

sounds AWFUL. Lmao.

It's a vision. Anakin is seeing that Palpatine was behind his conception.

Also I swear, it's a really good chapter. The execution is great.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I like that the emperor laid the grown work for his own defeat

Yup, the Sith put the prophecy of their own defeat into motion.

Also, the original draft of Ep. III had a scene that basically mirrored the "I am your father" scene of Ep. V but between Vader and Palps. It was probably cut for being too on-the-nose and was eventually replaced with the opera scene.

Edit: Also, the amount of people reacting in this thread with no context or understanding is mind-numbing. Don't shit on the comic without reading it. It's one of the best of the year and a legitimately great look into Vader's early years and his transition into the straight-up-evil Vader of the originals.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another clickbait headline and out of context panel posted on Etc.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the more older Star Wars theories out there and it makes a certain sort of sense. Its been my head cannon since the first prequel

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people seem to think Star Wars has left the New Testament plagiarism behind in the absence of George Lucas. They've very wrong.

In The Last Jedi, Snoke calls Kylo Ren "My good and faithful apprentice", which is the most on-the-nose piece of dialogue I have ever heard in my life.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
From a review of this I saw from Star Wars Explained it's more just a weird vision Vader has and is not explicitly stated as what happened exactly in canon.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is why I don't read EU.
Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith is a thousands times better then the garbage from the new trilogy.

And it was an extremely trippy force vision

They also revealed what Vader really looks like
pzwiqrpx96yz.png

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I'm okay with it since I'd rather Darth Vader's story be over with so they can move onto a different obsession.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we already knew this? I found this factoid out through RLM's Darth Vader suit video (which is fucking hilarious).

Or is this just canonizing that supposed backstory.

Oct 25, 2017
This really isn't new at all. For those that need a refresher.

In Phantom Menace. Qui Gon asks Shmi who Anakins father is after he finds out he has a high midichlorian count. Shmi says. "there was no father. I carried him, gave birth to him." etc.

In Revenge of the Sith during the opera scene. Palpatine tells Anakin the story of Darth Plagieus and how he was able to manipulate the Midichlorians to create life. That message to the audience pretty much implies that this is how Anakin was birthed.

Now this is just some trippy as shit Vader is seeing and it's metaphorical. It still lines up with what was said in the Prequels.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
So was this a one time deal? If Sidious was capable of this, then when Vader got sliced and diced by Kenobi, why wouldn't he shake his head and try again. Was he like fuck I don't want another 20 year commitment and I guess this is good enough — or did he actually know or suspect that the twins existed and they'd eventually reveal themselves somehow, and he could try this whole thing again without putting in too much effort, because he got lazy as fuck once he took over the galaxy.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So was this a one time deal? If Sidious was capable of this, then when Vader got sliced and diced by Kenobi, why wouldn't he shake his head and try again. Was he like fuck I don't want another 20 year commitment and I guess this is good enough — or did he actually know or suspect that the twins existed and they'd eventually reveal themselves somehow, and he could try this whole thing again without putting in too much effort, because he got lazy as fuck once he took over the galaxy.

Probably because he already won at that point.

Why go for another Chosen One that can kill you when you have no real threats left? Darth Vader is good enough.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars: a media franchise spanning an entire galaxy where every single named character is somehow related to each other.
Considering how much influence Star Wars takes from Japanese storytelling including liberally borrowing from The Hidden Fortress, I find it kinda curious how what you describe is the trope that defines a lot of popular Japanese storytelling. See all these characters? They grew up in the same orphanage together. Honest. See this random spot on the map? The salvation of humanity is here. Let's just wander in a random direction, and we'll be sure to stumble across the most important character in the story. See that villain? He'll do a lot of super evil shit but be redeemed by the end of the story because he's nice to the lead character exactly once.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Palpatine kidnapped force sensitive babies to run experiments with them.

That was all George.

It's been implied

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much influence Star Wars takes from Japanese storytelling including liberally borrowing from The Hidden Fortress, I find it kinda curious how what you describe is the trope that defines a lot of popular Japanese storytelling. See all these characters? They grew up in the same orphanage together. Honest. See this random spot on the map? The salvation of humanity is here. Let's just wander in a random direction, and we'll be sure to stumble across the most important character in the story. See that villain? He'll do a lot of super evil shit but be redeemed by the end of the story because he's nice to the lead character exactly once.

This happens across all cultures not just Japanese

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
This my type of stupid convoluted plan that need lvl 99 plot armor and just ends up backfiring anyway

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I always thought Plagueis and Sheev tried to create life but failed, and the Force retaliated by spawning Anakin. I thought maybe that was old canon but I have no idea.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
There is no more subtly anymore in star wars. No more world building that exists on its own merits or scenes that must be untouched. Nothing can be implied or inferred. There can be no mystery.

Everything must be connected.

Every background character must have met at some point. Every single cool line must have entire plot arcs about in in subsequent spin offs. Every little paculiarity or gimmick a character had must be explained in detail and given its own emotional origin story.

That time the mouse droid moved out of the way? The mandalorian will probably feature an entire episode about that droids story. How it met darth vader, how it was there when Luke and Obi wan raided the death star. How it knew count dooku and was the battle of Naboo. How it learned to swerve out the way like it did after stumbling across a gang of would be plucky gang members putting together a crew to Rob a resource that powers the random gadget from that one five second scene in Empire Strikes back.

Nothing is just allowed to just be the way it is.